• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We always play the Chiefs tough. Talking about the Chiefs.

The game when the Broncos beat us, they just barely won, it took every ounce of them. The Raiders will be worse with Carr and Walker gone.​

You can blame this fanbase for that. Always boasting the talent of the team. And then there's some people who are just debbie downers.
    In our first game against the Broncos the game went into overtime and we probably won because a punt hit a Broncos helmet and we recovered.
    So we won by the skin of our teeth. In the second game against the Raiders we were in the midst of the PO hunt, critical game and we lost.
    First game against the Raiders we barely won. 2nd game against the Broncos (both teams nothing to play for) but we lost.

No excuses. With or without injuries we should be burying these teams IF we are as good as some think. I'm not a debbie downer I just call it
    the way I see it.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We always play the Chiefs tough. Talking about the Chiefs.

The game when the Broncos beat us, they just barely won, it took every ounce of them. The Raiders will be worse with Carr and Walker gone.​

You can blame this fanbase for that. Always boasting the talent of the team. And then there's some people who are just debbie downers.
      Let me know how those “we played em tough” games show up in the standings. We split with the Broncos when they were having a horrible melt down season in which the coach was fired before the season ended and our win was a gift form the gods. Raiders no better.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sorry I'm a realist. Seems like we lose 1 game each to the Raiders and Broncos every year, while at the same time always thinking
        that we have the better team. Our bark seems to be more dangerous than our bite. Are we paper lions?
        I prefer to be a realist myself . . . . . and yes - we are paper lions. We need to prove that we can win tough games against quality opponents.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

In our first game against the Broncos the game went into overtime and we probably won because a punt hit a Broncos helmet and we recovered.
          So we won by the skin of our teeth. In the second game against the Raiders we were in the midst of the PO hunt, critical game and we lost.
          First game against the Raiders we barely won. 2nd game against the Broncos (both teams nothing to play for) but we lost.

No excuses. With or without injuries we should be burying these teams IF we are as good as some think. I'm not a debbie downer I just call it
          the way I see it.
          Players matter. Winning regardless of who is wearing the uni or what kind of shape they are in is pretty optimistic, actually.
          Game 2 vs Den the W-L was meaningless. It was infuriating that our starters played at all.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Players matter. Winning regardless of who is wearing the uni or what kind of shape they are in is pretty optimistic, actually.
            Game 2 vs Den the W-L was meaningless. It was infuriating that our starters played at all.
            I still am not sure why Staley kept the starters in after Williams was hurt and Herbert had sore shoulder

That was almost fireable as if he couldn't figure out that when the Ravens lost - the Chargers were the 5 seed - is he really the right guy. I actually have my doubts. And I get the 90 minute rule but anybody watching that game also knew the Bengals were just toying with the Ravens. So setting the roster. But even with that - who cares - jsutrun the ball and punt on offense

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still am not sure why Staley kept the starters in after Williams was hurt and Herbert had sore shoulder

That was almost fireable as if he couldn't figure out that when the Ravens lost - the Chargers were the 5 seed - is he really the right guy. I actually have my doubts. And I get the 90 minute rule but anybody watching that game also knew the Bengals were just toying with the Ravens. So setting the roster. But even with that - who cares - jsutrun the ball and punt on offense
              IMO it was fireable (I would have anyway). BS was gifted a mini-bye and managed to turn a massive positive into a massive negative. What else do you have to do to get fired?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

the way I see it.
                How many NFL games do you see where a team buries the other team? The design of the draft is to keep teams close. The worst team in the league can win a game now and then.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

IMO it was fireable (I would have anyway). BS was gifted a mini-bye and managed to turn a massive positive into a massive negative. What else do you have to do to get fired?
                  One hopes it was educational. All our starters wanted to play and he let them. That was the time for a firm hand from the HC.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Well you could decide to go for it on 4th and 1 from your 18 yard line with 9 minutes left in the third Q in a close game that means POs or not.

Analytics: What do they say about getting a first down on your own 19 yard line in such a situation and what does it mean: Answer nothing.
                    What if you give your opponent a 1st and 10 at your own 18 yards line in the same situation: Answer the odds now favor the other team.
                    Oh and by the way we were not playing the prime time Tom Brady Pats, no sir. It was the Raiders.

Outcome: We lost in OT by 3 points. 3 points the opponent were gifted. Could have been worse. Rookie HC with no clue. Don't blame
                    Staley blame the genius that hired him. So maybe Staley learns from his mistakes, maybe not. Is this the way to run an NFL team that's
                    suppose to contend for a SB?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

How many NFL games do you see where a team buries the other team? The design of the draft is to keep teams close. The worst team in the league can win a game now and then.
                      I can't remember the season, but we were bad. We had Elvis Patterson at CB, I do remember that. Anyway we went to Anahiem to play the Rams, and they were a top team. I went with friends that had season tickets and it was supposed to be a blowout. The Chargers ended up winning and Elvis got a pick. ANYbody can win.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Well by burying them I mean beating them. One score games count in the standings.
                        How about beating the Broncos and Raiders twice in the same season once in a while? KC does it.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I can't remember the season, but we were bad. We had Elvis Patterson at CB, I do remember that. Anyway we went to Anahiem to play the Rams, and they were a top team. I went with friends that had season tickets and it was supposed to be a blowout. The Chargers ended up winning and Elvis got a pick. ANYbody can win.
                          That's called an upset. Can happen on any given Sunday. But when you're playing teams that you are supposed to beat, year in and year out and come
                          out with no better than .500 record over several years, then something is amiss.

Comment

Working...
                          X