• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how much better than Michael Bandy is Charlie Jones ??
    You're joking, right?

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

DB is a huge issue. Just re-watch the Denver game (when Callahan was out) or the Jags game (when M.Davis exited).
      JCJ is re-habbing (but hasn't tested the knee by cutting/planting). Patellar injury is historically difficult to return to original.
      Michael Davis is a FA @ the end of 2023.
      In essence, it is very possible that we are down the one CB (ASJ) by the end of 2023. BTW, we play predominantly with 3 CB's.

1.CB
      2. Edge
      3. WR
      4. RB
      5. TE

Edge, WR, RB, and TE are all depth. We already have starters @each and every position. Not so @slot corner.
      It’s a deep draft for CBs, like with WR we can find a slot CB mid rounds, just like other positions.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

It’s a deep draft for CBs, like with WR we can find a slot CB mid rounds, just like other positions.
        Who you got mid-round?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Who you got mid-round?
          I like Darius Rush, knows when to return his head around, kinda like speed as hard to teach.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

DB is a huge issue. Just re-watch the Denver game (when Callahan was out) or the Jags game (when M.Davis exited).
            JCJ is re-habbing (but hasn't tested the knee by cutting/planting). Patellar injury is historically difficult to return to original.
            In essence, it is very possible that we are down the one CB (ASJ) by the end of 2023. BTW, we play predominantly with 3 CB's.

1.CB
            2. Edge
            3. WR
            4. RB
            5. TE

Edge, WR, RB, and TE are all depth. We already have starters @each and every position. Not so @slot corner.
            And it is possible that JCJ successfully recovers, JaSir Taylor takes a step or two forward, and that 4rth round corner really rounds out the rotation.

I absolutely despise Negative Nancies!

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And it is possible that JCJ successfully recovers, JaSir Taylor takes a step or two forward, and that 4rth round corner really rounds out the rotation.

I absolutely despise Negative Nancies!

Well if that's the case... Chris Rumph makes the Pro Bowl, Joshua Kelly rushes for 1,000 yards, Gerald Everett replaces Kelce as the best TE in the AFC West... and TT trades away all of our picks in the 2023 draft for identical 2024 picks... because we have become instantly better at all positions.

How's that for Polly-anna-ism?

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I like Darius Rush, knows when to return his head around, kinda like speed as hard to teach.
                Who's your 1st rounder?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Who's your 1st rounder?
                  I think I'm on DJ Turner in the 2nd. Possible third but I think he is a tweener there so 2nd is where I might take him if I want him.
                  He can play inside and has insane speed.
                  Everytime I watch his tape I just like it.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Who you got mid-round?
                    If its OK, I would like a stab at that...Sydney Brown...though mid round might be a stretch...might have to strike day 2...but another option vs 1st round DB...

Most people think box safety, but he has played almost everywhere effectively, from slot to high safety...and kid has the speed and quicks to be a good slot guy...another versatile DB. Playmaker who is always around the ball...8 interceptions, 7 pass deflections...hits like a truck...good instincts...football playing jesse, lol...think Staley doesnt like HIS tape?

I got a mock where we pick him up in the third, and his brother Chase in the 4th...whimsical stuff, I know...but would be cool as hell, lol

Anyway...just spitballing here...
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

1.CB
                      2. Edge
                      3. WR
                      4. RB
                      5. TE

I know DB is an issue. And yes, Davis and ASJ are both in the last year and who knows about JCJackson - so I get there is a need
                      So is Edge, RB, TE and for me, the biggest need, a playmaker at WR. Still, a playmaker at WR - has been all offseason, the biggest NEED for this team

Just keeps proving my theory they need to trade back and get more players that can help multiple positions.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Agree
                        I agree- I like that trade a lot. Murray + Ekeler make about $8.6; White would be $11m I believe. But they can get that number reduced on a long term deal - if he is the right fit for the defense.

Granted, the Bucs signed Chase Edmonds so not sure they have the need for Ekeler

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Who's your 1st rounder?
                          Bijan lol.

But look at the other’s, very good looking DBs everywhere. Hence, Bijan.

Comment

Working...
                          X