• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

If we still have people who think Staley is qualified to be an NFL head coach, there’s really nothing left to discuss…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Floyal Rush
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • Send PM

2 years!!! And still no identity. Wonder who’s fault that is? And there is only one right answer to that question. If the Chargers go 9-8 or 10-7 and get in one playoff game and lose, I guarantee there will be people on here who will want Staley for a fourth year. Probably the same folks who work at a job for 10 years, and patiently wait for that promotion that will never come.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Not good form disparaging fans who think differently than you do. I'm of the opinion that you don't fire a coach unless you have in mind and upgrade from what you have. Have we learned nothing from firing a 14-2 coach?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

The next OC could potentially be the next HC of this team and I think we should keep that in mind. Scary thought but maybe not depends on who it is. I’ll settle for a power back like Josh Jacobs and a more simplified offense that can actually run the ball.

Staley coming back I can understand knowing the Spanos family but why in the hell is Tom Telesco still here? So he hit on some first rounders bottom line is 2 WC wins and zero division championships in ten years says more about his drafts than some first round hits IMO.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

There's also a chance that the OC will be elevated to HC if Staley is fired. Plus, Herbert is going to make any legit OC look good.
            Yes, I mentioned that in my reply to richpjr, who also responded to my post. The problem with that, of course, is it's an interim position (assuming here that Staley gets fired mid-season). If the team tanks next year, then Telesco, Staley, and everyone associated with them will be shit-canned, as well. Including the new OC. I gotta believe the new regime will want their guys, not the previous (failed) regime's people.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

Why is Renaldo Hill still employed?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
                That is my biggest remaining question.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Not good form disparaging fans who think differently than you do. I'm of the opinion that you don't fire a coach unless you have in mind and upgrade from what you have. Have we learned nothing from firing a 14-2 coach?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Yes, I mentioned that in my reply to richpjr, who also responded to my post. The problem with that, of course, is it's an interim position (assuming here that Staley gets fired mid-season). If the team tanks next year, then Telesco, Staley, and everyone associated with them will be shit-canned, as well. Including the new OC. I gotta believe the new regime will want their guys, not the previous (failed) regime's people.
                    Thats if this schmuck fires em lol.Depends on how it will effect his bank account.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Wilhoite fired

I truly wonder if the reason Gannon and Evero didn't go to the Chargers as DC as they knew Staley was going to call plays -- so without that skillset - zero chance to move up to a head coach.

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That is my biggest remaining question.
                        Bcuz he's learning under Staley who calls plays on game day. Staley needs him the rest of the time. I saw in "All In" chargers.com

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Because Staley calls the defensive plays and he's the genius. Hill is just a place holder and any DC we bring in will be the same so long as
                          Staley is the HC.

Comment

Working...
                          X