• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

I like the hire. He's been very successful in Dallas, Dak Prescott's abilities being the limiter. He should be successful with Herbert. He can probably take over as head coach mid-season if need be.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Gotta love public forums. Let's bury the guy before he is even in the building.
      it is the internet way. :-)

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

So you’re underwhelmed by Moore?
        Pas du tout!

I would have been underwhelmed with some guy from the Rams or someone trained to be a Shanahan clone.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Gotta love public forums. Let's bury the guy before he is even in the building.
          I see the same people who were demanding fealty to Lombardi are at it again,
          policing ambiguity and critiquing those who are not bubbling with joy over the hire.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
            I am on board. Seems like a good hire, and Chargers clearly wanted him.

Young but experienced as OC, a prolific college QB that should relate well with Herbert.
            Given who we had as QB backups on our team maybe we should ask him if he can sub for a game also in a pinch! (Sorry could resist...LOL!)
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

His resume is much better than Lombardi's was when Lombardi was hired.

Good that they were quick and decisive about it. Guy was out of a job for less than 24 hours.
              Somehow I have a feeling Herbert gave his thumbs-up meaning he really liked him as a coach/person.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

They seem to hate Dak, and their RBs, lol.

Comment

• TTThunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Does he need his type of players to succeed (like Staley)?

I'd prefer coach who can utilize / maximize current players he has...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2021
                    • Send PM

Someone asked where we were on 2nd half points. 2022 28th. Surprisingly 7th in 2021.

Dallas 2022 last 3 games 2nd half scoring 6.3 so maybe thats why KM got canned. lol Their loss our gain.

Seriously, McCarthy always calls his own plays, so keeping KM would be redundant and usurp his play calling power. It had nothing to do with KM's play calling, he just wanted total control.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ate=2023-02-12
                    Last edited by Tomdutchy; 01-31-2023, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I feel like the Chargers hired the best OC available. And I think he is going to be terrific.

And I think that even if the Chargers have the number one overall offense in points and yards and dominate opponents, someone here will find some statistic that they are lagging in and lament and gnash teeth and rent their garments.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I feel like the Chargers hired the best OC available. And I think he is going to be terrific.

And I think that even if the Chargers have the number one overall offense in points and yards and dominate opponents, someone here will find some statistic that they are lagging in and lament and gnash teeth and rent their garments.

TG
                        I think it is a very good hire too - the more I read about him. I like that he has a few years calling plays, teams wanted him to be interview for HC jobs and he can take that experience and bring it to the Chargers.

I do wonder what he thinks of Noah Brown. Buy low type guy that just needs more experience

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I see the same people who were demanding fealty to Lombardi are at it again,
                          policing ambiguity and critiquing those who are not bubbling with joy over the hire.
                          Demanded fealty to Lombardi? Not in the least. Pointing out that injuries to the line, your QB, your WR core and a lack of speed can affect what an OC can call? Absolutely.

You didn't like Lombardi. You're underwhelmed by Moore, would be underwhelmed by anyone from the Rams and are also saying you'd be underwhelmed by any Shanahan disciple. Casting a wide net of people that underwhelm you. Who would you be excited about hiring as our OC?

Comment

Working...
                          X