• Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    As I mentioned a day or so ago - Ficken finally fixed our ST after years of it being a horrible wreck that literally cost us games. We now have one of the best ST in the league. If he wants Horvath, he gets him!

Yes, absolutely. The special teams get players too. They don't just get the leftovers. Like you say, we need to maintain what the Chargers have finally been able to do, put good special teams on the field. It wasn't just bad before, it was embarrassing.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Do you want starters playing on the kickoff and punt coverage units?
      No, but I don't think it's worth it to keep Horvath just for ST skills...we've got that young buck Mullen already who flies around on ST's making tackles...don't hear Horvath's name being called on ST's...cut Horvath, keep Dot...

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

My DL is Bash, AJ, Fox, Matlock, Clark - Williams if we keep 6.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We can cut Doss, Hightower, Dotson. They will all be available for the practice squad, trust me. So would Horvath. And Duggan and Smartt Stones

Clark I am not so sure about, but probably he can also be cut.

Okoye? I don't think anyone wants to put him on their active roster right now. He has never played football. Never. He is far away from contributing. Great PS guy and I also think the NFL wants this overseas program to work and him having to move to another city and not get the guaranteed entire year on the PS without fear of being cut is contrary to that fledgling program. So it is very safe to cut him and add him back to the PS and have him all year. I am sure there is a gentleman's agreement to not poach such a player.

I hope we are busily trying to get a 7th round pick, conditional to 6th depending on his play from the Rams who are in desparate need, for Dustin Hopkins who is a really good guy and a good kicker who got "Tyrodded". Dicker is our kicker.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

You all have talked me into worrying about Okoye getting poached.

We don't have to take advantage of the special rule.
            Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              We can cut Doss, Hightower, Dotson. They will all be available for the practice squad, trust me. So would Horvath. And Duggan and Smartt Stones

Okoye? I don't think anyone wants to put him on their active roster right now. He has never played football. Never. He is far away from contributing. Great PS guy and I also think the NFL wants this overseas program to work and him having to move to another city and not get the guaranteed entire year on the PS without fear of being cut is contrary to that fledgling program. So it is very safe to cut him and add him back to the PS and have him all year. I am sure there is a gentleman's agreement to not poach such a player.

I hope we are busily trying to get a 7th round pick, conditional to 6th depending on his play from the Rams who are in desparate need, for Dustin Hopkins who is a really good guy and a good kicker who got "Tyrodded". Dicker is our kicker.

TG
              Chargers are already on the hook for 1.1m - they might have to pay a large portion of that to move the contract for something you mention. My trade idea has always been $550k, a 7th and Hopkins for a 6th rounder. Or a pick flip to a higher round type trade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                Titans have no kickers on their roster as after cutting Badgeley

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  You all have talked me into worrying about Okoye getting poached.

We don't have to take advantage of the special rule.
                  Lol, nobody taking him. Dude has never played football and would need to be on a active roster if poached.
                  I suppose they could claim him off waivers though.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Rams won’t trade for a guy slated to be cut. Lots of other kickers will get cut too.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, nobody taking him. Dude has never played football and would need to be on a active roster if poached.
                      I suppose they could claim him off waivers though.
                      I have a really hard time seeing another team grab him and put him on the 53 man roster. He is very raw, but is a physical beast and could possibly develop into a solid player. All for using our PS roster exemption on him and letting him develop.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I don’t believe anybody would give up anything for Hopkins. They can be the highest bidder for his services after he is cut. So they can still get him without losing a valuable pick. And teams do not willing let go of draft picks anymore.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

If we lose Okoye
                          you are gonna hear about it.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...