I’d trade him for Myles Garrett. In a red hot second
    Well . . . . YES

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
      I've vented on Joey enough. He's still a Bolt, and as such, I'm pulling for him to excel for us this year. Hoping he channels his energy into honing his game. The off-season should give his injury plenty of time to heal.
      I too have made my opinion about Joey's actions well known. It's time to move on. I admire Wu's optimism, and truly hope that he's correct; that Joey finds some motivation in all of this mess to do some real self evaluation and improves his mindset. He's a good player, and much better than anyone else we can field at his position (at this time anyway). I'm not upset enough to want him gone without an adequate replacement.

Moving on - done with JB bashing.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I'm not the perfect little guy that some of you seem to be. I just don't think trading words with a fan that was taunting him is a big deal. I'm pretty sure that back in the day I would have had a word or two for that guy.

Now, I'm a strong believer in Jesus so I'd probably just smile at the guy and wish him a nice day.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I'm not the perfect little guy that some of you seem to be. I just don't think trading words with a fan that was taunting him is a big deal. I'm pretty sure that back in the day I would have had a word or two for that guy.

Now, I'm a strong believer in Jesus so I'd probably just smile at the guy and wish him a nice day.
          Professional athletes, and anyone in a celebrity position really, have different standards of behavior the those of us muggles. Even higher standards are required for those athletes involved in team sports, since their actions reflect on the entire organization, not just themselves.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

i agree with that but the choice of words was stupid

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Not sure if this was meant for me but I’ll say this, I was one of joey’s biggest supporters here, laughing at people suggesting that we trade him, but he crossed a line and when you add up all the pieces, let’s be 100% honest here, what has he done to earn the money the chargers have been paying him? several years after joeys deal, maxx crosby signed a lesser deal, if that doesn’t illustrate how overpaid joey has been I don’t know what does, because right now, performance wise on the field, joey can’t even come close to maxx crosby!

and as someone who has been sober now going on 27 years, lost a marriage to my drug and alcohol issues, and damn lucky I didn’t lose my life, I root for a guy like crosby, people can change for the better, crosby has, I did, and I think it’s really wrong to bring up his addiction as a means to discredit what he said…who in their right mind wouldn’t trade joey for crosby right now?
              There is plenty to unpack here. This rabbit hole is deep.

First and foremost, I have compassion for your story.

So, with your understanding of what recovery entails, how the fuck is Maxx Crosby someone I am being "unfair" to ?

If anything, Maxx is being "unfair" to Joey !

Recovery does not involve being destructive towards someone else with issues. As a matter of fact, that is a big red flag.

If we are being personal here, I repeat that I miraculously survived a head on collision--negligent uninsured dude was going 85mph--right when Joey was drafted.

Let me break it down for you brutha. That Friday morning, Day 2 NFL Draft, I was literally sitting on a bed in the Regional Trauma Center with nine staples in my skull. I said to myself, "well at least the Chargers drafted Joey Bosa last night." No joke. LOL.

Yes, this is personal. I remain optimistic about Joey helping us win Super Bowls.

We will see if Big Mouth Maxx ever gets a QB as good as Herbert.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is plenty to unpack here. This rabbit hole is deep.

First and foremost, I have compassion for your story.

So, with your understanding of what recovery entails, how the fuck is Maxx Crosby someone I am being "unfair" to ?

If anything, Maxx is being "unfair" to Joey !

Recovery does not involve being destructive towards someone else with issues. As a matter of fact, that is a big red flag.

If we are being personal here, I repeat that I miraculously survived a head on collision--negligent uninsured dude was going 85mph--right when Joey was drafted.

Let me break it down for you brutha. That Friday morning, Day 2 NFL Draft, I was literally sitting on a bed in the Regional Trauma Center with nine staples in my skull. I said to myself, "well at least the Chargers drafted Joey Bosa last night." No joke. LOL.

Yes, this is personal. I remain optimistic about Joey helping us win Super Bowls.

We will see if Big Mouth Maxx ever gets a QB as good as Herbert.
                Can we agree on one thing? As Joey will more likely than not continue being a part of this team going forward, would it not be warranted, especially in light of how much money he makes, if he could at the least behave like a professional on the field? The guy is not 22 years old anymore. Obviously he won’t do it off the field, but at least that doesn’t get us a penalty that could keep us from winning…so is it asking too much that he keeps his comments about officials to himself on the field AND in pressers and just focuses on being a pro?

if you agree with anything I just asked then you should understand why some of us are disappointed…it’s not beyond repair, but he has to at least act like he gives a shit going forward…otherwise more and more CHARGER fans (not joey fans) are going to want him gone…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Exactly.
                  But I did say "piling on."
                  And I did mention Kyler Murray.

I see signs of Joey having issues.
                  "Butt buddies."
                  Really ?
                  His woman shooed him away.
                  Why was Joey in PHI ?
                  To support his kid brother, DPOY.
                  Tell ya what F2H, I smell something familiar.
                  It's Freudian.
                  It's Chargering.
                  We are all infected, friend.
                  It's why I spoke up.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Exactly.
                    But I did say "piling on."
                    And I did mention Kyler Murray.

I see signs of Joey having issues.
                    "Butt buddies."
                    Really ?
                    His woman shooed him away.
                    Why was Joey in PHI ?
                    To support his kid brother, DPOY.
                    Tell ya what F2H, I smell something familiar.
                    It's Freudian.
                    It's Chargering.
                    We are all infected, friend.
                    It's why I spoke up.
                    Not so sure if Joey has issues. It's much more likely that he just doesn't think before acting.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Not so sure if Joey has issues. It's much more likely that he just doesn't think before acting.
                      It is documented that Joey sought help for depression.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Of course. He plays for the Chargers

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Maybe I should have said 'still' has issues . . . hopefully he's put all of that behind him. It can be hard to tell if it's a real mental issue or just an 'asshole' issue.

True depression can be pretty tough to shake off. I've seen it first hand; both my wife's parents passed within 4 months of each other. It took her a year and a half to get back to normal. Grief started it but depression set in quickly afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X