• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
    If it was their strategy it sounds like the FUdeans got the depth they were looking for.

everyone happy?
    The glass is half full people will say they are happy with the depth and how much it will help the team. The glass half empty will hate every pick, tell us how incompetent Telesco and the team are and complain about all of them. Normal for TPB.

Since I am always accused of being a Pollyanna it is pretty obvious where my thoughts lay!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If there is anyone who knows what he has left in the tank, it is Moore. If he has something left and was willing to sign a short term, prove it contract for cheap with incentives, I wonder if the team would consider it.
      I mean for the Chargers and the 2023 season - if the Chargers could have moved on from Ek - I would have been happy with Zeke as I think Zeke does something better than Ek - and thats run the ball. A true running back.

I would still be okay with his signing - like you said, cheap with incentives. Not a long term deal. Nothing with voidable nonsense years like the Ravens did with OBJ. But if you play and get the yards, you get paid,. If you don't - you don't

To me - if you are pushing in for 2023 like they are - they really can't stop now.

I think Callahan is out based on what Staley said

I think a guy like JJ3 and Zeke and maybe KVN -- and roll!

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Is Zeke really that burnt? I know Dallas rode him like a rented mule, but he’s only 27.

If there is anyone who knows what he has left in the tank, it is Moore. If he has something left and was willing to sign a short term, prove it contract for cheap with incentives, I wonder if the team would consider it.
        That's a really good question, Elliot is only 27 but he has high mileage. What does he have left? I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a one year contract, similar to Michel last season, and see what he's still got, or doesn't have. Jerry Jones would like to have him back in Dallas on a much reduced salary. We'll see.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Do we know if Zeke and Moore are on good terms?
          For one season, splitting reps with EK, or even sharing the backfield, would be an improvement.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Zeke is the very best at Pass Pro.
                This may be the deciding factor.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

I think they sign 3 more FAs before camp. I’m hoping for Leonard Floyd and John Johnson at this point for 2 out of the 3. Floyd and Tuli should give them the depth they need to keep Bosa and Mack fresh. Then have Rumph as your 5th. Look at Dallas and how deep they are at edge players. Maybe go after Callahan or Troy Hill. All these guys have the experience in the system to be successful. We all know Staley needs that to make his D look at least decent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Is Zeke really that burnt? I know Dallas rode him like a rented mule, but he’s only 27.
                    Gurley was only 26.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                      I think they sign 3 more FAs before camp. I’m hoping for Leonard Floyd and John Johnson at this point for 2 out of the 3. Floyd and Tuli should give them the depth they need to keep Bosa and Mack fresh. Then have Rumph as your 5th. Look at Dallas and how deep they are at edge players. Maybe go after Callahan or Troy Hill. All these guys have the experience in the system to be successful. We all know Staley needs that to make his D look at least decent.
                      Unless they sign for vet minimum. Otherwise not sure we can afford to sign 3.

JJ3 was awful last season so im on the fence with him coming. His efforts were bad so you cant say its just the system.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                        Let's do this!
                        • Aug 2022
                        • Raleigh N. Carolina
                        • Send PM

The glass is half full people will say they are happy with the depth and how much it will help the team. The glass half empty will hate every pick, tell us how incompetent Telesco and the team are and complain about all of them. Normal for TPB.

Since I am always accused of being a Pollyanna it is pretty obvious where my thoughts lay!
                        draft time is great because it helps identify the jerks around here...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Unless they sign for vet minimum. Otherwise not sure we can afford to sign 3.

JJ3 was awful last season so im on the fence with him coming. His efforts were bad so you cant say its just the system.
                          Pretty sure the ankle surgery, lack of practice had him off his game. Still a big IF. TBD.

Comment

Working...
                          X