Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    restricted free agents: T Joe Barksdale, QB Kellen Clemens, WR Malcom Floyd, TE Antonio Gates, TE Ladarius Green, T Chris Hairston, TE David Johnson, T Jeff Linkenbach, DE Ricardo Mathews, LB Joe Mays, TE John Phillips, DE Kendall Reyes, G Johnnie Troutman, CB Cassius Vaughn, C J.D. Walton, S Eric Weddle.

Truthfully, you move on without signing any of them.

I'm sure Gates will get re-signed but a year early instead of a year too late. Plus, give him a chance to sign with a contender.
    how do you then fill all the resulting holes created? We don't have unlimited draft picks and FAs have to be part of your roster, even 2nd tier guys as rotation or backups.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      I agree for the most part, but I also like Ricardo Mathews.
      And id let Wiggins walk. I dont see Patrick Robinson on that list and i believe he had a one year deal. Id resign him.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-10-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        restricted free agents: T Joe Barksdale, QB Kellen Clemens, WR Malcom Floyd, TE Antonio Gates, TE Ladarius Green, T Chris Hairston, TE David Johnson, T Jeff Linkenbach, DE Ricardo Mathews, LB Joe Mays, TE John Phillips, DE Kendall Reyes, G Johnnie Troutman, CB Cassius Vaughn, C J.D. Walton, S Eric Weddle.

Truthfully, you move on without signing any of them.

I'm sure Gates will get re-signed but a year early instead of a year too late. Plus, give him a chance to sign with a contender.
        We have to resign at least one of the TE. There is no way we can have a rookie starting at TE and there is no way we can get a real starter at the TE spot. They just don't hit FA.

Plus there are just too many FA on that list to replace in one year, unless you are comfortable using mostly UDFA, which is what didn't work all that well this season.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Reyes and Liuget are not very good DE, and it has hurt our run defense for years. They also are inconsistent pass rushers. Everyone knocks our NT, but it is the play of the DE that just sucks balls. I think both would be much more effective as 3 technique DT in 43 defenses, which would be a good reason to let them go.

David Johnson has been miscast as a FB in our offense. He is a much better inline blocker, which is good because he is the only true inline TE who can block on the roster. Gates and Green are both slot TE or Hbacks.
          Better than what? Green and Gates put that bar mighty low. He is a horrible fullback and a mediocre blocking TE.

Comment

Working...
          X