• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Doesnt matter who comes in. Almost every team in the AFC now knows how to beat Staley's Chargers. Sure Offense will be better than the braindead Lombardi scheme but it wont change in game adjustments. Also we still have Telesco who wont change how he drafts so get ready for the injury bad luck to continue as well as the lack of heart.

Comment

• James Chavez
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
      Implies that Staley will be back, and we won't consider Sean Payton. Par for the course with Spanos. Weak leadership starts at the top.
      See my reply/post in UNTIL SPANOS IS GONE thread.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

This was the #1 desire on TPB all year long yet when we get it - now it just sucks. set aside TT, set aside BS, if Lombo had managed to stumble his bumbling way into just one additional drive on the last 35 minutes of the game, Chargers still would have won.

Just one drive was all they needed.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Who are the candidates? Anyone jumping out? I would think with Staley's hot seat it could be tough to find a quality hire BUT we do have Herbert to work with which is way more than the other teams looking for an OC.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• SK21209
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2020
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

What any OC candidate is going to have to be willing to accept by coming to the Chargers is basically a 1-year deal. Once Staley fucks up again, EVERYONE will be gone at this time next year. So the chance of getting a major upgrade from Lombardi are probably slim.
            Fair point, but look at the list of other open OC jobs in the last bullet. All of those teams have no QB except maybe the Rams but McVay calls the plays. Of the open jobs, ours will be the most desirable solely because of Herbert, barring the Jets trading for a veteran.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

What any OC candidate is going to have to be willing to accept by coming to the Chargers is basically a 1-year deal. Once Staley fucks up again, EVERYONE will be gone at this time next year. So the chance of getting a major upgrade from Lombardi are probably slim.
              The Bolt’s offensive is loaded and underperforming. It’s a great one year job for an up and comer to show his stuff.

He should also bring a passing game coordinator and running game coordinator/offensive line coach with him.

And bring in Pep Hamilton as qb coach.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• jox g
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by James Chavez View Post

See my reply/post in UNTIL SPANOS IS GONE thread.
                According to Bea Spanos the sister, her brother (Dean) don't have the money! Hoping they sell the team !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Scapegoats....... the GM and HC and ownersare responsible

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Half Measures by Dean Spanos. This called for full measures, a full house cleaning but Dean's priority was watching his business investment mature in Los Angeles. So, he's simply prolonged the inevitable to 2024.

Brandon Staley will be fired one year from today, on January 17th, 2024.

Write it down.

Comment

• Blastttoff
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2020
                      • Send PM

Dude was the not the right hire from day 1. Most people knew this already including me after his stint with the lions, it’s ashamed we wasted two years of Hebert on a rookie scale contract to find this out.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Don't agree with this take at all. Any OC can look at how badly the O performed this year and know that with a competent scheme and a QB like Herbert, they have a chance to shine right away. And if they did blow up the staff next year, they still get paid as coaches contracts are guaranteed.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

According to Bea Spanos the sister, her brother (Dean) don't have the money! Hoping they sell the team !!!!!!!!!!!!
                          https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...rgers/2969362/

> Bearing in mind Dea Spanos has backed off the litigation but the embers I suspect are still brewing. <

‘Men Are in Charge and Women Should Shut Up': Lawsuit Could Force Spanos Family to Sell Chargers

Millions in debt. Inability to pay off charitable obligations. Breaches of fiduciary duty. Aggressive Misogyny. A private jet to get a haircut.

It’s all alleged in a lawsuit filed this week against Dean Spanos that could tip the balance of power in the Spanos family and, almost certainly, usher in the sale of the National Football League’s Chargers.

The filing was made this week in San Joaquin County Super Court by Dea Spanos Berberian, Dean’s sister. Berberian is trying to make the case that Dean has put the family trust in such deep financial trouble that he should be removed as co-trustee, giving her lone control of the trust.

Dean, Dea and their siblings Michael and Alexis all have a 15% ownership stake in the franchise. The trust controls 36%. If Berberian is able to remove Dean she would effectively be in charge of 51% of the Chargers ownership. Considering the fact Berberian has already filed a petition in Los Angeles County Superior Court asking that the trust and the team be put up for sale it stands to reason that she would put the team up for sale.

So, why would she take this step? In her estimation it’s necessary to overturn years of financial mismanagement by Dean, Michael, and Steve Cohen (executive vice president of The Spanos Corporation). The suit claims the trust is, as of December 31, 2021, $358 million in debt and losing $11 million annually. Dea says her brother has been using the trust to pay against debts, many of them for his own personal gain and the detriment of the rest of the family. One example, taken from the lawsuit:

“Dean continues to use Trust assets as collateral, draw on the Trust’s lines of credit, and refuses to pay dividends for his own personal benefit and in breach of his fiduciary duties. For example, despite the fact that TSC (The Spanos Corporation) conducted little to no business in Las Vegas for decades, Dean insisted on keeping a TSC office there so that he could write-off private flights to enjoy his second home and get his hair cut, since Las Vegas is where Dean’s barber is based.”

Comment

Working...
                          X