• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You are correct. Saying it doesn't make it true. Witnessing it does.
    Studies have shown that mistaken eyewitness testimony accounts for about half of all wrongful convictions. Researchers at Ohio State University examined hundreds of wrongful convictions and determined that roughly 52 percent of the errors resulted from eyewitness mistakes.
    The Game Day Threads... LOL! People see what they want to see. Lets just say... I'm unimpressed.​

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Personally, the curse repulses me.
      Curses are for the soft-minded.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And the Bengals... and the Eagles... and the 49ers... and the Dolphins... and the Cowboys...
        Do you even remember the number of teams ahead of us for the last playoff spot around Week 13 or 14...?

That was a lot of "Chargering"... only it wasn't the Chargers. It was the Pats... the Jets... the Titans.
        None of those teams have raised snatching defeat from the jaws of victory to an art form like the Chargers.

Again, you're including teams that have been dynasties. They've gotten over the hump multiple times. You might be missing the full scope

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

The Game Day Threads... LOL! People see what they want to see. Lets just say... I'm unimpressed.​
          Its all available on youtube. Don't have to rely on unreliable eyewitness testimony.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Personally, the curse repulses me.
            #metoo

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Its all available on youtube. Don't have to rely on unreliable eyewitness testimony.
              Oh... on Youtube. Well now I'm impressed!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

None of those teams have raised snatching defeat from the jaws of victory to an art form like the Chargers.

Again, you're including teams that have been dynasties. They've gotten over the hump multiple times. You might be missing the full scope
                And how did those past dynasties work out for them this last year...?
                I guess Eli Manning was better than Tom Brady...?
                Earnest Byner called... he wants his ball back...
                "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, ...

Football is a difficult game... sometimes the best teams don't always win.
                It has nothing to do with curses... or getting over the hump...
                Any Given Sunday... that's what I believe in.
                You guys should get together and have a pre-season seance.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

And how did those past dynasties work out for them this last year...?
                  I guess Eli Manning was better than Tom Brady...?
                  Earnest Byner called... he wants his ball back...
                  "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, ...

Football is a difficult game... sometimes the best teams don't always win.
                  It has nothing to do with curses... or getting over the hump...
                  Any Given Sunday... that's what I believe in.
                  You guys should get together and have a pre-season seance.
                  Wait is that a YouTube link? Now I’m impressed!!

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Injuries are impossible to predict.
                    Who are your "fringe starters" at "important positions" this year...?
                    Because almost every single important position (QB, OT, OC, WR, DE, CB) is pretty solid, starter-wise.
                    Yeah the starters are better than I can remember in a very long time. I really hope I’m wrong but I worry about the safety depth - D James always manages to knock himself out for a couple of games. Corner depth also concerns me I’m assuming JC Jackson is done until proven otherwise and that leaves us 1 injury away from a catastrophe there with J Taylor having to start outside & someone with zero NFL snaps playing nickel. Defensively I’m concerned about an “old, slow, and soft” vibe. I think Kendricks is overall a downgrade from Tranquill and he plays old and slow. Tranquill was a sideline to sideline speed demon that gave this defense a lot of oomph in key spots and that’s gonna be missed. Bosa and Mack are both getting up there in age & we have nothing behind them. Interior Dline was always going to be average at best.

Offensively Im concerned there will be growing pains with Kellen Moore & the new offense & the schedule is such it doesn’t allow for growing pains. I’m in the process of going through tons of Dallas games and have seen zero evidence of the 3 & 4 wide Air Coryell aerial assault everyone seems to be predicting.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yup, it’s real.
                      45 years in as a Charger fan...sadly...yup its a thing

Its also a thing in the national media that wont stop until the Chargers stop doing stuff like the playoffs last year or actually win some big games, not just be close
                      Last edited by CanadianBoltFan; 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Curses are for the soft-minded.
                        Curses are real except for coincidences and everything else.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

I don't look at Chargering as only dumb plays like Marlon McCree or collapses like the Jags, though that is the most annoying kind...but is also covers Charger luck...like ridiculous injury luck many year...like getting to the AFC Final only to have have our big 3 Rivers, Gates and LT all injured...or a big hype year last year and having 6 pro bowl studs injured before we can blink

Comment

Working...
                          X