• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It was probably a mistake to cut him. No !

Should we get Chaincrusher’s opinion?
    Noooooo !

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Like the term, hate the term but there is no denying this franchise has had more confounding, head scratching loses than any fan base should have to endure.

The Holy Roller unfolded right in front of me when I was 11 years old.

I've seen enough improbable things happen (most of them in person) that when I hear "Chargering" I totally get it.

The Jags loss was the most recent in a series of blunders and disasters decades in the making...

Yet here we are...

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pretty horrible, but in what level of hell do you place the American bastards that placed armaments aboard the Lusitania, amidst the women and children, in the first place?
        It was actually the British bastards, who were shipping .303 rounds manufactured in the US. There also may have been shrapnel shells and fuses on board. The Germans actually published a warning the the NY newspapers that the Lusitania was subject to attack when it passed through the war zone around Great Britain.

My grandfather, born and raised in Brooklyn, crossed the Atlantic in the wake of the Lusitania sinking, and enlisted in the British army in June 1915, almost two full years before the U.S. joined the war, because he wanted to get into the fight against Germany. He never fought the Germans though, he was shipped to Gallipoli to fight the Ottomans.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Post of the day ?
          Gets my vote . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• colorado
            Fan since '62
            • Jun 2023
            • Desert Rat
            • Nothing but time on my hands
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
            Like the term, hate the term but there is no denying this franchise has had more confounding, head scratching loses than any fan base should have to endure.

The Holy Roller unfolded right in front of me when I was 11 years old.

I've seen enough improbable things happen (most of them in person) that when I hear "Chargering" I totally get it.

The Jags loss was the most recent in a series of blunders and disasters decades in the making...

Yet here we are...
            I believe it was 1971 and I couldn't believe what I witnessed, I saw on the Sunday NBC game of the week the raiders scored 21 points in less than a minute against the Chargers to pull out the win.

Three consecutive kick offs by the raiders and each one was fumbled within the 20 yard line.. I couldn't believe my eyes, I was pissed off. Three fumbles in a row. I forget where the game was played,, maybe Alameda. Some of you older bolt fans might remember that one.

As you say "yet here we are"
            Last edited by colorado; 08-08-2023, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Pads are literally killing me
              So bad.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

I believe it was 1971 and I couldn't believe what I witnessed, I saw on the Sunday NBC game of the week the raiders scored 21 points in less than a minute against the Chargers to pull out the win.

Three consecutive kick offs by the raiders and each one was fumbled within the 20 yard line.. I couldn't believe my eyes, I was pissed off. Three fumbles in a row. I forget where the game was played,, maybe Alameda. Some of you older bolt fans might remember that one.

As you say "yet here we are"
                Just going off (deeply burned) memory, the Holy Roller game was in '78. It was DEFINITELY at Jack Murphy Stadium.

I *still* remember how bitter that defeat tasted.

Yet, here I am.

BTW-- I attended my first Charger game at Balboa Stadium on Thanksgiving Day, 1965. Pete Gogolak of the Buffalo Bills hit a last second FG that ended the game in a 20-20 tie.

Comment

• YAC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Ranked third in baseball in runs against.

How are they doing it ?

-Padres play in a run suppressive park. Hitters are penalized. Pitchers get benefit. SD's numerous fine hitters inevitably post numbers lower than their talent level. Reverse for the pitchers. (Why run suppressive? Cool damp air)

-SD has been incredibly unfortunate in one-run games. They are 6-18 in such games, which is nearly inconceivable. Analytics folks say a lot of that ultimately comes down to luck. If Padres had merely played .500 in one run games, they'd be 61-53, in the heart of wild card contention, and with a chance to catch L.A.

Comment

• YAC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Must be a San Diego thing. No championships in any major sport.
                    Small market, less money to spend...And all pro leagues show favoritism to teams with large fan bases.

I don't watch ESPN (at all), but sometimes in the car listen to ESPN radio. They had a segment on LAC tonight where they proceeded to trash the Chargers for literally 100% of the segment. Money and other agendas drive everything ESPN does...and it's true with sports in general.

It was hysterical to hear them describe Moore as one of the past-happiest coaches in history, when in fact the Dallas offense in his tenure ran more than most. Everything about ESPN at this point really is a joke. Utter buffoonery.

I asked myself: do I enjoy this radio content? No. Do I ever get any insights? No. I'm going to get some good sports podcasts loaded up for the car tomorrow.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Here's an example of why we shouldn't take reports coming out of training camp too seriously.

Two summers ago Tyron Johnson was lighting it up in TC. All signs pointed to him taking a massive leap forward as a WR. There's a vid in this story of T Billy catching a missile in the end zone from Herbert.

Then suddenly he was cut. Lesson learned.

Don't get too excited by what you see or hear out of TC. I'm not saying that good things in TC don't translate into the season - they often do. But they often don't. And there always seems to be one player who is overlooked in TC, you hear nothing about him. Then suddenly he's lighting it up when the season starts.

Reports out of TC are often over-hyped, they reflect what the person making the report wants to see more than reality.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...tyron-johnson/
                      To be fair, I dont think Tbilly was cut because of his talent or performance...pretty sure it was about character and attitude...there was room for him or Guyton...I just think they liked Guyton better as a Charger. I think the article was a fair assessment, but sure....we dont know exactly how the coaches feel about certain players...we can only speculate about what we actually see...and I dont see any harm in getting a little excited about players who are really balling in camp...what's the alternative? Go back to the boring or inane conversations that plagued this board thru the summer? I would rather discuss and speculate on potential gems emerging from camp, than cast about for a dead horse to beat...
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

To be fair, I dont think Tbilly was cut because of his talent or performance...pretty sure it was about character and attitude...there was room for him or Guyton...I just think they liked Guyton better as a Charger. I think the article was a fair assessment, but sure....we dont know exactly how the coaches feel about certain players...we can only speculate about what we actually see...and I dont see any harm in getting a little excited about players who are really balling in camp...what's the alternative? Go back to the boring or inane conversations that plagued this board thru the summer? I would rather discuss and speculate on potential gems emerging from camp, than cast about for a dead horse to beat...
                        I agree. I like to get a little excited about camp stories and imagine the positive. But I’m not under a false illusion that every good camp story guarantees a superstar, I too know that many don’t pan out in the regular season - this ain’t my first rodeo either. There is no need for constant negative posters to immediately and reflexively discount any good moments players have in camp and just keep reposting over and over “this don’t mean anything until its x, y, z”.

I go back to the obvious question - if someone thinks that nothing in camp means anything, why do they read about camp at all? Why can’t they let us enjoy tiny moments of joy without pissing on the campfire every time? its not like they KNOW something relevant.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

There is a reason he has been cut so many times by so many teams. You'd think he would learn from it happening so many times to work harder or keep the attitude in check or whatever it is he is or isn't doing. Some people just waste their opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                          X