• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Now with Frank Clark headed to Denver, I really hope they bring in some veteran depth at Edge. Clark signed for cheap at $5.5. Bosa, Mack, Tuli and Rumph are a thin group considering Bosa’s injuries and Mack’s age. I’m really hoping for a Yannick, Clowney or even a Justin Houston or Carlos Dunlap signing to keep these guys fresh. I think any of these guys will cost that or even a little less. I’m not betting on Farmer to make the team and be impactful right away.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

OK, instead of Derwin (whom is pretty much the best Safety the Chargers have ever had)

Let's talk about the O-Line

At first, I didn't get switching Salyer and Johnson. It seemed like a switch one over on the left side for Salyer would be ideal, since he was covered by a tight end so much in GA as a left tackle.
      Later, I started thinking that the three most mobile linemen are now on one side now (Slater-Johnson-Linsely). Is that a good thing? Probably

Chime in

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Chargers OTA is a demonstration of commitment, Chiefs OTA is not? well thats not very consistent of you.

I think that is one scenario that I would give a pass.
        Get it?

If you EARN IT that's a whole different scenario.....

Now for a little contrast. A team that blew a 27-0 lead in the playoffs for example.... That team should be all in, more hungry than ever KA & MW's windows are are very small. Meaning OTA's is a no brainer. If the "franchise" is at OTA's then you freakin better be as well. That's the way I look at things. Especially WR and RB!

I guess i could be delusional assuming that. *shrug*

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
          OK, instead of Derwin (whom is pretty much the best Safety the Chargers have ever had)

Let's talk about the O-Line

At first, I didn't get switching Salyer and Johnson. It seemed like a switch one over on the left side for Salyer would be ideal, since he was covered by a tight end so much in GA as a left tackle.
          Later, I started thinking that the three most mobile linemen are now on one side now (Slater-Johnson-Linsely). Is that a good thing? Probably

Chime in
          Zion played LG in college. Maybe he feels more comfortable on the left side.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Get it?

Now for a little contrast. A team that blew a 27-0 lead in the playoffs for example.... That team should be all in, more hungry than ever KA & MW's windows are are very small. Meaning OTA's is a no brainer. If the "franchise" is at OTA's then you freakin better be as well. That's the way I look at things. Especially WR and RB!

You know, the players union fought to have non mandatory workouts.

In 2021 the players union urged everyone to skip OTAs, as the NFL is the only sport with overly competitive drills in the off-season,

Brady was a voice for them and said "you don't see pitchers throwing 95 mph in the off-season in Dec.
            Brady skipped OTAs his last few years in NE.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Rivers went to them all iirc. Herbert also loves football so I guess it depends on the person.

But the union fought for the players to have less mandatory OTAs because that's what they wanted....and that's where they are at.

For the most part they work out all year long.
            TC used to be the time the players got in shape. So being from that era, it doesn't bother me if they miss voluntary OTAs.

Really I don't even care about any of the OTAs.

For me it starts in TC, and I hope for no injuries getting thru preseason.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You know, the players union fought to have non mandatory workouts.

In 2021 the players union urged everyone to skip OTAs. As the NFL is the only sport with overly competitive drills in the off-season, Brady was a voice form them.amd said "you don't see pitchers throwing 95 mph in the off-season in Dec.
              Brady skipped OTAs his last few years in NE.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Rivers went to them.all iirc. Herbert also loves football so I guess it depends on the person.

But the union fought for the players to have less mandatory OTAs....and that's where they are at. For the most part they work out all year long.
              TC used to be the time the players got in shape. So being from that era, it doesn't bothere if theyiss voluntary OTAs.

Really I don't even care about any of the OTAs.

For me it starts in TC, and I hope for no injuries getting thru preseason.
              And that's the reason for so many injuries now days. The body isn't prepared for full contact when it comes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

And that's the reason for so many injuries now days. The body isn't prepared for full contact when it comes.
                Not buying that. They work out year round and OTAs isn't full contact. There's no contact, in shorts....like at the combine.. Maybe year round workouts is why they get injuries?
                Snapping an achilles isn't from contact. Torn ACLs happen from no contact.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Get it?

No, i really don’t. 2023 is a new year, they haven’t earned anything this year. I don’t see Chiefs not attending to be more excusable than Chargers not attending. I see them to be exactly the same. Mahomes is their franchise, yet Kelce wasn’t there.

I’m not excusing any particular Charger non-attendee, I’m simply presenting the hypothesis that less than 100% attendance is the norm everywhere in the league and this is yet another to-do about nothing. Just my theory, carry on … exclamation points are very effective, keep using them!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not buying that. They work out year round and OTAs isn't full contact. There's no contact, in shorts....like at the combine.. Maybe year round workouts is why they get injuries?
                    Snapping an achilles isn't from contact. Torn ACLs happen from no contact.
                    OTAs isn’t any contact, are they? Don’t more torn ACLs happen from contact, specifically if hit in the wrong way / impacted in the wrong direction relative to the ligament, though?

I have wondered if the non-hitting rules that NFLPA negotiated into contracts that restricts OTAs and TC leads to more injuries vs less, which was their goal. I don’t really know - and have never done any statistical comparison of back when they did hit hard all the time and now where they are barely even allowed to wear pads one day a week or so.

Players today are stronger, faster, that could be more the cause of injuries. I just don’t know.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

OTAs isn’t any contact, are they? Don’t more torn ACLs happen from contact, specifically if hit in the wrong way / impacted in the wrong direction relative to the ligament, though?

I have wondered if the non-hitting rules that NFLPA negotiated into contracts that restricts OTAs and TC leads to more injuries vs less, which was their goal. I don’t really know - and have never done any statistical comparison of back when they did hit hard all the time and now where they are barely even allowed to wear pads one day a week or so.

Players today are stronger, faster, that could be more the cause of injuries. I just don’t know.
                      No contact in OTAs. No tackling.

ACLs get torn from both contact and non contact. Seen many tear their ACL without getting hit.

Jamison Williams didn't get hit, OBJ didn't get hit in the SB, RB Curt Warner didn't get hit, Sterling Sheppard was jogging on the field back to the huddle and tore his last year.
                      Warner, OBJ and Sheppards happened on artificial turf.
                      Denario Alexander tore his in TC landing after jumping for a pass...on grass. Many examples. Hec we seen a couple guys tear theirs at the combine doing drills.

And of course we have seen many players get hit on the knee as well and get a torn ACL.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Danario Alexander could have torn an ACL sneezing.

Keenan Allen tore an ACL making a cut on a route, no contact.

The non-contact tear is generally cleaner, and has less associated collateral damage, so the healing process is less complicated.

When a player gets hit in a way that rips various surrounding knee structures? *That* is when healing is most complicated and least predictable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

It's PFF and I don't like them but many here think they are king so here ya go. They have Derwin #1.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-safety-...023-nfl-season

Comment

Working...
                          X