• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

When it happen on a very big stage a lot of people will conclude it’s a very big deal. I see more like you do - it sucked but that doesn’t mean its eternal destiny. Nothing is eternal in the Not For Long league. I get completely what a lot of people concluded. I’m just not there.

The sun’ll come up …
    I guess it's a matter of perspective; you seem to feel this is a 'one time' issue, whereas I see it as a continuation of a (very) long term issue. Maybe next year is the year it changes?? Maybe . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I guess it's a matter of perspective; you seem to feel this is a 'one time' issue, whereas I see it as a continuation of a (very) long term issue. Maybe next year is the year it changes?? Maybe . . . . .
      We’ve never lost a 27 pt lead in a playoff game before, so yeah it’s one off. I see the entire game now, which I couldn’t in January. both teams were fighting, i agree with Sonora that conservative offensive calls was horrid. He’s gone. Staley went softer too but thats primarily because Vito’s backup couldn’t cover anyone. But we lost by 1, not 27. We’re not a thousand miles away from shore.

Long term doesn’t have much to do with Staley or the current roster. He’s just the guy in the chair today. Spani spawn and TT, yes. Hence I am not a TT fan - he’s been completely average and completely average is not the goal. I’m not a fire after every game guy but 10 years is beyond long enough.

Spani own the shop, nothing we can do there.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

We’ve never lost a 27 pt lead in a playoff game before, so yeah it’s one off. I see the entire game now, which I couldn’t in January. both teams were fighting, i agree with Sonora that conservative offensive calls was horrid. He’s gone. Staley went softer too but thats primarily because Vito’s backup couldn’t cover anyone. But we lost by 1, not 27. We’re not a thousand miles away from shore.

Long term doesn’t have much to do with Staley or the current roster. He’s just the guy in the chair today. Spani spawn and TT, yes. Hence I am not a TT fan - he’s been completely average and completely average is not the goal. I’m not a fire after every game guy but 10 years is beyond long enough.

Spani own the shop, nothing we can do there.

Agreed (unfortunately). Can only hope some day they sell out and we get someone better . . . . . . it would be the luck of this franchise to finally shed the Spanos clan, only to get a Dan Snyder clone (ugh).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
          [/B]

Agreed (unfortunately). Can only hope some day they sell out and we get someone better . . . . . . it would be the luck of this franchise to finally shed the Spanos clan, only to get a Dan Snyder clone (ugh).
          Yeah, of course didn’t we say that before the Spani bought the team and Klein owned them? If only Gene would sell … he sucked even worse as he was an intentional cheap fuck, selling off any good part of the team he could for cash. Spani just aren’t good at what they do, but I believe they really do want to win - its their life after all.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Yeah, of course didn’t we say that before the Spani bought the team and Klein owned them? If only Gene would sell … he sucked even worse as he was an intentional cheap fuck, selling off any good part of the team he could for cash. Spani just aren’t good at what they do, but I believe they really do want to win - its their life after all.
            Crap - you're right.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Do you really think they want to win?

I am not sure that is the correct answer. As if they truly wanted to win - the Spanii offspring would not be in teh building, Dean would be in Vail or Aspnen flipping burgers at his shake shack and letting somebody else run the team and TT would have been fired. I think they are good making money - with the new valuations

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Do you really think they want to win?

I am not sure that is the correct answer. As if they truly wanted to win - the Spanii offspring would not be in teh building, Dean would be in Vail or Aspnen flipping burgers at his shake shack and letting somebody else run the team and TT would have been fired. I think they are good making money - with the new valuations
                I do think they want to win, yes. They also want to be prominent - owners are sometimes like that. Plus it’s obviously an employment program for the offspring as well and owners don’t want to be busboys …

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

That's one of the 2 big hangups with these Spanos guys.They want to employ the whole damn family into football operations and they suck at it,secondly they don't have alotta money outside of owning the team.Time for them to sell finally!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    That's one of the 2 big hangups with these Spanos guys.They want to employ the whole damn family into football operations and they suck at it,secondly they don't have alotta money outside of owning the team.Time for them to sell finally!
                    What they need to do is promote all the Spani spawn again up in to Executive Advisory Committee roles, where all of the decisions are made by the professional staff and the Spani can just nod and agree to their recommendations.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Mack Myth?
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

What they need to do is promote all the Spani spawn again up in to Executive Advisory Committee roles, where all of the decisions are made by the professional staff and the Spani can just nod and agree to their recommendations.
                        I have thought this is what they need to do

hire somebody competent and they can just take all the credit

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have thought this is what they need to do

hire somebody competent and they can just take all the credit
                          Anything to get lil Johnny Nepotism puke out of the damn draft room.

Comment

Working...
                          X