• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

It's a smoking gun if I've ever seen one.

I think.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
      Wait. What are we arguing about again?
      You name it.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Nothing of consequence . . . . . .

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t care what the team did the year before. Did that 2-14 team the year before cause him to blow a 28 pt lead in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game. fuck, thats some bad luck there, past ghosts submarining his team more than 30 minutes into the game that was a complete lock.

He was 9-7 and 11-5, Staley was 9-8 and 10-7. Yes, Reids rate was slightly better, but then again he regressed his second year, not improve. As to the WC game - I just assume he blew a game that was a complete lock since He was up by more points with less time remaining that Staley was.

I don’t think Staley is Reid today - Reid has coached 24yrs. I think Reid the God perspectives is over-stated. He’s lost plenty of big games, perhaps more than any coach in NFL history.
          Yes, because they were not good.

The team that he inherited had to built. The Chargers went all in with a bunch of pro-bowlers and blew a 27 point lead to a team we were better
          than on paper. Reid lost that PO game to a rocket armed QB. We have a rocket armed QB and lost. See the difference?

And what happened after the 9-7 season?

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            It's a smoking gun if I've ever seen one.

I think.
            Is this in reference to one of my posts?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I can't help with this one...
              I left the thread about 4 pages back... when the train left the tracks.

Something about having proof of something that hasn't happened yet in the future...? Based on perceptions of the past...? Regarding un-related characters in the present...?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bro, you could go back to the post you replied to and see that it wasn’t in response to one of your posts. I don’t think it’s that complicated, is it?
                Bro - My screenshot shows what post of mine you replied to. My reply is on target, you’re floating out in space. And what happened to your acceptance of my confusion, where’d that go? You don’t seem accepting anymore, I’m gonna try to not be further crushed by your continual lack of appreciation of things about me.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Not getting into this again because it's all been said before, but . . . . . weak schedule in 22, and 2 games against backup QB's and an absolute debacle of a playoff game. I hope he's gained experience . . . . . he's made enough mistakes already
                  I guess the question is: What makes those believe that Year Three is somehow going to be different for Staley? I'm not talking about hiring new coordinators; that *had* to be done (the OC and DC, at least). But what did Staley show in Year Two that leads anyone to believe that he learned anything from Year One? It seems the expectation here is that there's something about his third year where the light bulb is going to come on and he's going to be a great HC. I think what's missing, for me, is that the progression from his first year to his second year was basically non-existent. Which gives me no confidence that his third year is going to be any different in a meaningful way.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Yes, because they were not good.

The team that he inherited had to built. The Chargers went all in with a bunch of pro-bowlers and blew a 27 point lead to a team we were better
                    than on paper. Reid lost that PO game to a rocket armed QB. We have a rocket armed QB and lost. See the difference?

And what happened after the 9-7 season?
                    Sigh - Excuses are lame. 28 is more than 27. 3rd quarter is later than 2nd quarter. 11-5 is better than 10-7, your claim his team was not good and ours was great is not based on anything. He had a better team based on the only data that exists. Staley did not have the team of FA’s and start players that were on or signed before the season started.

We also lost WC game to a rocket armed QB, your last “comparison” is incomplete. Not sure if you’re unaware of JAX QB or intentionally skewed in your presentation.

your analysis is simply what you want it to be, its not analysis at all - its feelings.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Not getting into this again because it's all been said before, but . . . . . weak schedule in 22, and 2 games against backup QB's and an absolute debacle of a playoff game. I hope he's gained experience . . . . . he's made enough mistakes already
                      Rome wasn’t built in a day. Try to hang in there and not quit on us! 2022 was better than 2021, there really is not reason to thin 2023 cannot be better still as 2022 team really was by all objective measures, overly impacted by injuries in a way that is not typical or normal. you talk about 2 backup QBs, our QB played most of the season with cracked rib cartilage. Hello?

Reid made horrible mistakes early in his career and is now lauded in TPB as the greatest genius of our era. He got better. Of course, we don’t want to wait the 20 years it took Reid to win a SB and become the complete genius, but still .. Rome … Day … yeah, building shit and all that

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Is this in reference to one of my posts?
                        Bro.
                        No way bro.
                        Carry on.
                        Ok.
                        Yes it was.
                        Four pages ago.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                          Let's do this!
                          • Aug 2022
                          • Raleigh N. Carolina
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I can't help with this one...
                          I left the thread about 4 pages back... when the train left the tracks.

Something about having proof of something that hasn't happened yet in the future...? Based on perceptions of the past...? Regarding un-related characters in the present...?
                          Oh of course!

Comment

Working...
                          X