• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, I thought Chainy made some valid points at times...it's just that he was occasionally a bit truculent and bombastic...

How eloquently understated . . . . . He did make some good points, but he'd defend to the end of time (gah!!). He truly must have been an attorney - nobody else could afford to write out some of his responses . . . .

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      I'm Chainy cause I don't like one player we drafted. Sorry folks, been posting here a long time. Been posting on the cmb message board for a long time. Phuck you pussies!

You had me going for a second.

But then you ended it right after beginning. One sentence? WTF?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
        [/B][/U]

How eloquently understated . . . . . He did make some good points, but he'd defend to the end of time (gah!!). He truly must have been an attorney - nobody else could afford to write out some of his responses . . . .
        He had some good points washed away by a deluge of bad points.
        He'd stick to his point, hell or high water: you couldn't dynamite him away from a position.
        He dug in like it was trench warfare: any ground gained against him was inch by inch.

It was a battle of attrition.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

You need help my friend. Zach Charbonnet is like an over sized TE/Halfback or such. You have no skills.

Did you read my post? I said LTesque in running style. I did not say he was LT. If he was in that class he would be going top 15. Picking up roshon in the 3rd or 4th round I would not have second thoughts.
          First of all... I agree with your slotting of Roschon. If he were there in the 4th round, I'd have no problem picking him.
          But going all agro about Charbonnet in the 3rd round...? Most people believe that Charbonett is better RB than Roschon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who goes first... who has a better career...

How do you explain Charbonnet's 7.0 ypc...?
          In the end, I'm not worried about getting a good RB in the mid-rounds. I think there are some good ones there.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

My Morning Mock... for all you RB fans...

21: R1 P21 S Brian Branch - Alabama
            54: R2 P23 EDGE Felix Anudike-Uzomah - Kansas State
            85: R3 P22 RB Zach Charbonnet - UCLA
            125: R4 P23 RB Israel Abanikanda - Pittsburgh
            156: R5 P21 RB Sean Tucker - Syracuse
            200: R6 P23 RB Mohamed Ibrahim - Minnesota
            239: R7 P22 RB Travis Dye - USC​

My 1st and 2nd round picks are almost always CB and pass-rusher... in that order.
            The slot-corner position is the glaring hole still left open. There are so many wonderful CB's/DB's in this draft. IMO, CB is almost always the BPA @#21.
            Mack is older and on his 2nd re-structure in as many years. Herbie must get signed... Mack is an obvious cap-casulty in 2024. EDGE is a must... there is almost always a nice cluster there @#54. Again, BPA over the available RB's typically there.

IMO, the 3rd/4th rounds are the sweet spot for RB's this draft. Roschon was there in the 4th... I went with Abanikanda. I know... I have no skills...

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

First of all... I agree with your slotting of Roschon. If he were there in the 4th round, I'd have no problem picking him.
              But going all agro about Charbonnet in the 3rd round...? Most people believe that Charbonett is better RB than Roschon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who goes first... who has a better career...

How do you explain Charbonnet's 7.0 ypc...?
              In the end, I'm not worried about getting a good RB in the mid-rounds. I think there are some good ones there.
              A Large TE/HB running over college runts. He might be alright but nothing special in the NFL.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                [/B][/U]

He was right about a lack of speed at WR and Lombardi

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He was right about a lack of speed at WR and Lombardi
                  He was a stats guy. Used those for every argument and stats do not ever tell the whole story, He didnt know squat about football either. Repeated himself all the time with essays lol.

As soon and Smokey said he reminded him of YubaKing, the lightbulb came on for me.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

A Large TE/HB running over college runts. He might be alright but nothing special in the NFL.
                    @214 pounds... LOL!

I've never seen TE/HB with vision, patience, cut-back abilities...
                    You need help.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

@214 pounds... LOL!

I've never seen TE/HB with vision, patience, cut-back abilities...
                      You need help.
                      I don't see his skillset translating to the NFL. Like I said I believe there are more talented RBs in this draft I would pick over him. I'm not burning a second rounder on him period.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I don't see his skillset translating to the NFL. Like I said I believe there are more talented RBs in this draft I would pick over him. I'm not burning a second rounder on him period.
                        Like I said, I wouldn't burn a 2nd round on him either.
                        A 3rd rounder...? Sure.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

RARELY does Charbonnet simply run people over. He's a RB that recognizes the hole and quickly accelerates through. Some of his YAC come from missed tackles by smaller college players. But he's a balanced, strong runner. He'll run through some NFL arm-tacklers, too. I like the way he sets ups blocks or makes tacklers commit to a gap before cutting/slashing the other way. IMO, he plays faster than his timed 40 because of his acceleration and decisiveness.

Is he Bijan...? No.
                          Will he be better than Roschon...? I think so. I'm fine with both... and a big proponent of getting a RB in the mid-rounds.

Comment

Working...
                          X