• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m pretty sure Lombardi had input in picking some of his offensive staff as well. Frank Smith for example.
    I was under the impression that staley signed several of his offensive assistants, like day and beattty…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I feel like the Chargers hired the best OC available. And I think he is going to be terrific.

And I think that even if the Chargers have the number one overall offense in points and yards and dominate opponents, someone here will find some statistic that they are lagging in and lament and gnash teeth and rent their garments.

TG
      i agree, except that Staley is the HC and he is in charge. If he did not like Lombardi's game plans, it was his job to change them. In 2 years he did not. So now the OC was the easy cheap scapegoat.....
      but the HC was responsible.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I think you draft RT on Day Two as insurance. Insurance from what? From Storm Norton having significant playing time for a third year in a row.
        I’m sorry, but if you have storm norton making the roster to start 2023, I think a lot of people need to lose their jobs…there is no way that man should be anywhere near the facility this offseason…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Demanded fealty to Lombardi? Not in the least. Pointing out that injuries to the line, your QB, your WR core and a lack of speed can affect what an OC can call? Absolutely.

You didn't like Lombardi. You're underwhelmed by Moore, would be underwhelmed by anyone from the Rams and are also saying you'd be underwhelmed by any Shanahan disciple. Casting a wide net of people that underwhelm you. Who would you be excited about hiring as our OC?
          Where did I say that i was underwhelmed with Moore?

Here, this was my immediate reaction to my hiring. Will this be good enough for you?

​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

i agree, except that Staley is the HC and he is in charge. If he did not like Lombardi's game plans, it was his job to change them. In 2 years he did not. So now the OC was the easy cheap scapegoat.....
            but the HC was responsible.
            In the Rams game, it seemed as if Staley helped out Lombo with his knowledge in the personnel of that defense.
            Their end of the year winning streak against losing teams came about when the D stepped up, not because the offense woke up.

A head coach passing himself off as a less than average defensive coordinator has little time for the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
              Some guys cannot control their urge to post their dick picks
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Justin Herbert himself pushed for KM. They already had a working relationship from doing a series of car dealership commercials together. Obviously not the same thing as real football related stuff, but I think they’ve actually known each other for years.
                LOL, that was hilarious. Car dealer commercials … just fucking hilarious!
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

LOL, that was hilarious. Car dealer commercials … just fucking hilarious!
                  The arm chair QB ones with herbert are really funny too, whoever KM hired to produce their commercials is doing a fantastic job…

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Where did I say that i was underwhelmed with Moore?

Here, this was my immediate reaction to my hiring. Will this be good enough for you?

​​
                    Too lazy to go back and look, thought you said prepare to be underwhelmed, but I could have read that wrong.

As always, people can post whatever they want and have any reaction they want on a public forum, as I do.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Too lazy to go back and look, thought you said prepare to be underwhelmed, but I could have read that wrong.

As always, people can post whatever they want and have any reaction they want on a public forum, as I do.
                      I did look back, and it seems like a "telephone" thing. PBB said he expected a Staley hire, but KM does not seem like one as he didn't fall in the Shanahan tree.

Back to the discussion... I personally like the hire, and look forward to 'change'. I don't expect a massive upgrade though, hope KM proves otherwise. Looking back, it does seem like Staley settled on Lombardi,who wasn't his best choice but was familiar. KM may not fit his ideal hire, but I think he was the best possible of what was available.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pas du tout!

I would have been underwhelmed with some guy from the Rams or someone trained to be a Shanahan clone.
                        To be fair, there’s been some decent offensive minds from both the McVay and Shanahan tree.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

The reaction of Cowboy fans is interesting. All coordinators are polarizing but the range of the Chargers are doomed because Moore is incompetent to the Chargers will win now win the Super Bowl because Moore doesn't have to game plan around Dak's limitations is funny.

Comment

Working...
                          X