• New Jersey
    • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      I like that much better. He can have someone else he trusts be his eyes in the sky. Be on the field where he can talk to all his players and the officials, compare notes with the other coaches.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I like that much better. He can have someone else he trusts be his eyes in the sky. Be on the field where he can talk to all his players and the officials, compare notes with the other coaches.
        100%. I know there have been good coaches up in the booth. I know it can happen. And I suppose they see some things from that height that may get missed down on the field.

But I HATED seeing Lombo there. I want our OC right there with Herbie, in his ear and going over the replays. I want him talking to the line and receivers. Everyone. He can see how tired a TE might be and swap him out.

Love that he's down on the field!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

100%. I know there have been good coaches up in the booth. I know it can happen. And I suppose they see some things from that height that may get missed down on the field.

But I HATED seeing Lombo there. I want our OC right there with Herbie, in his ear and going over the replays. I want him talking to the line and receivers. Everyone. He can see how tired a TE might be and swap him out.

Love that he's down on the field!
          It works fine both ways, it fails both ways. it depends on the coach. I am 100% fine with him being on the sideline if thats what he likes, I just don’t think that was the cause of Lombo’s failings. It was more fundamental - The rushing attack never even showed up to the field on game day in a credible way, it didnt matter where he was standing. IF anything, being up in the sky should have made the problem more visible to him.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

It works fine both ways, it fails both ways. it depends on the coach. I am 100% fine with him being on the sideline if thats what he likes, I just don’t think that was the cause of Lombo’s failings. It was more fundamental - The rushing attack never even showed up to the field on game day in a credible way, it didnt matter where he was standing. IF anything, being up in the sky should have made the problem more visible to him.
            Oh he knew about the problem . . . .. . . . . . . . . . there were probably one or two Bedouins living in cave somewhere who didn't - but everyone else knew. Lombardi just couldn't FIX it . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Oh he knew about the problem . . . .. . . . . . . . . . there were probably one or two Bedouins living in cave somewhere who didn't - but everyone else knew. Lombardi just couldn't FIX it . . . . . . . . . .
              Agree. Putting him on the sideline wouldn’t have helped him. He spent OTAs, TC, PS games and practice every week unable to install an effective rush game for 2 years, he wasn’t gonna magically do it by being on the sideline in the midst of a game.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Dear Kellen,

Explain to clueless Telesco you need a better swing tackle or the season is doomed.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                  Dear Kellen,

Explain to clueless Telesco you need a better swing tackle or the season is doomed.
                  Do you really think Telesco makes these decisions in a void and that Staley and Moore have no input into building the roster? That they don't meet to decide where to spend their money and what positions need upgrading via free agency or the draft?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Do you really think Telesco makes these decisions in a void and that Staley and Moore have no input into building the roster? That they don't meet to decide where to spend their money and what positions need upgrading via free agency or the draft?
                    Do you really not understand sarcasm? I’m posting concepts that don’t require literal interpretations to critique.

Now if you believe our swing tackle room is just fine and dandy then we actually do have a disagreement.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Do you really not understand sarcasm? I’m posting concepts that don’t require literal interpretations to critique.

Now if you believe our swing tackle room is just fine and dandy then we actually do have a disagreement.
                      It's hard to tell from certain posters at time, based on people's view of things. It could be that Moore believed WR was a bigger need than swing tackle, which is not out of the question seeing where we spent draft capital.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

We should probably wait to anoint Moore the second coming until we, you know, actually see or hear something interesting from the offense. So far we have a nice running game against what appears to be an inept Rams defense and another very low average yards per pass. One deep ball that QJ dropped but that’s it. I’m not seeing the genius yet. And yes I know it’s pre season

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          We should probably wait to anoint Moore the second coming until we, you know, actually see or hear something interesting from the offense. So far we have a nice running game against what appears to be an inept Rams defense and another very low average yards per pass. One deep ball that QJ dropped but that’s it. I’m not seeing the genius yet. And yes I know it’s pre season
                          Stay in your comfort zone.
                          Moore's Dallas O was very good - excellent 3 of 4 years. That wasn't LAC.
                          He may be better here.
                          The indications are good but you're right. It's not a fact until it is.
                          We'll have a better picture by the bye week but it's postseason play that matters.

Comment

Working...
                          X