• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    Who are the candidates? Anyone jumping out? I would think with Staley's hot seat it could be tough to find a quality hire BUT we do have Herbert to work with which is way more than the other teams looking for an OC.
    Yes from the QB standpoint, the Chargers OC job is easlily the most attractive

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Arjun brings up an interesting point, the Bucs and Chargers were outcoached in defense schemes and both their offensive coordinators
      paid with their jobs.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I'd love to see the team bring back Pep Hamilton as our QB coach since they are blowing up the coaching staff in Texas.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
          This is exactly as many of us realists expected. TT and stayley stay and Lombo gets the boot.

Best we can hope for is that the new OC knows what the hell he's doing and that TT gets us some speed at WR. We need someone to maximize Herbert's talents.

The one thing stayley did well in the 2nd half of the season is creating defensive turnovers. Run D still sucks. 2nd half adjustments still suck. Bone headed coaching decisions still abound.

All things considered, we might see some improvement next year even with stayley at the helm, if and only if, we get a competent OC.
          Yes it was the realistic solution.

While I would have been happy with a more experienced and accomplished HC, at least Lombardi and Day are gone. It has been realized that turning Herbert and his arm into a modern day Alex Smith with the 31st pass yard ave since the start of 2021 is not acceptable.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Telesco stays...after a decade of incompetence?

Utter madness.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

We would have been better off getting Lynn a babysitter and keeping Steichen
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Beta organization all the way down.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Necessary shedding, respect to Joe as I'm sure he did his best but it wasn't nearly enough.
                  This is a good day for anyone who roots for better, I just hope we find a guy that is able to maximize our best player.
                  hoping we can discuss candidates on this thread?
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• LarryAW
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Lombardi had to go.

Staley:
                    Strength: Game-planning
                    Weakness: In-game Adjustments

If you don't fire Staley, fire the DC and hire an experienced DC who is good at making in-game adjustments. The players do like Staley and he can definitely game-plan. This would be the most painless decision and would solve what I think is the biggest issue.

The defense, after grabbing 4 INTs in the 1st half, then gave up 31 points in the last 31 minutes without stopping the JAGS. The problem isn't just with the offense. Wish it was, but it's not.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post
                      Lombardi had to go.

Staley:
                      Strength: Game-planning
                      Weakness: In-game Adjustments

If you don't fire Staley, fire the DC and hire an experienced DC who is good at making in-game adjustments. The players do like Staley and he can definitely game-plan. This would be the most painless decision and would solve what I think is the biggest issue.

The defense, after grabbing 4 INTs in the 1st half, then gave up 31 points in the last 31 minutes without stopping the JAGS. The problem isn't just with the offense. Wish it was, but it's not.
                      The Spanos' must mandate to Staley that he make at least 3 separate defensive and offensive gameplans for each game, so they can throw away one script for another when dictated by the opposing team. Exceptions and disqualifiers to defensive gameplans include any version of Quarters or Cover 3 zone coverages as they are barred. Exceptions and disqualifiers to offensive gameplans include installation of any part of Lombardi's playbook. :thinking: :shifty:

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Midwest
                        • Local 150 operating engineer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Arjun brings up an interesting point, the Bucs and Chargers were outcoached in defense schemes and both their offensive coordinators
                        paid with their jobs.
                        I saw that too. Very interesting.

Stats are stats, they don't tell the whole story, but it begs the question: "Why were we outliers drastically above the norm last game?"

Id like to see those stats over the last season. Id bet we have been statistically over the norm most of the season.

Time for a fresh start at OC. I hope they can get a good one. Herb deserves it and us suffering fans as well.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

I saw that too. Very interesting.

Stats are stats, they don't tell the whole story, but it begs the question: "Why were we outliers drastically above the norm last game?"

Id like to see those stats over the last season. Id bet we have been statistically over the norm most of the season.

Time for a fresh start at OC. I hope they can get a good one. Herb deserves it and us suffering fans as well.
                          I can understand the Chargers as we were Down to Allen, Palmer and Bandy. But the Bucs had their full complement of receivers - no way that should have happened to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X