• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Imagine if the Chargers drafted RB Kendre Miller, TE Zack Kuntz and WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton...

Redzone Offense:

Mike Williams: 6-4, 220
    Bryce Ford-Wheaton: 6-4, 220
    Donald Parham: 6-8, 240
    Zack Kuntz: 6-7, 255
    Kendre Miller, 6-0, 220

LOL! Good night and good luck...
    Better than Spiller but why when there are 6 backs better than him? Sure...fast when running thru holes but awkward after hits. Bijan,Gibbs, Achane, Roshon, Tucker, Evans all better than this guy. Who does the eval for the Chargers? Might explain all the failures because they absolutely stink at it.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Zach Evans Highlight film.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ah, but "El Condor" Washington is so much more than just a "blocking" TE...he can also:

1. Catch the rock effectively with that wingspan of a Condor
        2. Fight for tough yardage
        3. Help out in pass pro
        4. Improve our ground game
        5. Fill in at OT if needed
        6. Even play RB on 4th and short (6-7, 270#--now THAT'S a handful to tackle!)

El Condor can do many things...definitely NOT a one-trick pony...
        Perhaps but the fact is he couldnt beat out a true freshman at Georgia. Granted that guy who is now going to be a junior and i want him as our TE in 2024 badly.

There are things to like about Washington but as a true #1 TE he dont check all the boxes for me. Bowers do....and Kincaid i like as a weapon for us.
        If we do not get Kincaid and end up with a later round TE, then cool, we will ride with Everett in the last year of his contract and Bowers is my 2024 target right away.

And come on TC, Washington isnt going to play any RB for us and at 265-270 probably isnt going to play any OT either unless he has a hard time staying around 270.
        I can see him moving to OT at some point in his career though. Said that a while ago.
        JJ Watt was a TE in college before moving to DL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Better than Spiller but why when there are 6 backs better than him? Sure...fast when running thru holes but awkward after hits. Bijan,Gibbs, Achane, Roshon, Tucker, Evans all better than this guy. Who does the eval for the Chargers? Might explain all the failures because they absolutely stink at it.
          Based on what? I can see us drafting Gibbs but not Ashane and Tucker is meh. I dont see him better than Spiller.
          Again ill say, Spiller was good in college and to label him or any player a bust after his rookie season is foolish.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Based on what? I can see us drafting Gibbs but not Ashane and Tucker is meh. I dont see him better than Spiller.
            Again ill say, Spiller was good in college and to label him or any rookie a bust after his rookie season is foolish.
            You have absolutely NO SKILLS in evaluating RBs. If you can't SEE it I can't help you!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

You have absolutely NO SKILLS in evaluating RBs. If you can't SEE it I can't help you!
              And you do? You are labeling rookies a bust after one season when they had an injury that held them back. Thats foolish. Ill take my evals over yours anyday on any players. So NO you cant help me at all.
              Hec im the one that brought attention to Rochon weeks ago but i dont know how to eval RBs? lol. Seems you suddedly like him now.

Ashane is just too small. I dont want him because he isnt good. I dont want him because he is small. Speed isnt everything, and i cant say that enough. Means nothing when you are injured a lot. He is going to be arm tackled often.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

And you do? You are labeling rookies a bust after one season when they had an injury that held them back. Thats foolish. Ill take my evals over yours anyday on any players. Hec im the one that brought attention to Rochon weeks ago but i dont know how to eval RBs? lol. Seems you suddedly like him now.

Ashane is just too small. I dont want him because he isnt good. I dont want him because he is small. Speed isnt everything, and i cant say that enough. Means nothing when you are injured a lot.
                I don't care if it's foolish or not just results. I do not see any elite traits in Spiller that will translate to the NFL level ,,, None! There are six backs that are better than Spiller in this draft...Better Vision, Cutting ability, Good contact balance, Smooth acceleration on demand...second gear!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Perhaps but the fact is he couldnt beat out a true freshman at Georgia. Granted that guy who is now going to be a junior and i want him as our TE in 2024 badly.

