• Show
Clear All
  • SK21209
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2020
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Somewhere....anywhere is fine with me. Net a couple of picks for him and be done with what I see is an over rated football player with no ability to play a full season.
    Joey played 5 games this year, 16 games last year, 12 games in 2020 and 16 games in 2019. So he's played a "full season" 2/4 years and three quarters of a season 3/4 years. Which elite pass rushers play a "full season" every year? Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, these guys all miss games.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

On Bosa, I'm of the opinion that this seasons ending was the beginning of the end for him however I'm not in favor of making a huge hole in the roster that needs to be filled pronto. A top 15 draft pick likely would not provide in year what what a health Bosa would next year let alone the 21st pick. A free agent pass rusher that can replace that production would cost as much and likely be past his prime and we would still be on the hook for prorated signing bonus deferred. I would be in favor of bring in pass rushers in the draft and free agency but with the proviso they will need be developed and moving on from Bose yes but strategically planned out with consideration for cap and replacement. As it is with Mac's age and Bosa's injury history we already need a pass rusher better than Van Noy and Rumph.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Somewhere....anywhere is fine with me. Net a couple of picks for him and be done with what I see is an over rated football player with no ability to play a full season.
        Not saying he will be traded - but I think it will be discussed. The Patriots traded Richard Seymour at a time when people thought they were probably crazy to do so.

Its probably a very long shot - -but why not explore it

Comment

• nomad1946
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2017
          • West Yellowstone, Montana
          • Retired
          • Send PM

At this point we are not looking at the 53 roster spots, but training camp sized roster. Bring in a lot of players and see what works out.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Joey played 5 games this year, 16 games last year, 12 games in 2020 and 16 games in 2019. So he's played a "full season" 2/4 years and three quarters of a season 3/4 years. Which elite pass rushers play a "full season" every year? Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, these guys all miss games.
            You stopped at 2019. If you are going to talk full seasons in his career then he is 3 of 7. I dunno, people love him but after watching his tantrum ON the field, costing us yards, etc. I am just done with the guy. You don't see Mack act that way.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Why do the Chargers insist on resigning Larry Rountree??

Sorry to sound harsh but the guy is a useless plug

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

You stopped at 2019. If you are going to talk full seasons in his career then he is 3 of 7. I dunno, people love him but after watching his tantrum ON the field, costing us yards, etc. I am just done with the guy. You don't see Mack act that way.
                Frustration and playing thru pain. He does owe Staley a public apology for his bad behavior though.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

If somebody says OG in the first, I'm gonna puke.

Speed receiver, Speed receiver, Speed receiver. They're there.

And maybe another one late.

Build this team around Herbert.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Finish building the O-line, that requires cutting fieler, retaining pipkins, and drafting a swing tackle in the first 3 rounds…then draft a back up interior player that can play both center and guard…they need to stop wasting roster spots on guys like jaimes and norton

A receiving TE that can open things up in the middle…

Improve the speed in the WR group via the draft…guyton will be back in 2023 but that’s his final year before he becomes an unrestricted free agent…

Can’t see rumph as edge 3 going forward even if he improves I’d like to see them draft another guy, rumph can’t tackle for shit, his strength has not been NFL caliber…

Extend michael davis past 2023, extend austin ekeler past 2023, neither move breaks the bank but both moves create cap space…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                      Finish building the O-line, that requires cutting fieler, retaining pipkins, and drafting a swing tackle in the first 3 rounds…then draft a back up interior player that can play both center and guard…they need to stop wasting roster spots on guys like jaimes and norton

A receiving TE that can open things up in the middle…

Improve the speed in the WR group via the draft…guyton will be back in 2023 but that’s his final year before he becomes an unrestricted free agent…

Can’t see rumph as edge 3 going forward even if he improves I’d like to see them draft another guy, rumph can’t tackle for shit, his strength has not been NFL caliber…

Extend michael davis past 2023, extend austin ekeler past 2023, neither move breaks the bank but both moves create cap space…
                      I am not done with Feiler yet -- because the chargers depth at OL has been so bad. I mean, do we really want to see Sarell or Norton again. That said, I think a pay cut down to like $2m (even a UDFA makes $750k - so thats not much more ) - and have him be your backup. If not, he is free to find a new job. And the thing is - if Feiler doesn't make the team, release him, no harm done

But I totally agree about drafting a better option at backup Center. Jaimes needs to earn his damn job.

And speed at the WR position. No more Bandys of the world as UDFA for your Practice Squad. Small slow possession receivers.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not done with Feiler yet -- because the chargers depth at OL has been so bad. I mean, do we really want to see Sarell or Norton again. That said, I think a pay cut down to like $2m (even a UDFA makes $750k - so thats not much more ) - and have him be your backup. If not, he is free to find a new job. And the thing is - if Feiler doesn't make the team, release him, no harm done

But I totally agree about drafting a better option at backup Center. Jaimes needs to earn his damn job.
                        Jaimes isn’t earning shit…don’t make the mistake of thinking jaimes can become the next trey pipkins, with pipkins we saw the agility combined with the size, but he was really raw technique wise, BUT we saw the tools that where there waiting to be unlocked…that’s not jaimes…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Frustration and playing thru pain. He does owe Staley a public apology for his bad behavior though.
                          EVERYbody in the Not For Long plays with frustration and especially thru pain. Just look at Herbert in 2022 if you want to know about playing thru pain. His public press pop offs have guaranteed that he will get no close calls and the team he plays for will suffer. I just don't buy it as rationale for that behavior. I have seen 3 year olds at the market throw less of a tantrum than this guy did. Let him be somebody else's liability in 2023.

Comment

Working...
                          X