• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I wonder about him also. I checked; he is a free agent, after signing a one-year contract with the Rams for $1.1M. He got $1.6M from the Chargers the season before.

He played 339 snaps for the Rams, playing in 15 games and starting four:

Checkout the latest stats for Oday Aboushi. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

He turns 32 on June 5. He has a significant injury history. He seems like he wanted to come back to the Chargers. Would he be dependable enough to rely on?
    No he wouldn't.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Gibbs is not the equal of Bijan.

I'd rather they give Ekeler a bit more and move forward with him.
      Gibbs is a lighter runner than Robinson, we still would not have our inside runner. Bijan is a complete back

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        That’s a top defense NFL defense watch the Georgia TCU game. Yeah rotating players but Jalen Carter is a beast and was the whole defense all season. He was tabbed as the number 1 pick when Will Anderson was supposed to be the number 1 pick a season ago.

im not saying the guy has off the field problems. He’s a stupid kid. But the value of getting a potential number 1 pick at 21. That is huge for this team.

Offense isn’t the problem. Our problem was defense Trevor Lawrence carving us up.

with Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa on the edges Jalen Carter up the middle that would stop teams the run and throwing the ball.

we spent money on DB have Derwin James.

with Herbert leading our offense to be able to get a guy like Jalen Carter to lead our defense we can win Super Bowls.

the incident. The coach driving made a horrible decision drinking getting legally drunk and drag racing.

he was an idiot to drag race with them. Just beyond stupid. Kids are gonna do dumb shit particularly Football players. This seems to be the culture in the south and at Georgia as the other dumb ass tackle who’s out the league was doing that to.

our locker room would have to get in his ass and change him. But players can change. You can get a hall of famer like Warren Sapp fall to you because off the field stuff.

the pro day shit happens I’m not the shorts guy. I liked Justin Jefferson before the draft. I called Jim Rome before the draft and said he should be the first receiver drafted not cause his combine but because I saw him whup everybody’s ass in the season and just catch every ball thrown to him.

some guys put it on tape. That’s what our strength and conditioning coaches are for.

Bijan will not be on the board. With Gibbs there and possibly Carter there if he falls.

id take Carter before I’d take a receiver.
        I don’t blackball a college kid for drinking, nor for racing. Especially if one of his coaches is participating. But i doubt they go that way, they signed 3 FA IDL players. A devouring IDL difference maker is never a bad thing.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Sorry if someone has posted the answer recently.
          With the 4 signings so far (including Stick) minus the $ for the rookie class and in season: About how much is left for additional signings?

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
            Sorry if someone has posted the answer recently.
            With the 4 signings so far (including Stick) minus the $ for the rookie class and in season: About how much is left for additional signings?

Popper wrote today:

Salary cap situation

We are going to project Fox’s cap hit at $5 million. That is a very rough estimate, as we do not even have total contract figures to use as a framework. But I am guessing Fox ended up somewhere in the $7-8 million range over two years, and a $5 million cap hit in year one would work within that kind of AAV.

With a $4 million cap hit for Eric Kendricks and a $5 million projection for Trey Pipkins’ cap hit, that puts that Chargers at $12.396 million in total space. Factoring in the money needed to pay draft picks — $3.05 million — puts the Chargers at $9.346 million in effective space. And factoring in a $4 million in-season budget gives the Chargers $5.346 million in spending space.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Carter's behaviors fall under the "stupid" and/or "cowardly" category
              not necessarily "immoral" or lacking "football character"
              unless there are more damming information, I'm comfortable with him in the cluster.

No way he's there based on his rankings.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It will soon be time for TT to go bargain hunting. I think TT is a better bargain hunter then signing highly paid FA's

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I also now expect Austin Johnson back sooner than previously anticipated.

My personal positions of highest need are currently TE and Slot Corner.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I also expect Austin Johnson back sooner than previously anticipated.
                    What was Johnson injury again? I remember Otis the UCLA rookie DT had the same injury as JC

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Popper wrote today:
                      Well hell, that's not enough to give Ekeler a raise and then sign Tranquil, Van Noy, and Callahan

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

The article on JC also said that he is not happy with how he played before the injury and is driven to come back and play like he did in 2021.

Maybe this will turn out betterr than we first thought after the injury

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Raiders defense is so bad if they take a TE at 7 in a deep TE class, they are stupid. Unless he falls to their second round pick

Jalen Carter.

Comment

Working...
                          X