• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    TT has a love of potential especially with his late round picks. He needs to lose that, draft high floor/low ceiling types and can step up and play if need be. Cuz you know those guys sometimes develop too.
    I agree with this. The NFL is not like the NBA where one real superstar and a couple of almost all stars can carry a team. The NFL is about depth across all aspects of the team and if you have a weakness, it can be exposed.

So yes, I would like to see a bit more guys drafted where Kiper says "very productive in college." Nick Niemann has been a solid player. Easton Stick was a wasted draft pick as Telesco or Lynn wanted a "taysom hill" type - well that didn't work out now did it

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree with this. The NFL is not like the NBA where one real superstar and a couple of almost all stars can carry a team. The NFL is about depth across all aspects of the team and if you have a weakness, it can be exposed.

So yes, I would like to see a bit more guys drafted where Kiper says "very productive in college." Nick Niemann has been a solid player. Easton Stick was a wasted draft pick as Telesco or Lynn wanted a "taysom hill" type - well that didn't work out now did it
      ^ This. Plenty of good talent in round 5 for other positions besides QB, and plenty of FA QB's available every year to sign as QB backups, and on the cheap...just DUMB DRAFTING...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This. Plenty of good talent in round 5 for other positions besides QB, and plenty of FA QB's available every year to sign as QB backups, and on the cheap...just DUMB DRAFTING...
        Exactly. Or even UDFA QBs are out there - if they are smart and accurate. Might not have the ability to throw the ball like Herbert - but they are accurate when they pass. Stick was - I have no clue why they thought he was an NFL QB

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

There were plenty here excited about Stick and pointed out that he broke Wentz passing records at NDSU as a reason to be excited.

Stick was there a year longer than Wentz though. Wentz is now probably going to be a backup in the league. Still better than Stick lol.

I was never a fan of Stick and hopefully his time here is done with Daniel.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            There were plenty here excited about Stick and pointed out that he broke Wentz passing records at NDSU as a reason to be excited.

Stick was there a year longer than Wentz though. Wentz is now probably going to be a backup in the league. Still better than Stick lol.

I was never a fan of Stick and hopefully his time here is done with Daniel.
            If I remember the story, somebody asked Lynn about Stick in comparison to Tayson Hill and Coach Lynn said "well he is not 6'2 230 and can run under a 4.5" -

Based on that - I wonder what the fascination was with Easton Stick

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              re: Keenan.... don't think there's a receiver in this draft that can hold a candle to him, and.... not sure there is a Pro Bowl receiver in the bunch ??

will volunteer that eye suspect Keenan still has not one, not two, but three Pro Bowls in him and yet to come....

also did some cursory research on WR longevity, and there are a coupla few name wideouts that fell off before 35, but the most of 'em did just fine 'til then, and a fair bit of 'em actually had some of their best years in their early 30s.... moving on from Keenan would be a really poor football decision.
              I feel every bit as strongly that the organization not getting younger, healthier, cheaper, and faster at the position will leave them in the cellar of the AFC West with the Raiders. Howie Roseman's moves to remake the Eagles WR position group has already paid dividends.

I think trading for another veteran WR is absolutely on the table. As of tomorrow, the front office has 15 days to act on this issue. Bears watching.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/28/s...smid=url-share (free article)

To Rebuild the Eagles, the Team’s G.M. Worked His ‘Magic’ - NYTimes

The Eagles are again aiming for a championship just five seasons after winning it all thanks in large part to General Manager Howie Roseman, who led a uniquely fast rebuild through a series of bold moves.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/28/s...smid=url-share (free article)

To Rebuild the Eagles, the Team’s G.M. Worked His ‘Magic’ - NYTimes

The Eagles are again aiming for a championship just five seasons after winning it all thanks in large part to General Manager Howie Roseman, who led a uniquely fast rebuild through a series of bold moves.

He made so many good moves. Took advantage of the Saints a couple times I think via trades.

If the team is going to release Allen - maybe there is a market (Bears, Ravens, even Raiders) where the Chargers get a pick for the guy. Even in the draft, at 21 - if there are options there, explore trading back (get another player and actually save 2m of cap space). Again, not trading back to trade back but understanding the draft board, the talent at 21 and the ability to add another player

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He made so many good moves. Took advantage of the Saints a couple times I think via trades.

If the team is going to release Allen - maybe there is a market (Bears, Ravens, even Raiders) where the Chargers get a pick for the guy. Even in the draft, at 21 - if there are options there, explore trading back (get another player and actually save 2m of cap space). Again, not trading back to trade back but understanding the draft board, the talent at 21 and the ability to add another player
                      Gotta be careful here...you don't want to trade your Rib Eye steak for 10 bags of Dorito chips!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Gotta be careful here...you don't want to trade your Rib Eye steak for 10 bags of Dorito chips!
                        True. With the Chargers picking at 21 - if there is top 15 talent on the board -- probably have to take the player, Unless its a guy like Richardson or Levis where you might leverage

So if the right player is there at21 - you take him. If the board sets up where maybe good players are there but wrong position or maybe not a position of need - that is where you might look to move back.

Since I think the Chargers need: WR, TE and Edge and could use more depth at OT, OG/OC, Edge, RB and WR - more picks in Rounds 2-5 would be nice

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Bijan Robinson has to be drafted. I think the Cowboys and Jerry Jones are going to draft him.

we have to draft an impact player weather it be Bijan Robinson or Michael Mayers or Jordan Addison has to be the guy.

as for Ramsey you play in a division with Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce. Might be something you want to explore.

woul d they would they be interested in Jalen Ramsey for Joey Bosa?

Comment

Working...
                          X