• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Would Callahan have been an upgrade over Ja'Sir Taylor or Deanne Leonard, both of whom are much younger? I doubt it.

Where they failed at CB was not filling the hole at the top of the CB depth chart once the JCJ experiment imploded. There were opportunities before the deadline to do so.
    I was in shock they went with a receiver in the first round versus getting the best DB available at the time. I thought it was ok at the time because we all thought one of our expensive receivers would have to be replaced. We're even worse off as QJ is just another receiver and not the real deal.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

still have a hard time believing Tranq is the better LB over Kendricks.... dude was a containment defender and rarely stuck his nose in the trash... our run D is better this year isn't it ??

and for those of you still saying Keenan needs to take a pay cut coz of his age.... not sure you aren't using RB metrics and applying it to WR.... if you do your research you will see that plenty of star receivers had some of their best years well into their 30s.

and feel sorry for some of the players who are seemingly over Staley.... now am wondering what the fate of young Tom might be ?? and what does young John do now in the face of a new GM hire ??

and re: Harbaugh.... read here how his offensive scheme is perfect for Justin, and then later read that his team passed just 8 times in a recent game.... am still all in and on board w/him, and.... what gives ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I was in shock they went with a receiver in the first round versus getting the best DB available at the time. I thought it was ok at the time because we all thought one of our expensive receivers would have to be replaced. We're even worse off as QJ is just another receiver and not the real deal.
        speaking for myself, the best DB available was Brian Branch, and.... would still select Kincaid over Banks, Porter or any of the other DBs available there.

would also have still selected Kincaid over Flowers & Addison as well....

Lions did a good job in selecting LaPorta, and we did well selecting Tuli.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Second WR drafted, #21 overall: 20 receptions, 183 yds, 9.2 ypc, 1 TD
          Jake Bobo undrafted: 13 receptions, 156 yds, 12.0 ypc, 2 TD

CB Joey Porter Jr. went at No. 32 overall. He's 6 feet 2.5 inches and has 1 INT, 5 passes defensed and 1 tackle for loss. In hindsight, If I could have a do-over, I think I'd take Porter over QJ.

Right now CB is the top need in next year's draft, IMO. Maybe they will be in position to get Kool-Aid McKinstry, though I have some concerns about his speed.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Looking forward to the apology for hiring Staley
            Brilliant . . . . . . . POTD

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Yeah - the optics on this one play are bad for Tranquill, but OVERALL he's been at least as effective for KC as Kendricks has been for us, realistic he's been more effective. Considering Staley jettisoned him and championed Kendricks I'd say it's another example of Staley's failure . . . . .
              Tranquill is hurting the Chiefs inj regards to defending the run. Bolton's injury leaves them weak vs the run.
              Broncos beat them with a very conservative 87 yards passing and 153 rushing. They also gave up an unacceptable ypc to Mostert (7.1) and Swift (6.3) since Bolton's injury. Whereas, Kendricks has helped the Chargers' run D improve from 5.4 ypc to 4.0 ypc.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Would Callahan have been an upgrade over Ja'Sir Taylor or Deanne Leonard, both of whom are much younger? I doubt it.

Where they failed at CB was not filling the hole at the top of the CB depth chart once the JCJ experiment imploded. There were opportunities before the deadline to do so.
                Telesco never makes any moves to improve the roster in-season other than to acquire late round draft picks. One reason teams under him have always mired in mediocrity.​

Callahan was a good contributor, and the pass defense wasn't pathetic when was around. The thing against him is age and injury.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Tranquill is hurting the Chiefs inj regards to defending the run. Bolton's injury leaves them weak vs the run.
                  Broncos beat them with a very conservative 87 yards passing and 153 rushing. They also gave up an unacceptable ypc to Mostert (7.1) and Swift (6.3) since Bolton's injury. Whereas, Kendricks has helped the Chargers' run D improve from 5.4 ypc to 4.0 ypc.
                  That was always the knock on Tranq - not enough sand in the pants, but I haven't see Kendricks do anything significant.

Show me the rushing yards given up in the games Kendrick's played in, vs the ones he didn't . . . . . . . . . .
                  Show me the stats of both players side x side . . . . . . . . .

Kendricks hasn't helped keep our defense from being a complete disaster against the pass. He was supposed to be a huge upgrade to our linebacking corp, and have all this experience and intelligence so he can run Staley's D better than the guys we had last year - NOPE.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I am seeing an improvement in run defense. That's Kendricks, the associated improvement from K9, and Nick Williams.

No poster has to "show that" or "prove that."
                    Its more like some are wearing anti-Staley, agenda-driven blinders.
                    The tape is there, should anyone chose to watch it.

Our problems remain lack of consistency and giving up big plays. We get to third down playing solid D, then fail miserably. That goes back to previous seasons.

Now, can Staley's teachings finally take ?
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      I am seeing an improvement in run defense. That's Kendricks, the associated improvement from K9, and Nick Williams.

No poster has to "show that" or "prove that."
                      Its more like some are wearing anti-Staley, agenda-driven blinders.
                      The tape is there, should anyone chose to watch it.

Our problems remain lack of consistency and giving up big plays. We get to third down playing solid D, then fail miserably. That goes back to previous seasons.

Now, can Staley's teachings finally take ?
                      And a step backward in pass defense. In a passing league

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

And a step backward in pass defense. In a passing league
                        The subject here was run defense.

Leonard should get more Outside Corner snaps now. Take your pick, Vato or ASJ who falls back.

With Derwin now at Star, Ja'Sir is ready to get snaps additionally.

Gimme a pinch of Defense,
                        and a super scoop of Herbert.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Second WR drafted, #21 overall: 20 receptions, 183 yds, 9.2 ypc, 1 TD
                          Jake Bobo undrafted: 13 receptions, 156 yds, 12.0 ypc, 2 TD

CB Joey Porter Jr. went at No. 32 overall. He's 6 feet 2.5 inches and has 1 INT, 5 passes defensed and 1 tackle for loss. In hindsight, If I could have a do-over, I think I'd take Porter over QJ.

Right now CB is the top need in next year's draft, IMO. Maybe they will be in position to get Kool-Aid McKinstry, though I have some concerns about his speed.
                          Kincaid 51 receptions, 436 yards, 8.5 ave, 2 TDs

Done most of that the past 5 weeks. The average will keep going up.

Everett ....injured. Parham, healthy for now.

Comment

Working...
                          X