• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

sure, I don’t care - give him the rock a few times. I’ve always thought you over-estimate the Power Of The Dot but hey - he too is welcome to surprise me at this point. I’ll bet you a cheeseburger that he is not seen in a game this year. But, partly that’s because I’d appreciate the honor of buying you a cheeseburger.

I just cannot give another fuck this year yet. I can’t wait to watch another Charger game but I just can’t give a fuck anymore. you don’t know what its like being the Mayor of Flipville but … its public service, which as we all know, is a tremendous personal sacrifice.
    Mac, I am honored by your offer of that cheeseburger...we all appreciate your contribution to public service as mayor of Flipville...if the flip doesn't happen this year, hoping they truly turn things around in the next season or two...

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. It is time to see what young players can do

Granted, with the playoffs still an outside chance - can't just play the rookies. But the running game is different - its non existent. So he can't make it worse
      This. Using the same players/plays will have the same results. If Moore is anything like he was billed, he’ll have stuff up his sleeve for these last few critical games. If not, done with him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

If Ekeler is going to be benched (dont know if thats the case) Then sure activate Spiller and Dotson and see what we got. Dont know if Ekeler has a ankle injury or what but that 13 MPH isnt right for him.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. It is time to see what young players can do

Granted, with the playoffs still an outside chance - can't just play the rookies. But the running game is different - its non existent. So he can't make it worse
          This. Wash, rinse, repeat. Trying the same old crap every week when it's not working. Give someone else a chance, can't be any worse than what they have been doing. That doesn't mean one or two plays, let them develop a feel for the game before they're yanked. The offense is playing with a sense of failure right now, if Moore can't fix this then he aint even assistant coach material.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            If Ekeler is going to be benched (dont know if thats the case) Then sure activate Spiller and Dotson and see what we got. Dont know if Ekeler has a ankle injury or what but that 13 MPH isnt right for him.
            Have we not already seen that Spiller and Dotson don't have it? I'm all for giving them more touches if there is a chance they can make an impact. But I kind of think we know who they are and aren't. This is one area where I agree with those beefing on Telesco over his personnel decisions. He has failed to address the weakness at RB, and there has been plenty of opportunity to do so either in free agency or via trade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Have we not already seen that Spiller and Dotson don't have it? I'm all for giving them more touches if there is a chance they can make an impact. But I kind of think we know who they are and aren't. This is one area where I agree with those beefing on Telesco over his personnel decisions. He has failed to address the weakness at RB, and there has been plenty of opportunity to do so either in free agency or via trade.
              If you think Spillers 12 carries is a body of work to go on and Dotsons 4 carries .....then i guess we need to cut them forever. But i dont think thats a body or work to go on.

Our OL is crap in run blocking, we know that. Ekeler isnt doing well, Kelly is doing just ok and he is not the best reciever. Spiller is a better reciever than Kelly....let those guys play. What have we got to lose? We already want to draft a RB or two but lets make sure first. I think Spiller can get 1.8 YPC that Ekeler gets by falling forward since he is 25 lbs bigger.

Koo approves this message.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Isaiah Spiller: 30 career carries, 68 yds, 2.3 ypc

Elijah Dotson: 4 career carries (all in 2023), 6 yds, 1.5 ypc

Have these two been under-utilized, or is it clear they are not NFL caliber?

I'm all for giving them more chances if there is a chance they can revive the ground game.

I'm also for using the short high-percentage passing game to RBs as a running game if handing off to them isn't working. Kelley has also made plays as a receiver out of the backfield in previous seasons. They seem to only use Ekeler in that role now. Give Kelley more receiving targets and see how that works.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

If you think Spillers 12 carries is a body of work to go on and Dotsons 4 carries .....then i guess we need to cut them forever. But i dont think thats a body or work to go on.

Our OL is crap in run blocking, we know that. Ekeler isnt doing well, Kelly is doing just ok and he is not the best reciever. Spiller is a better reciever than Kelly....let those guys play. What have we got to lose? We already want to draft a RB or two but lets make sure first. I think Spiller can get 1.8 YPC that Ekeler gets by falling forward since he is 25 lbs bigger.

Roo approves this message too.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Our run game has sucked since Miami. Clearly Ek is diminished this year whether it’s the ankle or mentally he’s not sharp. He’s missing g holes and has no foot speed and dropping passes. If they don’t think Spiller or Dotson have what it takes they should have been out there bringing guys in. They haven’t. At this point we can’t get worse. Give em a shot. Going fresh legs at this point in the season might be an improvement

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Isaiah Spiller: 30 career carries, 68 yds, 2.3 ypc

Elijah Dotson: 4 career carries (all in 2023), 6 yds, 1.5 ypc

Have these two been under-utilized, or is it clear they are not NFL caliber?

I'm all for giving them more chances if there is a chance they can revive the ground game.

I'm also for using the short high-percentage passing game to RBs as a running game if handing off to them isn't working. Kelley has also made plays as a receiver out of the backfield in previous seasons. They seem to only use Ekeler in that role now. Give Kelley more receiving targets and see how that works.
                      Spiller has never been able to get into any rythm. He gets one carry here, 1 carry there, 2 carries weeks later. I say let him get into games and get some rythm and see what he can do.

If he dont cut it, he dont cut it but we wont know till they try him....Dotson too. Why carry him all year on the PS when our run game sux. Lets see what he can do as well.

With the run blocking being bad i dont expect much from any of our RBs but maybe they surprise. Can it be any worse? Other teams activate other RBs but we only activate 2.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Spiller has never been able to get into any rythm. He gets one carry here, 1 carry there, 2 carries weeks later. I say let him get into games and get some rythm and see what he can do.

If he dont cut it, he dont cut it but we wont know till they try him....Dotson too. Why carry him all year on the PS when our run game sux. Lets see what he can do as well.

With the run blocking being bad i dont expect much from any of our RBs but maybe they surprise. Can it be any worse? Other teams activate other RBs but we only activate 2.
                        Denver has the league's worst run defense. Moore needs to make something work on the ground. I don't care how.
                        This is a good game for our RBs to show up in.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

I'm with you on this. Yeah, it's weird they only activate two RBs. I've assumed it's because only Ekeler and Kelley are NFL legit. It could also be Moore doesn't know what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                          X