• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Any Tackle drafted in the first 4 rounds this year will supersede Storm's ability...Hell...Salyer supersedes Storms abilities. Hell, just throw mort darts at the board here....
    He had a good run, I hope he saved some of that 2.5-3.35 million he made in his three years with the chargers…he also had a stint on the vikings PS…I don’t feel nad for the guy, he can tell his grand children he took the field with the legendary Justin Herbert
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But you are suppose to think 3 - 4 moves ahead.
      So replace your bottom 1rst guy of Tillery with Bryce Hall or Kenneth Walker.
      Trade up/down into the back end of the first/top of 2nd,
      or over pay to get Bijan Robinson?

If they piss away massive draft capital to move up for Bijan, inexcusable.

Far worse than AJ picking up Buster Davis (who was on no one's radar in the 1rst) and then trading away picks to move up and get Weddle.
      Piss away massive draft capital.
      It's pick#54 and next year 1st which is likely pick #25 or later. As I think they will find a way to get win a playoff game.

So #54 and #25.
      You really expecting Telesco to nail those picks.

I'm not saying your wrong. I just think you are being dramatic in regard to 2 picks being massive draft capital. One pick being outside the top 50. And the other likely a bottom Rd 1 pick at 25 or later. A single veteran like Van Noy is probably more impactful than pick 54 anyway. So really it's about a single late first in 2024 draft. And again that money can be used toward Herbert deal. Yep it's that late 1st next year that is the difference maker for Chargers instead of Bijan.

There is no massive draft capital issue in a move like this. Just standard business if they are trying to add Bijan.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Sounds like Bijan Robinson is becoming this year’s version of Isaiah Simmons…glad we went with my guy herbert on that one, then folks wanted to trade the house for penei sewell and I knew the worst we could do was darrisaw or alijah vera-tucker (I wanted either of those) and we got so lucky and slater dropped right to us which was just crazy…then folks wanted trevor penning last year and myself and a few others wanted zion johnson, I’m leaning nolan smith, darnell wright, or michael mayer this year, I just happen to like mayer just pinch more than washington from georgia but would be ecstatic with either one to be honest…my preference would be to get a second tier TE in rounds 2 or 3 because the value so I’m sticking edge and OT in round 1 depending of course on whether pipkins walks…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Piss away massive draft capital.
          It's pick#54 and next year 1st which is likely pick #25 or later. As I think they will find a way to get win a playoff game.

So #54 and #25.
          You really expecting Telesco to nail those picks.

I'm not saying your wrong. I just think you are being dramatic in regard to 2 picks being massive draft capital. One pick being outside the top 50. And the other likely a bottom Rd 1 pick at 25 or later. A single veteran like Van Noy is probably more impactful than pick 54 anyway. So really it's about a single late first in 2024 draft. And again that money can be used toward Herbert deal. Yep it's that late 1st next year that is the difference maker for Chargers instead of Bijan.

There is no massive draft capital issue in a move like this. Just standard business if they are trying to add Bijan.
          This is getting you in the top 10? With a qb or two still hanging around to drive up the price?

You might at least throw in a cheese sandwich.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

You've been advised.
            I am Not saying they should make the move for Bijan.
            But if they really want a player, they will make this move. And I am Okay with it because I like a go big or go home because scared money makes no money philosophy.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This is getting you in the top 10? With a qb or two still hanging around to drive up the price?

You might at least throw in a cheese sandwich.
              All the QBs will be gone by pick 7.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We arent getting any 3rd round comp picks and likely not a 4th. Not sure why you keep harping on comp picks. IF we get any, they will be late rounders, 6th-7th, but doubt we will get any with over 100 free agents getting deals and our guys not to top 50 worthy. Im pretty sure we arent signing any FAs unless we resign one of our own like KVN which wont count against us signing a FA.

Pip im thinking is on their radar. Adderley and Tranq, No. Not worried about Herberts deal either and i actually hope they do it after this season. It doesnt NEED to get done this year. Thats just other GMs doing them earlier than they need to and giving out foolish money to guys like Murray and Jones.

They will do it this year only because they feel the price tag will go up next season. But its going to cost either way and the cap will go up as well.
                Because good teams use the comp picks to their advantage. This isn't complicated. Do some research how it works. You just never know who is going to get paid - its strictly by dollars.

If a team signs Pipkins for like 3/25 and the Chargers do not sign anybody - they get the comp pick. Good teams have used the process to get more draft picks

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

They will cut JC Jackson post June 1 this year.
                  Saving 19mil for the 2024-2026.
                  They are not so upsidedown with contracts that they will end up in cap hell. They have plenty of options to get done what needs to get done.
                  If JC Jackson is on the roster - 17m
                  If he is a June 1 - 17m

What advantage is there to cutting JC Jackson - except for the future

But if they wanted cap savings in the future they would never have did what they did this week.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I would classify them as brain dead to do something like this when they could have had Breece hall in the top of second round last year.

Whatever respect I would have for this management crew would be utterly gone. Nothing like pushing all the chips back into the center pile when your only losing your employers money. Even better do this with Chicago and give them more picks over the next two seasons and watch them catapult to the top of the NFL in just two seasons.
                    I think we already know three things will happen
                    1) they will probably sign Dalton Schultz and release Everett.
                    2) Telesco will overpay for Bijan Robinson - so losing another day 2 pick
                    3) He will draft a fast WR in like Round 6

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

All the QBs will be gone by pick 7.
                      what if they went 1-5? LOL
                      1 young texans
                      2 stroud carolina
                      3 richardson Indy
                      4 hooker seattle
                      5 levis detroit
                      in this crazy scenario arizona retains the first non QB player pick at pick #6

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        Sounds like Bijan Robinson is becoming this year’s version of Isaiah Simmons…glad we went with my guy herbert on that one, then folks wanted to trade the house for penei sewell and I knew the worst we could do was darrisaw or alijah vera-tucker (I wanted either of those) and we got so lucky and slater dropped right to us which was just crazy…then folks wanted trevor penning last year and myself and a few others wanted zion johnson, I’m leaning nolan smith, darnell wright, or michael mayer this year, I just happen to like mayer just pinch more than washington from georgia but would be ecstatic with either one to be honest…my preference would be to get a second tier TE in rounds 2 or 3 because the value so I’m sticking edge and OT in round 1 depending of course on whether pipkins walks…
                        Isaiah Simmons was not very physical at Clemson ... I pointed this out and got my head bitten off.
                        Lesson learned.

I didn't understand what people saw in Penei Sewell.

I was wondering why people were talking about waiting for next year's qb crop ( Sam Darnold et al) when Mahomes was out there.

Is Bijan Robinson better than Bryce Hall?... I don't think so.
                        I do think he is a better prospect than isaiah simmons coming out.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think we already know three things will happen
                          1) they will probably sign Dalton Schultz and release Everett.
                          2) Telesco will overpay for Bijan Robinson - so losing another day 2 pick
                          3) He will draft a fast WR in like Round 6
                          Where is the Bijan speculation coming from? Have the Chargers been linked? I havent heard anything and i think the Eagles might have the luxury of taking him at 10 with their extra pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X