• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If I had to wager, SJD being released has more to do with something in the locker room than him going up to management and them doing him a solid by releasing him.
    This sounds more likely to me as well.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

If I had to wager, SJD being released has more to do with something in the locker room than him going up to management and them doing him a solid by releasing him.
      Cosign

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Cosign
        I guess they can get some cap relief if he is picked up before waivers. I mean, whats the difference between his per game salary and say a UDFA making the minimum for 2 games -

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

In any case, good luck to SJD. Youngsters like Matlock will get more experience playing.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Would release him even if he didn't want to go back. Dude is too slow and past his prime. They need to get younger on defense, hopefully our new GM will draft well.
            Kendricks has actually been good against the run. Not so much as a pass defender but we knew that when we signed him. Objective was to be better against the run and id guess they figured they would be ok against the pass.

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

True.
              Of course I was being facetious.
              But it all starts with basic solutions to large problems.
              How do we help Herbert ?
              I get they need to fix the secondary but I think it starts up front.
              Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
              It always starts with the trenches.
              The Dline was not our problem this year... It was the secondary. We were 18th in rush defense and Mack led the league in Sacks... We we're 30th in pass defense. We can help Herbert all day long but if we don't fix the secondary nothing changes...

I still think my current mock makes the most sense.

Kool Aid - CB #1

Jackson Powers-Johnson - C #2

Jaheim Bell - TE #3

Frank Gore Jr. - RB #4

5,6,7 BPA

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

We may never know but there was a lot made on this board about an apparent rift between Tranquil and SJD last season and then Tranquil didn't get signed (altho cheap), Kendricks signed and the defense was much worse against the pass but better against the run. A trade-off perhaps but I'd been reading on here that its a passing league.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

The Dline was not our problem this year... It was the secondary. We were 18th in rush defense and Mack led the league in Sacks... We we're 30th in pass defense. We can help Herbert all day long but if we don't fix the secondary nothing changes...

Kool Aid - CB #1

Jaheim Bell - TE #3

Frank Gore Jr. - RB #4

5,6,7 BPA
                  Did the opposing defenses run as much against the Chargers and passed more because they knew the pass defense was terrible. I agree the secondary needs an upgrade but I think it starts up front - -build your Oline and Dline

as for positions -- I think way too early. Have to see who the new coach is, the scheme, etc. What free agency will bring.

Plus yuou only have 7 picks - one of these years the Chargers are going to have extra picks

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Kool Aid - CB #1

Jaheim Bell - TE #3

Frank Gore Jr. - RB #4

5,6,7 BPA
                    I actually do not like that. Well picks 1 and 2, but after that...nope. Bell is listed as a RB on one draft site...and i dont frequent that many. He isnt a good blocker. Gore is a scat back. More a round 6 guy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Did the opposing defenses run as much against the Chargers and passed more because they knew the pass defense was terrible. I agree the secondary needs an upgrade but I think it starts up front - -build your Oline and Dline

as for positions -- I think way too early. Have to see who the new coach is, the scheme, etc. What free agency will bring.

Plus yuou only have 7 picks - one of these years the Chargers are going to have extra picks
                      Dont we have 2 6th rounders this year? Traded Hopkins to the Browns.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont we have 2 6th rounders this year? Traded Hopkins to the Browns.
                        I think that is a 2025 pick; just like the JC Jackson picks

Chargers get the Pats 6th for their own 7th in the JCJ trade and get the Browns 7th in the DHop trade

Cooking with butter now!

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I actually do not like that. Well picks 1 and 2, but after that...nope. Bell is listed as a RB on one draft site...and i dont frequent that many. He isnt a good blocker. Gore is a scat back. More a round 6 guy.
                          Rounds 3-7 are easy to nitpick and its a crap shoot... I don't think Gore lasts till the 6th round but that's just me. I'm pretty solid with 1 and 2, we need secondary help first and foremost then we need a replacement for Linsley. I'd argue our Oline plays a notch better with a strong Center, they did before Linsley left.

Comment

Working...
                          X