• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Super Bowl was 38-35

Scoring points is the reality. New rules favor offences.

Herbert is easily the best asset in the organization. Stacking the offence around him is the most logicol avenue.

Plus they spent huge on defense last year and what did Staley really accomplish with it?
    It never hit the field. Had some big games anyway at end of year and got us in the playoffs.
    That aside, I hope we add a top TE, RB or WR.

Last year KC invested their draft in D - won S B. They have a QB- TE. Their OL - WRs trade-FA.
    We're good at QB -WR_-OL. #1 RB is a definite maybe need. #1 TE big YES. #4 WR w/speed, yes. C/OG depth, yes.DB (Callahan/Adderly) big Yes.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Henry is playing for a team with no OC and a QB that is just a guy. Shultz is playing for a team expected to go deep into the POs with a QB
      better than what NE has.

I look at Everett as pretty good backup and starter on some teams. Shultz isn't much better. I prefer keeping Everett and drafting a TE with
      more upside. Would be cheaper option than going after Shultz.
      It would likely be cheaper, and much more of a gamble. Schultz is proven and just entering the prime of his career. While Dak > Jones, he isn't close to Herbert.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It would likely be cheaper, and much more of a gamble. Schultz is proven and just entering the prime of his career. While Dak > Jones, he isn't close to Herbert.
        Schultz is in his prime. His best year 800 yards. Last year Everett's numbers were the same as Schultz about 500 yards. What exactly has Schultz proven?
        He's not a premier TE. In this years TE class we can do better and cheaper.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Your only decent RB who does anything more that simply eat carries, and who isn’t a power back, has asked for a trade and you don’t think RB is a need yet? Agree on the other needs listed.

just kidding on the stop yelling. You can yell at me anytime
          I agree that RB is a need...just don't want to use valuable picks to trade up for one...

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Today is the last day of the 2022-2023 league year and the first day of the 2023-2024 league year. This page from the NFL explains everything that happens today:

End/Start of League Year. Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2023 on all players who have option clauses in their 2022 contracts.

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit Qualifying Offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2022 contracts who have fewer than three Accrued Seasons of free agency credit.

Top 51 Rule is in effect. All clubs must be under the 2023 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time. All 2022 NFL player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The 2023 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2023 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 15. Clubs will receive a Personnel Notice that will include all transactions submitted to the League office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 15.

Trading period for 2023. Trading begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2022 contracts.

Commencing at 4:00 p.m., New York time, Clubs may designate up to two Player Contracts that, if terminated on or prior to June 1, 2023, and if not renegotiated after January 9, 2023, shall be treated as if terminated on June 2, subject to the further requirements of CBA Article 13, Section 6(b)(ii)(1).

The last paragraph refers to players who are released with a post-June 1 designation. So a team can't do that until after 4 pm ET today. We will see if the Chargers release Hopkins (or anyone else) with a post-June 1 designation at that point.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I agree that RB is a need...just don't want to use valuable picks to trade up for one...
              I don't think Telesco should trade up for Bijan

and I dont think they should sign Zeke Elliott

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Much easier to read these

i agree, no trade ups for RBs, get charbonet in the second if you absolutely have to, otherwise sign a vet to help out and let’s see what spiller can do…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I hear ya. I normally don’t either, just this once and i swear I’ll stop
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

If a worst case scenario and we lose Ekler.

Draft a guy and how about Kareem Hunt? Same age as Ekler, 27, also a very good receiving back and a very tough runner. Might not cost a ton at this point. Last contract in Cleveland was 6 million a year but i dont think he gets that now.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                      Day One...
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Brentwood, 94513
                      • Send PM

Why don’t we find a trade partner with a speed wr and swap them for Ekler? It will hurt losing that dude, but money is money.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Zeke released. Sign him. There goes your big back. He will be better running behind our great offensive line. We need a guy to get those goal line touchdowns. He does that. Knows the end zone.can catch the ball out of the backfield. played with Joey Bosa at Ohio State. There boys. Knows Kellen moores system. Doesn’t have to be the every down guy but can be the short yardage guy.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Schultz is in his prime. His best year 800 yards. Last year Everett's numbers were the same as Schultz about 500 yards. What exactly has Schultz proven?
                          He's not a premier TE. In this years TE class we can do better and cheaper.
                          Is it true that Schultz is looking to get around 14 mil APY!? If that is true I say FUCK THAT SHIT! No way! Not this year, especially with this TE draft class…good luck with that bullshit mr. schultz…shame on the chargers if they do that…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X