• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

If you are going to be a fan of this team, you have to accept that the Spanoses are going to own the team for the foreseeable future and they are going to do their things their way. You can only hope that one of these years they are going to get right. It applies to Telesco and Staley as well. Both of them are flawed, but you have to hope they are going to eventually figure it out. Staley was not ready to be a head coach in 2021, he has learned on the job and it's been costly. But he's not a quitter, he's a fighter. You have to hope that he learns and grows after his first two seasons and becomes a great head coach. I think he is smart enough.

If you can't stand the way the Spanoses run the franchise and you want wholesale changes every few seasons after something goes wrong, your Chargers fan experience is not going to be very pleasant.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It was like watching Lombardi driving the Ferrari around the racetrack at 25 mph because he was afraid to scratch the paint!
      Driving a Ferrari with an engine held together with bailing wire and duct tape?
      Herbert was injured game 2, torn rib cartilage, who knows when L shoulder that needed surgery. Top WRs missed a lot of games, deep speed WR missed all year. Star LT out, LG had a down year, star C missed some games, RG was a rookie, RT had injured knee.
      He had some excuses.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

gonna volunteer that the best off-season addition has been.... the beard.

I'm suspecting good things and for our HC to dial it down and in a bit this season.... it'll be good for the all of us,

(still haunted by the visor....)
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          If you are going to be a fan of this team, you have to accept that the Spanoses are going to own the team for the foreseeable future and they are going to do their things their way. You can only hope that one of these years they are going to get right. It applies to Telesco and Staley as well. Both of them are flawed, but you have to hope they are going to eventually figure it out. Staley was not ready to be a head coach in 2021, he has learned on the job and it's been costly. But he's not a quitter, he's a fighter. You have to hope that he learns and grows after his first two seasons and becomes a great head coach. I think he is smart enough.

If you can't stand the way the Spanoses run the franchise and you want wholesale changes every few seasons after something goes wrong, your Chargers fan experience is not going to be very pleasant.
          Has it ever been?

I'm pissed - I was born into Charger fandom - I had no choice. My family did me wrong . . . . . . but it's too late to change it. Charger fandom is similar to gravity - it sucks you in and never lets you go (until you fall into the sun and burn up). Enjoy the ride as best you can . . . .

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Agree, just deal with it and enjoy the ride as best as you can.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I hadn't noticed. I wonder how long that's been going on?

EDIT- It looks like one of our Mods noticed it and fixed it for me - Good Mods!
              I have not done anything. lol Mods here dont have access to fix stuff. Not even Bolt O. Must have worked itself out. Ill monitor the situation. Good on your for reporting this as its the fastest way to put up my Bat signal. lol

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I have not done anything. lol Mods here dont have access to fix stuff. Not even Bolt O. Must have worked itself out. Ill monitor the situation. Good on your for reporting this as its the fastest way to put up my Bat signal. lol
                Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

It's still doing it, as you can see. I can delete one of them but that won't fix the problem.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Driving a Ferrari with an engine held together with bailing wire and duct tape?
                  Herbert was injured game 2, torn rib cartilage, who knows when L shoulder that needed surgery. Top WRs missed a lot of games, deep speed WR missed all year. Star LT out, LG had a down year, star C missed some games, RG was a rookie, RT had injured knee.
                  He had some excuses.
                  Maybe...who was controlling who's on the roster with no adequate backup QB. Who's responsible for having a sub quality run blocking oline. Who's responsible for bringing along rookie players. Too many excuses and not enough results no matter what.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

It's still doing it, as you can see. I can delete one of them but that won't fix the problem.
                    Keep it.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

A: We didn't win the SB again!
                      B: We have sucked, still suck and will suck!
                      C:..Or we'll get better and not suck as bad.
                      I take C.
                      I actually like the part where we compete with nothing guaranteed. It makes it fun for me when we do good.
                      If you’re only looking at Ws and Ls, then yeah it probably does look like the needle moved up a bit. If you look at what happened in those games that caused the Ls, not so rosy moving forward IMHO. I’m hoping this draft goes well, and we land some players who can make a difference. Relying on rookies and health to make a difference lol at me.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Weirdest thing ever. Let me get my tech on this. The fact its only happening to you makes me think it might be a setting on your end.

That or now we know where your cancer went. lol

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

It could be your mouse. When you click on quote it maybe double clicking. Try clicking on like, if you get 2 likes it's probably your mouse.

Comment

Working...
                          X