• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I liked how he pulls in throws that no one can defend one handed with his big mitts and plows through DBs. He got me with size, power & speed- and those outfielder snags. I want a Rivers to Gates, Fouts to Winslow connection for Herbert. He's a maybe in that regard- plus OL level blocking.
    He hasn't developed as we hoped. The big problem of course injuries.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He hasn't developed as we hoped. The big problem of course injuries.
      Parham you mean?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Soooo, you didn't read my follow up? I'm not making any predictions at least until I see the team in action on the field. It was a tongue and cheek response for
        getting Washington the 1st round. I'm not up to that.

In fact I wouldn't take any TE in this class in the 1st. Mayer and Kincaid in the 2nd works for me. Washington in the 3rd. Bowers yes, but next year, thus my comments.
        Washington is definitely unproven as a receiver. He may turn out to be the best of the bunch. He certainly has the physical and athletic make up. But we have no way of knowing if he can get separation against NFL defenses and what he'll be like if/when he hears footsteps.

Now some guys would take Washington in the 2nd. I would skip simply because we have Everett and I don't believe Washington will be better than Everett in his first year, plus we have other needs.
        You wont get any of those three with your set limits. i sense thats ok with you.

The answer is 12-5.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Parham you mean?
          Yes

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You wont get any of those three with your set limits. i sense thats ok with you.

The answer is 12-5.
            That's fine with me. I do think there is a good possibility one of the three falls to the 2nd round. Whether we get a shot at #54 is the question.
            If you want to extend it to Musgrave, La Porta we get a TE if we want @54.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

That's fine with me. I do think there is a good possibility one of the three falls to the 2nd round. Whether we get a shot at #54 is the question.
              If you want to extend it to Musgrave, La Porta we get a TE if we want @54.
              One of them could fall to the second but probably not our pick late in the 2nd.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

One of them could fall to the second but probably not our pick late in the 2nd.
                Well if you believe the pundits there are 5 that can go in rounds 1-2. Not sure that has ever happened before. So disagree. If we want
                a TE we can get one @54. It may not be the one you want, but one of the 5 will be there.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Kincaid is a weapon, like ekeler, he’s a guy that doesn’t have a standard description, ekeler’s not really a RB but he’s a WR/RB hybrid/weapon, kincaid is a giant WR/TE…

another weapon type guy that caught my eye at the senior bowl is the kid from Stanford…6’3” 235 pounds (higgins?) reminds me of shannon sharpe…
                  Great take.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Bowers is a beast reminds me of Jeremey Shockey at the U.

Kincaid can do so much because of his route running he’s a better athlete offensive player then Mayer. Kincaid is like George Kittle. He just has a way of finding his spots on the field but can turn up the speed.

Jason Witten was like that.

I look at guys with thier hands. Thier catch radius. When a tight end can run and then stop on a dime that’s special. It doesn’t mean shit but he didn’t play with a great Quarterback at Utah he’s gonna be great with Herbert.

Kincaid looks way better and more polished to me then Kyle Pitts.

Kincaid looks like an overgrown big Cooper Kupp. Once again work ethic gotta see it.

there’s no drop off with Bowers and Kincaid.

Mayer different beast Gronk big tight end finds his seam in the field. Works the middle of the field. Knows how to get those goal line touchdowns. I trust Notre dame when it comes to tight ends.

Carlson Rudolph Kemett they just put tight ends out. Eifert.

I can look at a tight end and see if there special in college. Mark Andrews at Oklahoma you could see it. I never knew why he went Second round. That’s the talent I see in these guys.

you would see it in Tony Gonzalez at Cal and I saw it when he played there. Watched him live at UCLA. He played with a guy Pat Barnes at Cal. Who was a Quarterback.

tight end is a weird position. But you could see it on the tape with Kittle out of Iowa. The funny thing is the 49ers thought he would play with CJ Beathered when they drafted those two.

