• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

LOL. I just don't think we'll go TE in the 1st. If you look at our roster the starters are set, but there are issues. Safety, CB, RB, DL. LB among them. We also
    need help in the backup department. OL, WR, Edge. I would put TE behind a lot of these areas.

It's also possible we trade down. In that case TE is possible in the 2nd. Unfortunately the Ekeler situation may change things up, although at the moment
    the Chargers are in control some team may come out of the woodwork an offer Ekeler a multiyear deal after the draft. That would really mess things up.
    LOL! Issues? Like we need to improve a few positions?
    TE- need a big quality blocking / receiving starter. I want to take care of Herbert ,run the ball better. (#30?) as well as great hands & radius. Everrett's best thing is RAC. his route running, hands, blocking-meh, McKitty, Parham (tall- inj waiting to happen) don't impress me.
    WR- need for speed in a backup WR/ KR.
    RB - depends on Ekeler
    Edge- need a quality # 3
    DL- need a penetrating 3T, NT depth
    FS- need competition for Woods
    Slot CB- need competition for Hall
    The balance of BPA / PON at 21 when we're on the clock will most likely be TE, Washington or Mayer but a lot of players are possible today.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

LOL. I just don't think we'll go TE in the 1st. If you look at our roster the starters are set, but there are issues. Safety, CB, RB, DL. LB among them. We also
      need help in the backup department. OL, WR, Edge. I would put TE behind a lot of these areas.

It's also possible we trade down. In that case TE is possible in the 2nd. Unfortunately the Ekeler situation may change things up, although at the moment
      the Chargers are in control some team may come out of the woodwork an offer Ekeler a multiyear deal after the draft. That would really mess things up.
      personal preference/opinion is that it's not just about needs, as my lean is about the talent available in the draft.... that's the bigger tilt for me, than team needs.

TE & LB stand out for me early, Bijan would be nice, and NT seems to be slotted within range for a change ??

not as enamored w/CB or WR like others here, ditto for OT & C, as w/the latter, a coupla of my guys returned to school.

edge is another position that doesn't rock my socks off like others here, and not interested whatsoever in one of the off ball coverage LBs.

from what I can tell, Telesco is a very flexible individual, and Staley very aggressive, and.... has a bit of AJ to him, in that it seems he thinks he's a bit smarter than the avg GM, albeit far as eye can tell, his eval/personnel chops are a mixed bag.... dude makes me nervous, and.... young John hasn't shown any real growth as well, @least based on his track record ??

team Tommy John has been doing better of late, and don't agree w/the peoples who say they took the easy picks that just landed in their laps....

they coulda taken Penning instead of Zion, or reached for one of the receivers that were still on the board, and.... they didn't.

Slater was a round two guy 'til Jeremiah raised the flag, and so some peoples were still a little iffy on Rashawn.... easy to say after the fact, but no one was saying that Slater was an All Pro to be.

they were also zeroed in on Asante, as correctly reported by many pundits, and yet, save for some injury concerns, that has been a rock solid pick to date.

and not sure Palmer was the best pick there, but he is def not a bust, and has done admirably for a WR3.

and plenty of us wanted nothing to do with, or were @least raising the cautionary tale on Herbert, as think there was alotta convo 'bout the top four tackles that go 'round, and.... they went w/the best guy.

this year, Kincaid is the guy that got Jeremiah'd, and.... not sure that he is the guy for Stalesco, but there is certainly talent @21.... they haven't had much luck in the twenties to date.... hopefully that changes.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I guess I see a greater need at TE than most others do. If Everett gets hurt we are in trouble if you ask me. Everett is our only dependable player at that position. Parham looks the part but we all know he has issues staying on the field. So, I view it as if we only have one TE. Our new OC likes to use two TE sets. They can help the running game as well as the passing game.

