• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The one we lost? Embarrassingly? He's OK, Nothing special.
    Everett has been better than most TEs on the team in recent years not named Gates.​

I hold the missed connection passes against him. most notably an endzone int by KC.
    He caught the ball for a two-point-converter late in the Arizona game which got the team the win. And he delivered many times in 2022 season.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Everett has been better than most TEs on the team in recent years not named Gates.​

He caught the ball for a two-point-converter late in the Arizona game which got the team the win. And he delivered many times in 2022 season.
      Henry was a cut above but moving forward I want closer to HOF level TE to help J Herbo win a Lombardi. Everrett is a crutch until we find a top TE. We need an upgrade. Rate TEs 0 - 100 with Gates- Winslow in 90s, Henry @ 70, Everrett @ 60. We can and should try to do better. We've seen what a top TE can do in the past and twice a year when we play KC. I want one. Now. Herbert isn't getting any younger.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I want closer to HOF level TE
        They don't grow on trees.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          They don't grow on trees.
          I think they're more rare then hens teeth. There are more HOF QBs in the league at any given time then HOF TEs.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Henry was a cut above but moving forward I want closer to HOF level TE to help J Herbo win a Lombardi. Everrett is a crutch until we find a top TE. We need an upgrade. Rate TEs 0 - 100 with Gates- Winslow in 90s, Henry @ 70, Everrett @ 60. We can and should try to do better. We've seen what a top TE can do in the past and twice a year when we play KC. I want one. Now. Herbert isn't getting any younger.
            will volunteer a guess that Kincaid would mend the gap somewhere in the 80s or so.... ??

Washington in the 70s, Mayer in the 60s, and..... guessing team Tommy John would nonetheless/still really love to go a 1-2 of Mayer Foskey.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

I'd take Everrett at $6.5 mil with almost identical stats to Shultz at $9 mil. I think Everrett has been getting the short end of the stick throughout his career. I think he would have been even more productive if Keenan and MW were playing. Teams were able to zero in on him more with those two off the field because he was the biggest threat other than EK. I'll take a top 10 TE any day. Now I am not saying not to draft a TE, just saying Everrett is better than people seem to be giving him credit for. I would love to draft a player like Zack Kuntz in the 4th and extend Everrett for a couple years. Everrett is a playmaker in this offense and should line him up in multiple position like HB/TE/Slot/Out Wide.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                I'd take Everrett at $6.5 mil with almost identical stats to Shultz at $9 mil. I think Everrett has been getting the short end of the stick throughout his career. I think he would have been even more productive if Keenan and MW were playing. Teams were able to zero in on him more with those two off the field because he was the biggest threat other than EK. I'll take a top 10 TE any day. Now I am not saying not to draft a TE, just saying Everrett is better than people seem to be giving him credit for. I would love to draft a player like Zack Kuntz in the 4th and extend Everrett for a couple years. Everrett is a playmaker in this offense and should line him up in multiple position like HB/TE/Slot/Out Wide.
                I agree with you about Everett but I'm all in for a second TE from this year's draft. I think our new OC likes to use a two TE formation, I also think our QB would prosper from having 12 personnel offense and also because Everett will be playing his last season under this contract and may not be back again. Final reason - this is a good year to get a TE. I can't recall so many good TEs from a single draft before.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

will volunteer a guess that Kincaid would mend the gap somewhere in the 80s or so.... ??

Washington in the 70s, Mayer in the 60s, and..... guessing team Tommy John would nonetheless/still really love to go a 1-2 of Mayer Foskey.
                  Washington is off the charts as a blocker. He brings a lot to the offense in Moore's 2 TE formations.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I want a proven weapon at 21, not a blocker. Kraft in later rounds is fine for TE3.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Washington is off the charts as a blocker. He brings a lot to the offense in Moore's 2 TE formations.
                      I'll take the pass catcher w/3x as many receptions as your blocking TE.... thank you.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

He jumped out of the way of Herbie’s pick six pass against KC, quit on the play. He was tired … waaaa.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I'll take the pass catcher w/3x as many receptions as your blocking TE.... thank you.
                          Modern Football.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X