• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I agree that they should look into trading him post June 1st but I doubt they will. First, they need to clear cap but it needs to be done before mid March and the FO seems too conservative to let a player like Bosa go in a trade this off-season. I think he's overpaid and it's rare to see a player have a meltdown and cost his team as bad as he did in the playoffs but I don't think he gets moved this off-season.

I think there's more of a chance KA gets moved than Bosa.
    The tricky part is the Chargers - unless they move a lot of money around for other players: Linsley, Davis, Ekeler - -they are kind of stuck with Bosa if they restructure.

I think long term - if they keep Bosa, do not touch his contract. Find the money from other players. Allen - thats a foregone conclusion

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think we keep both Bosa and Allen and hope to get a healthy year out of both. Cap hit for KA at least, seems more reasonable next year.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The tricky part is the Chargers - unless they move a lot of money around for other players: Linsley, Davis, Ekeler - -they are kind of stuck with Bosa if they restructure.

I think long term - if they keep Bosa, do not touch his contract. Find the money from other players. Allen - thats a foregone conclusion
        Do you think the team feels they are "stuck" with Bosa? Seems to me the team values Bosa and Allen a lot more than fans do. I guess both are back and Allen restructures.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Do you think the team feels they are "stuck" with Bosa? Seems to me the team values Bosa and Allen a lot more than fans do. I guess both are back and Allen restructures.
          Just looking at his contract - if you push a bunch of dollars - -it makes it harder to release. Plus, he has a $7m guarantee that comes do the third day of the new league year in 2024.

So hypothetically - say the Chargers take save $16m of Bosa's salary and push it forward by four years - so $4m, that pushes his cap number up to $33m next , So if you release him, you will acually have $7m of dead plus the $16m you rolled forward. - thats $23m -- - I guess that $10m would be cap savings. So explore his value league wide

Maybe the word "Stuck" was the wrong word - but its more long term cap strategy

As for Allen - I am sorry, I just don't see a guy 1) worth 19m of salary 2) worth kicking $15m of cap for based on his skillset. If he wants to take a pay cut to -thats fine

This is not just looking at 2023 as the end all be all - this is preparing for the next 5 years. Allen will be gone in a year too and it would be really stupid to push $15m of dead cap only to release him next year

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Kielce is a HOFer by the time he finish he can be top 3 all time conversation.
            Still I would not swap the receivong corps with KC as Reid is offensive mastermind and maximizing his players abilities.

There is handful of recivers in the league making such impact and no other TE.

Hill, AJ Brown, Jefferson, Chase, Kielce - this is a list of difference makers in receiving corps in all of NFL quite short.
            All of them are also playing for OC that are using them in right way.
            I find it funny to accuse our receiving team for lack of talent, we are very talented here, we were not healthy last year and in the end short at position.

KA, MW, JP, + DAY 1 OR DAY 2 PICK
            GE, DP - at TE

That is easily top 10 receiving corp on paper up to OC to create production.
            I didn't accuse our team of having a lack of talent. You stated that our receivers are better than KC's. I disagreed and showed you why.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! You moved the goal post!
              Do I get to throw in Ekeler... since he led the Chargers in receptions?

Using this reasoning... Since Herbert out-threw Burrows, that makes KA, MW, and Palmer better than Chase, Higgins, and Boyd... better than Tyreek and Waddle.
              Damn! We need to get slower @WR using that reasoning...
              C'mon man... stayed focused.
              We got weapons.
              The passes to Ekeler were by and far check downs. We used them in lieu of no running game. And that's how Herbert got so many yards. Look at
              ypc and Burrow was way better than Herbert. In other words Herbert did not out throw Burrow.

The argument was about KC versus us. KC's receivers are younger and faster + they got Kelce. That makes them better. We are better in name
              only. Our receiving core is in the top third of the league. But we are lacking a big time difference maker. KC, Cincy, Miami have that. Buffalo may.
              We don't. .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I didn't accuse our team of having a lack of talent. You stated that our receivers are better than KC's. I disagreed and showed you why.
                I still think our recievers are better than theirs. Really not close imo regardless on your reasons.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I still think our recievers are better than theirs. Really not close imo regardless on your reasons.
                  How did Mahomes lead the league in passing?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

How did Mahomes lead the league in passing?
                    Better offensive scheme and play calling, QB who did not have broken ribs, QB who did not have a torn labrum, WR corp not wiped out by injury, oline not wiped out by injury, maybe the GOAT of TEs. Did I miss anything?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Better offensive scheme and play calling, QB who did not have broken ribs, QB who did not have a torn labrum, WR corp not wiped out by injury, oline not wiped out by injury, maybe the GOAT of TEs. Did I miss anything?
                      Yeah, their receivers. Kelce and Juju combined for about 2200 yards. Where did the other 3000 yards come from? Answer: the remaining receivers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Yeah, their receivers. Kelce and Juju combined for about 2200 yards. Where did the other 3000 yards come from? Answer: the remaining receivers.
                        I get the coaching is better in KC. Big Andy is as good as it get. Play design, the way he used Pacheco and the other RB -McKinnon maybe

Kelce is a difference maker at TE

But JJS and MVS - they have a bit more speed than the top 3 of the Chargers. And they went out and go Toney on the cheap. Even signed Ross. So, if Andy Reid thinks speed is important - might want to follow his lead.

Comment

• rensoul
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Parham is a darkhorse. Steadily improved his catch percentage. 50% to 74% to 83% for 67% career average. Arguably our best Redzone target outside of Eckler if healthy.

But yeah...injuries.
                          I think Parham should be brought back. The upside is there and shouldn't be too expensive. The injury risk is significant but he has been serviceable as a blocker and he has natural talent in the pass game that is hard to find at TE with the size mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                          X