I keep telling y’all watch out for the Raiders. They trade a perennial pro bowler like Waller?

they are drafting either Kincaid or Maeyer.

look at their suspicious signings. OJ Howard and Hooper those aren’t franchise cornerstones.

Now the comment about Bowers. Marvin Harrison jr. Is easily the best player skill player not named Caleb Williams in College Football that’s a fact. I would take him over Bowers.

he’s his dad and more. That Georgia tape if he doesn’t get that concusion they win and he has a couple more touchdowns. Simple as that. They had no answer for him. The kid is a beast.

Shit we can have some fun with it.

next seasons draft.

1. Caleb Williams QB/USC

2. Drake Maye QB/North Carolina

3.Marvin Harrison jr. WR/Ohio State University

4. Blake Bowers TE/Georgia.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      Bowers is a beast reminds me of Jeremey Shockey at the U.

Kincaid can do so much because of his route running he’s a better athlete offensive player then Mayer. Kincaid is like George Kittle. He just has a way of finding his spots on the field but can turn up the speed.

Jason Witten was like that.

I look at guys with thier hands. Thier catch radius. When a tight end can run and then stop on a dime that’s special. It doesn’t mean shit but he didn’t play with a great Quarterback at Utah he’s gonna be great with Herbert.

Kincaid looks way better and more polished to me then Kyle Pitts.

Kincaid looks like an overgrown big Cooper Kupp. Once again work ethic gotta see it.

there’s no drop off with Bowers and Kincaid.

Mayer different beast Gronk big tight end finds his seam in the field. Works the middle of the field. Knows how to get those goal line touchdowns. I trust Notre dame when it comes to tight ends.

Carlson Rudolph Kemett they just put tight ends out. Eifert.

I can look at a tight end and see if there special in college. Mark Andrews at Oklahoma you could see it. I never knew why he went Second round. That’s the talent I see in these guys.

you would see it in Tony Gonzalez at Cal and I saw it when he played there. Watched him live at UCLA. He played with a guy Pat Barnes at Cal. Who was a Quarterback.

tight end is a weird position. But you could see it on the tape with Kittle out of Iowa. The funny thing is the 49ers thought he would play with CJ Beathered when they drafted those two.

I keep telling y’all watch out for the Raiders. They trade a perennial pro bowler like Waller?

they are drafting either Kincaid or Maeyer.

look at their suspicious signings. OJ Howard and Hooper those aren’t franchise cornerstones.

Now the comment about Bowers. Marvin Harrison jr. Is easily the best player skill player not named Caleb Williams in College Football that’s a fact. I would take him over Bowers.

he’s his dad and more. That Georgia tape if he doesn’t get that concusion they win and he has a couple more touchdowns. Simple as that. They had no answer for him. The kid is a beast.

Shit we can have some fun with it.

next seasons draft.

1. Caleb Williams QB/USC

2. Drake Maye QB/North Carolina

3.Marvin Harrison jr. WR/Ohio State University

4. Blake Bowers TE/Georgia.
                      Just for the record - when I made my Bowers comment - I saw more games with Bowers than Harrison and for sure Caleb Williams. I am not sure I saw one USC. And I saw many Georgia games. I think top 5 is not unrealistic for Bowers with those names. At this point - top 5 prospect in 2024 draft class.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just for the record - when I made my Bowers comment - I saw more games with Bowers than Harrison and for sure Caleb Williams. I am not sure I saw one USC. And I saw many Georgia games. I think top 5 is not unrealistic for Bowers with those names. At this point - top 5 prospect in 2024 draft class.
                        Top 5 for sure.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Well if you believe the pundits there are 5 that can go in rounds 1-2. Not sure that has ever happened before. So disagree. If we want
                          a TE we can get one @54. It may not be the one you want, but one of the 5 will be there.
                          You didnt seem to disagree with me. I think the top 3 are probably gone by 54. You say another two could be there. I agree with that, I don’t see 5 going in 54. But hey, thats why they take cards to the podium

Comment

Working...
                          X