• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm not referring to what Bosa is getting paid...he may pull a holdout because he may want off the team...or for some other reason...
    Then off the team he will be. Im for trading him. Actually i may prefer he do that as i really doubt they plan to trade him but if forced, that works. Im not a Joey hater at all, just think trading him helps getting picks, drafting another Edge and with Herberts extension even if it isnt this year. Even if Joey plays great elsewhere, fine. Many players move on from here and play well. Maybe the turf here does not agree with his body.

I really wish Telesco was more creative in getting picks and trades but he isnt.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Then off the team he will be. Im for trading him. Actually i may prefer he do that as i really doubt they plan to trade him but if forced, that works. Im not a Joey hater at all, just think trading him helps getting picks, drafting another Edge and with Herberts extension even if it isnt this year. Even if Joey plays great elsewhere, fine. Many players move on from here and play well. Maybe the turf here does not agree with his body.

I really wish Telesco was more creative in getting picks and trades but he isnt.
      Good point, Jolt...months ago, I started a thread about the artificial turf at Sofi, and how there's more injuries due to artificial turf...with Joey's injury history, especially concussions, I could see why he'd want out, especially if he can sign with a team playing on natural turf...

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They’re looking at the least expensive option available
        If that was the case, they wouldn’t have signed Moore in the first place.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
          Surprised they are looking at Fred Walker as QB Coach considering he has 1 year experience as an offensive assistant on a below average team in the NFL. Seems like he needs to be an assistant QB Coach first.
          Why not somebody like Doug Nussmeier? He has familiarity with the O and plenty of experience, and he can step in right away when Moore gets his HCing gig in 1 or 2 years.
          Who knows. Moore and Staley could be trying to think outside the box and evaluate everyone including someone like Walker who has no prior connection with them. Or they could be scouting the Raiders again.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You don’t want to hear what I think
            I do!
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

What round pick would a team trade for Bosa's 3I (I believe?) mil cap hit?
              I don't think it would be as high as some here think.
              If replacing him with the 21st pick would allow Pipkins, Tranq, Fox, and Van Noy back maybe it's the way to go.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Super Bowl LVIII Odds.
                Chiefs +600
                Bengals +850
                Bills +900
                Eagles +900
                49ers +900
                Cowboys +1400
                Ravens +1800
                Chargers +2000
                Packers +2500
                Jaguars
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Chargers look overrated again. I see a step backwards as they deal with salary cap cuts.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

StaleyD is on the whiteboard.

Defenses have to figure out how to deal with mobile QBs.

There must be consistent hurries over sacks, simultaneously containing the new breed of quarterback.

Disguised or delayed blitzes from LBs snd DBs must be used.

Inside pressure with gap responsibility must be there.

Coverages must hold up and be varied and complex.

The meaning of the Sack statistic is changing.

The long run by Mahomes at 2:55 4the quarter decided the game...again.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

We are moving into the Justin Herbert era of Charger football.

Outscoring KC is the goal.

Staley, Moore and Herbert must work together synergistically, mentally, physically and emotionally.

A draft class and FA pool deep at RB and TE must be taken advantage off.

There are select WRs of all types, big, small, fast, crafty.

Make it happen captain.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                        What round pick would a team trade for Bosa's 3I (I believe?) mil cap hit?
                        I don't think it would be as high as some here think.
                        If replacing him with the 21st pick would allow Pipkins, Tranq, Fox, and Van Noy back maybe it's the way to go.
                        The team trading for Bosa would be taking on 24m of guaranteed salary.

The Chargers would have a dead cap hit of $14m

I think the Chargers could get something like what they gave up for Mack. Maybe even a little better.

I am not saying Bosa will be traded - but my guess - it has been discussed at Chargers Park and will be discussed

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The team trading for Bosa would be taking on 24m of guaranteed salary.

The Chargers would have a dead cap hit of $14m

I think the Chargers could get something like what they gave up for Mack. Maybe even a little better.

I am not saying Bosa will be traded - but my guess - it has been discussed at Chargers Park and will be discussed
                          IMO I don't think there will be many takers for Joey at that price point, mainly because of his injury history, but it only takes one!

Comment

Working...
                          X