Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It appears that Staley will still be running the asylum thru the end of the year, so - a hard no on all of this (although I agree it's is a sound approach).
    Was there a presser that I missed on Staley finishing the season? If not, just cuz he wasnt fired yet, doesnt mean he wont be, if we lose 2 or 3 of the next 4 games...they may be waiting to see if he still has the lockerroom, and pulls off a run...very unlikely, but not impossible.

I know you arent a Staley fan, but you gotta admit...that last one was player screwups...3 plays easily executed, instead of screwed up, and that is a two score victory...now, if he loses the faith of the players, and this thing goes pearshaped...I could still see the axe...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Technically...still alive...but once we hit 8 losses...I want our entire draft class, save Max Duggan, on the field for starter level snaps...I want Spiller and Dotson getting a dozen plus touches a game, and I want Zion, Salyer, or Mcfadden playing OC...if we are keeping Slayer, a vet we SHOULD keep, limited snaps...let Q, Palmer, DD, and maybe Fehoko get the reps. Reactivate Matlock on game day...and just plain sit Kendricks, with K9, Henley, and Nieman sharing the load. I hope whatever staff is running the place, once we are eliminated, at least puts the remaining games to good use, evaluating future players.
      The Chargers have already made playoff with a 4-8 start !

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Five losses in '23 by small margins.

Spanos ain't gonna do it.
        There you are, Wu...curious...what do you make of this...still diehard? Or maybe doubtful, but still rooting, like me?...or have you thrown in the towel?
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Was there a presser that I missed on Staley finishing the season? If not, just cuz he wasnt fired yet, doesnt mean he wont be, if we lose 2 or 3 of the next 4 games...they may be waiting to see if he still has the lockerroom, and pulls off a run...very unlikely, but not impossible.

I know you arent a Staley fan, but you gotta admit...that last one was player screwups...3 plays easily executed, instead of screwed up, and that is a two score victory...now, if he loses the faith of the players, and this thing goes pearshaped...I could still see the axe...
          So if a couple of passes weren't dropped and Ekler hadn't fumbled then what? They beat a bad 3-6 team before they lose to a good Ravens team like they always do and have done for 2 years now....and then what?????

Its a given the Chargers lose to the good teams, yesterday was regression in that they are now losing to bad teams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Technically...still alive...but once we hit 8 losses...I want our entire draft class, save Max Duggan, on the field for starter level snaps...I want Spiller and Dotson getting a dozen plus touches a game, and I want Zion, Salyer, or Mcfadden playing OC...if we are keeping Slayer, a vet we SHOULD keep, limited snaps...let Q, Palmer, DD, and maybe Fehoko get the reps. Reactivate Matlock on game day...and just plain sit Kendricks, with K9, Henley, and Nieman sharing the load. I hope whatever staff is running the place, once we are eliminated, at least puts the remaining games to good use, evaluating future players.
            I agree with a lot of this. Now the OLine thing - do that when Herbert is not the QB. But I would want to see Dotson, SPiller, Matlock, Fehoko, Daiyan at LB - getting a helluva lot of reps as well

Johnston at WR for sure. See like you said who can play Center - especially if Linsley needs to retire - but use Stick at Center or Duggan

As if the team is 5-8 or something, the best thing would be to finish 5-12

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

So if a couple of passes weren't dropped and Ekler hadn't fumbled then what? They beat a bad 3-6 team before they lose to a good Ravens team like they always do and have done for 2 years now....and then what?????

Its a given the Chargers lose to the good teams, yesterday was regression in that they are now losing to bad teams.
              Don't be surprise if the Chargers beat the Ravens next Sunday.
              The Chargers are the most unpredictable team, all sports combined.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

They aren't actually. Beat a bad team, lose to a good team. Rinse and repeat

The only unpredictable thing is how they will falter and lose close in any big game they play in.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Some good stuff in there, including Herbert's runs. I hope to see more of that from him. One of these days he's going to score on a long run of 30 yds or more. Saw him do that in the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Unfortunately they’ve become very predictable .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

No presser - I was just reading into the effort the Spanii put into getting cover for keeping him, in addition to their allergy to financial loss . . . . . . . .

The player failures on offense were obvious, and if they make most of those plays we probably win, but the fact remains that we let a bad offense, with a bad QB, have their best game of the year, and the bad QB had his best game in his career . . . . . . . . . . That's on Staley. It's the same old same old . . . . . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Five losses in '23 by small margins.

Spanos ain't gonna do it.
                        Yep. Although his meltdown yesterday made me think he might be close to the end

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

There you are, Wu...curious...what do you make of this...still diehard? Or maybe doubtful, but still rooting, like me?...or have you thrown in the towel?
                          I am angry.
                          In denial phase.
                          Bolt up.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X