A good TE can be the QB's best friend. It seems like I've noticed that on the Chiefs. Fouts to Winslow could be replaced by Herbert to Kincaid. However, as I've said elsewhere, we can use help at several positions so who knows what to expect in this years draft. It sure would be a good year to find a dance partner so we could pick up a couple more picks in this draft.
        Kincaid is the most polished receiver at TE but I've swung to Washington. Herbert can throw 6 feet over a DB and Darnell can snag it. like an outfielder taking away a HR ball over the wall. Big sticky hands. And the man can block like an OL who runs a 4.60 40. I'm a fan.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Murphy is Bruce Smith’s illegitimate child, the kid moves like smith, he's built like smith, he’s a fucking beast, and like smith he’s a really intelligent guy…I’ll be honest, I might’ve seen one maybe two clemson games in the last two years so I’m not qualified to discuss his entire body of work, others that know if he takes plays off, is oft injured or stuff like that can fill in the blanks but the highlights I’ve seen? I could give a fuck about nolan smiths 40, give me this monster any day of the week and twice on sunday instead…murphy is NFL ready right now, nolan strikes me as a kid that’ll need time to bulk up even more…
          From what very little i've seen, Nolan Smith has zero bend.
          He does do some good work with his hands and can get off blocks.
          but is lack of bend negates a lot of his speed.

Reminds me for some reason of a smaller Bud Dupree.

I definitely prefer Murphy ..... don't want Nolan smith at #21.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

They better add some sauce to this roster because I can’t believe anybody is excited going into 2023 with the aging overpaid key guys like MW, KA, Mack, and Bosa and a disgruntled RB I don’t know what to tell ya

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

TT always drafts BPA at position of need. The issue this year where is the greatest need? Lots of ways this can go and of course it's going to
              depend on who is available when we pick. Not in his DNA is trading down, but you never know. If the talent cluster from 20-64 looks the same
              then trading down is an option, provided a team that will dance.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                They better add some sauce to this roster because I can’t believe anybody is excited going into 2023 with the aging overpaid key guys like MW, KA, Mack, and Bosa and a disgruntled RB I don’t know what to tell ya
                My favorite Chargers roster in a long time. Pay don't bother me. Age not a problem, now. I big time want to see the 2023 team on the field.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My favorite Chargers roster in a long time. Pay don't bother me. Age not a problem, now. I big time want to see the 2023 team on the field.
                  You saw it in 2022

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

You saw it in 2022
                    LOL! Are you pretending that the starters hit the field together last year? Or that the injuries and lack of depth will be the same or worse?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

LOL! Issues? Like we need to improve a few positions?
                      TE- need a big quality blocking / receiving starter. I want to take care of Herbert ,run the ball better. (#30?) as well as great hands & radius. Everrett's best thing is RAC. his route running, hands, blocking-meh, McKitty, Parham (tall- inj waiting to happen) don't impress me.
                      WR- need for speed in a backup WR/ KR.
                      RB - depends on Ekeler
                      Edge- need a quality # 3
                      DL- need a penetrating 3T, NT depth
                      FS- need competition for Woods
                      Slot CB- need competition for Hall
                      The balance of BPA / PON at 21 when we're on the clock will most likely be TE, Washington or Mayer but a lot of players are possible today.
                      Everett is our starter. The need at TE is to get somebody way better at the next level. As rookies none of the three are. We already have a 6'8" TE. Why don't we throw 6' feet over
                      the DBs head so our TE can get it?

We don't need competition for Hall, we need a replacement for him. We don't know if Jackson will be coming back and what football shape he will be in even if he does
                      come back. We currently have 2 bonified CBs starters without Jackson in a passing league we need another. Hall isn't it.

Allen is 30 with a huge contact next year. We need to find a replacement sooner rather than later.

Mack has a huge contact next year, he did great this year but age is catching up. We need a replacement in an area where we are already weak when starters are injured.

We need a FS. Sorry to say Woods isn't it.

We don't have a legit NT. If we're going to run an effective 3/4 we need one.

O line starters are set, but the shelves are nearly empty behind them on several positions including center.

I strongly disagree that TE is a 1st round need. If TE is the BPA then yes. If not then no. There are a variety of ways we can go. Even RB if Ekeler's going to be
                      a problem.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I could see IDL (Bresee) or CB - CB1 and move ASJ to slot? Slot CB? - as our pick at 21. Need is there.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

How come Smokey has two accounts?

Comment

Working...
                          X