There are things to like about Washington but as a true #1 TE he dont check all the boxes for me. Bowers do....and Kincaid i like as a weapon for us.
                  If we do not get Kincaid and end up with a later round TE, then cool, we will ride with Everett in the last year of his contract and Bowers is my 2024 target right away.

And come on TC, Washington isnt going to play any RB for us and at 265-270 probably isnt going to play any OT either unless he has a hard time staying around 270.
                  I can see him moving to OT at some point in his career though. Said that a while ago.
                  JJ Watt was a TE in college before moving to DL.
                  TRUE TE? No. One-of-a-kind Chargers TE in Moore's offense? Yes.
                  I like Washington, Kincaid, Mayer in no particular order, let the draft board and Moore sort them out but draft one.
                  ..and if Bijan is there, take him.Go downstream for TE.

I don't advocate a position change for Darrell but one of my favorite players, "Dirty" Dielman played TE in college before he moved to DT and Marty moved him to OG.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I don't care if it's foolish or not just results. I do not see any elite traits in Spiller that will translate to the NFL level ,,, None! There are six backs that are better than Spiller in this draft...Better Vision, Cutting ability, Good contact balance, Smooth acceleration on demand...second gear!
                    OK, if he does well next season will you eat crow?
                    To say a player in college is better than Spiller without taking one NFL snap IS foollish and im sorry you dont like that word. Dont mean to piss you off or anyone else but it is and any pundit or scout will say the same thing.
                    Tucker had very similar stats but he is better? Tucker had more carries in his best season but overall their YPC are the same (both of their college carrer stats) Spillers is actually a tick better to split hairs on it.

Im just saying you cant judge a rookie on his rookie year and declare him a bust. Not the best way to do Evals but go ahead. I just wont take you seriously doing it. Its not just RBs, its every possition. You only need to look at Pipkins as an example.
                    They say evals on draft classes should be 3 years, not one. Kelly made strides in year 3 but he just dont have the wiggle or power.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

OK, if he does well next season will you eat crow?
                      To say a player in college is better than Spiller without taking one NFL snap IS foollish and im sorry you dont like that word. Dont mean to piss you off or anyone else but it is and any pundit or scout will say the same thing.
                      Tucker had very similar stats but he is better? Tucker had more carries in his best season but overall their YPC are the same (both of their college carrer stats) Spillers is actually a tick better to split hairs on it.

Im just saying you cant judge a rookie on his rookie year and declare him a bust. Not the best way to do Evals but go ahead. I just wont take you seriously doing it. Its not just RBs, its every possition. You only need to look at Pipkins as an example.
                      They say evals on draft classes should be 3 years, not one. Kelly made strides in year 3 but he just dont have the wiggle or power.

Comments like this is why I can't help you. Some people are good at math, or music, or painting etc. etc. etc. You do not have any skills in evaluating RBs. Kelly is still twice the RB of Spiller.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Zach Evans Highlight film.

IF we don't get Bijan, the only other 3 backs Id be happy with in this draft initially are Gibbs, Zach Evans, or Chase Brown! The UCLA RB was a great college RB but unsure he'll be all that at the pro-level.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

LOL! You have 1 RB that is a for sure #1 RB... Bijan. But let's face it... he's going to Chicago or Philadelphia.
                          Gibbs and Achane are RBBC types... and then you have A BUNCH of RB's that have very little separation (depending on which pundit has your ear)...
                          The Chargers met with Kendre Miller (hence by hypothetical).
                          The current roster looks like RBBC is the philosophy...
                          The one RB that looks like a #1 RB (not named Bijan) could be Zach Charbonnet... if he slipped to the 3rd round...

My personal favorites for 1st/2nd round are CB and EDGE.
                          There is zero reason to become enamored with a RB... and over-draft said RB... IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X