• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The team trading for Bosa would be taking on 24m of guaranteed salary.

The Chargers would have a dead cap hit of $14m

I think the Chargers could get something like what they gave up for Mack. Maybe even a little better.

I am not saying Bosa will be traded - but my guess - it has been discussed at Chargers Park and will be discussed
    Sold....I would take a sack of beans to save $24 mil this upcoming season. Same with KA...saving $17.5 mil is a lot of money to save and I don't think KA is worth it anymore. He's going to milk it for a year or two and then retire possibly.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Sold....I would take a sack of beans to save $24 mil this upcoming season. Same with KA...saving $17.5 mil is a lot of money to save and I don't think KA is worth it anymore. He's going to milk it for a year or two and then retire possibly.
      KA milking it >>>>> 95% of WRs in the league.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

KA milking it >>>>> 95% of WRs in the league.
        Are you saying 95% of receivers are milking it? What I meant by this is he's pulling in a $20 mil check compared to others who are making less by say half that. This is why I say guaranteed money is a disincentive to actually do the right thing(Soft tissue injury for extending your career and big payday). No way in hell would I ever pay a receiver $30 mil no matter what. Sorry if I'm cheap in that way but this also includes no defensive players too (Ahemmm, cough cough Bosa).

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Are you saying 95% of receivers are milking it? What I meant by this is he's pulling in a $20 mil check compared to others who are making less by say half that. This is why I say guaranteed money is a disincentive to actually do the right thing(Soft tissue injury for extending your career and big payday). No way in hell would I ever pay a receiver $30 mil no matter what. Sorry if I'm cheap in that way but this also includes no defensive players too (Ahemmm, cough cough Bosa).
          Yes, let's put $30M cap on what we pay any players. Herbert can just go elsewhere if he doesn't like that. That'll work. We won't have to bother ourselves expecting a good team.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Yes, let's put $30M cap on what we pay any players. Herbert can just go elsewhere if he doesn't like that. That'll work. We won't have to bother ourselves expecting a good team.
            Go back and read any of my posts concerning this...I've always said that the only player on the team that should get $30+ mil is a top 5 QB. Thanks for twisting my words.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Go back and read any of my posts concerning this...I've always said that the only player on the team that should get $30+ mil is a top 5 QB. Thanks for twisting my words.
              I didn't say those were your words. I was just following up on your thoughts with my own thoughts. Sorry if you thought I was criticizing you. I'll tell you this, somehow they need to get these huge salaries under wraps or people won't be able to afford to buy the tickets.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

I didn't say those were your words. I was just following up on your thoughts with my own thoughts. Sorry if you thought I was criticizing you. I'll tell you this, somehow they need to get these huge salaries under wraps or people won't be able to afford to buy the tickets.
                The owners don't care. Most of the money comes from TV. The rich owners in the right markets have the premium seats they make their money on.
                Approx. $300M per team comes from TV. That's why the cap was raised and it will continue that way so long as the TV pot keeps getting larger.

At some point only the rich and crazy will be buying tickets. I used to buy tickets on the open market for certain games. But that has also gotten out
                of hand for the games people want to watch.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The owners don't care. Most of the money comes from TV. The rich owners in the right markets have the premium seats they make their money on.
                  Approx. $300M per team comes from TV. That's why the cap was raised and it will continue that way so long as the TV pot keeps getting larger.

At some point only the rich and crazy will be buying tickets. I used to buy tickets on the open market for certain games. But that has also gotten out
                  of hand for the games people want to watch.
                  NFL ticket prices are inexpensive compared to NBA tickets and TV money is the reason. That's where owners get the bag.

It's always amusing to me when people complain about player salaries but never bat an eye about team valuations and the profits owners make.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Actually I have a theory on this. Since every team has a similar budget it's much easier to hire a minimum staff for experienced veterans than say pay $5-10 million more on training staff and additional coaches to make those rookie players ready for post season. It takes us 2-3 seasons to bring along players...Bringing in a new staff for offense is the best thing we've done in two seasons of Lombardi....We consistently had defenders hitting our RBs in the backfield...not good. We were dancing with two left feet for way to long.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

NFL ticket prices are inexpensive compared to NBA tickets and TV money is the reason. That's where owners get the bag.

It's always amusing to me when people complain about player salaries but never bat an eye about team valuations and the profits owners make.
                      Sure. It makes sense. A basketball arena sits about 20K. A football stadium about 70k. But if you want decent seats for some games it can get expensive.
                      One can always go for nose bleed end zone seats, no problem.

Well it's not the salaries that I'm complaining about. It's the ticket prices + parking + concessions. It adds up.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                        Let's do this!
                        • Aug 2022
                        • Raleigh N. Carolina
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

NFL ticket prices are less expensive than NBA tickets but there are 10s of thousands more football tickets to be sold and TV money is the reason. That's where owners get the bag.

Fixed it for you.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Fixed it for you.
                          You didn’t fix it at all. NBA plays 80+ games just in the regular season and has a long playoff. NFL plays 17 regular season games. Many more tickets in the NBA than the NFL

Comment

Working...
                          X