• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Kincaid would be a dream at the Chargers' Round 2 pick.
    I doubt he’s there at our current R2 pick. He’s the guy if we want our modern Winslow type to compete with the Kelce’s out there.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think there's only one Travis Kelce.
      I think Hunter Henry is a good comp for Kincaid.
      Kincaid is faster and more explosive than Henry as a receiver. I think he’s closer to Kelce than Henry and the guy that would be a legit difference over Everett. Washington would be a 3rd OT who can run and catch passes. Mayer isn’t Kincaid running pass routes and he isn’t Washington on the line blocking.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Kincaid is faster and more explosive than Henry as a receiver. I think he’s closer to Kelce than Henry and the guy that would be a legit difference over Everett. Washington would be a 3rd OT who can run and catch passes. Mayer isn’t Kincaid running pass routes and he isn’t Washington on the line blocking.
        Musgrave doesn't look too shabby either if we can snag him in the third. No?
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Musgrave doesn't look too shabby either if we can snag him in the third. No?
          He’s a solid 3rd rd pick for sure imo.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

You know who Washington is??????? Ben Coates.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Washington in round 2 would be nice...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

NOT sure I would quote Rick Spielman on WR knowledge. He drafted Troy Who? Williamson
                In spite of the infamous 2005 drafting of Williamson, I have no problem with Rick Spielman's current football acumen. He is actually very good.

I am looking forward to your second post on TPB.
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

In spite of the infamous 2005 drafting of Williamson, I have no problem with Rick Spielman's current football acumen. He is actually very good.

I am looking forward to your second post on TPB.
                  Lol...defrosted...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Washington famously schooled that sled at the combine...but Mayer hurt it also...ton more catches/production/polish...the best "football player" of the 3, without Kincaids ceiling, or Washingtons physical tools....but certainly safest pick...just something to think about. I like all three.

If they are set on keeping Everett regardless, I would take Washington. If they are considering a cut down the road, I would take Kincaid as a receiving option. Mayer...probably works in either scenario.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Sure, some guys learn how to bump their forty with fast starts, but the truth is most plays are already over by the time someone that takes time to develop speed hits their top gear…the forty is still relevant because it measures explosiveness, guys that have fast ten yard splits will have already blown past the second 20 yard guys and made a large chunk gain before the second 20 yard speedster can run them down…assuming the second 20 yard guy has the space to close the distance before he quicker guy can score…
                      "Flying 20" is an additional metric. It provides newish enlightenment as to what makes for effective athleticism in the NFL.

Dane Brugler and Math Bomb of RAS fame point out that "Flying 20" and Zebra technology are becoming en vogue across the league.

As a general note, I am a bit confused about how my bringing this up around here is so contentious.

This board is frankly mentally lazy, repeatedly parroting what mock generating machines spit out.

Where's the analysis ? Where's the personal takes ? We know where the forty times are...in the brain.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

"Flying 20" is an additional metric. It provides newish enlightenment as to what makes for effective athleticism in the NFL.

Dane Brugler and Math Bomb of RAS fame point out that "Flying 20" and Zebra technology are becoming en vogue across the league.

As a general note, I am a bit confused about how my bringing this up around here is so contentious.

This board is frankly mentally lazy, repeatedly parroting what mock generating machines spit out.

Where's the analysis ? Where's the personal takes ? We know where the forty times are...in the brain.
                        Lol...easy with the broad brush there, Wu...plenty of us appreciate the varied perspectives...don't despair...and keep em coming.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol...easy with the broad brush there, Wu...plenty of us appreciate the varied perspectives...don't despair...and keep em coming.
                          I didnt say anything about his takes or his flying 20 insights either. I tend to agree as often or more than i disagree with the wood.

he must be talking about the rest of the close-minded lemming-like galoots here, we’re good

Comment

Working...
                          X