• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Who are you going to replace Keenan with on the Chargers’ roster?
    I’m sure chiefs fans said the same thing about Hill. These guys don’t play forever. At some point everybody has to be replaced. Question is when do you do it

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Fair question to ask. How many games is Keenan going to miss this season? Also a fair question to ask.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m sure chiefs fans said the same thing about Hill. These guys don’t play forever. At some point everybody has to be replaced. Question is when do you do it
        You do it a year too early rather than a year too late.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Because you deserve a real answer....You really should pop into the Chargers draft thread where I rank my choices at OT, WR, TE, & DT. I posit going OT in the first and drafting WR in the later rounds as it is deep in WRs. Come join the discussion on offense.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Hill was traded and is still playing at a high level. Some people here want Allen released to make cap room. There is also a big difference between the Chargers
            and Chiefs. Chiefs have Reid, Mahomes and Kelce. The Chargers have Staley, Herbert and ?.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Because you deserve a real answer....You really should pop into the Chargers draft thread where I rank my choices at OT, WR, TE, & DT. I posit going OT in the first and drafting WR in the later rounds as it is deep in WRs. Come join the discussion on offense.
              Some people claim the talent at WR drops off a cliff after the first 5 or so guys. Who to believe?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Some people claim the talent at WR drops off a cliff after the first 5 or so guys. Who to believe?
                Spend some time with Boltnut and Texan Beer Lover posts in the draft threads and there is more in-depth discussion on these later round WR prospects. You'll see what we're on about in the RT in the 1st and WR in the later rounds we are passionately advocating.

As for me, I like to write on my day off and I bought some great coffee.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Spend some time with Boltnut and Texan Beer Lover posts in the draft threads and there is more in-depth discussion on these later round WR prospects. You'll see what we're on about in the RT in the 1st and WR in the later rounds we are passionately advocating.

As for me, I like to write on my day off and I bought some great coffee.
                  Just a question. You honestly believe a late round WR in this draft will replace Allen?

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Jarvis Landry.

Cut Allen, Cut Mack. Offer Allen $~6-7m a year & bring Van Noy back at ~$5m a year.

Landry signed for $3m last year, is the same type of player Allen is, and isn't $12m worse than Allen. He's a really good player.

You can get most of Macks production with Van Noy for $15m+ cheaper.

Basically guys just ask yourself what would Belichik do?

We need more players like Van Noy, Bryce Callahan, DeAndre Carter, Morgan Fox.....that type of football player.

This football team has a permanent annual habit most years of avoiding the middle class entirely. They have stars & then complete slapdicks. Most years they have entire position groups of slapdicks that aren't even practice squad caliber. Then the injury bug hits and they have no depth and get completely wiped out.

I'd rather let Allen go and bring back Van Noy, Tranquil and Pipkins vs having Allen back and losing those guys and opening up week 1 with a Foster Sarell at right tackle & Troy Reeder starting at LB.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Just a question. You honestly believe a late round WR in this draft will replace Allen?
                      Did losing WR1 Tyreek Hill sink the 2023 Chiefs or did their later round draft picks at the skill position secure another world championship?

2022 1 1 21 21 Trent McDuffie DB Washington
                      2 1 30 30 George Karlaftis DE Purdue
                      3 2 22 54 Skyy Moore WR Western Michigan
                      4 2 30 62 Bryan Cook DB Cincinnati
                      5 3 39 103 Leo Chenal LB Wisconsin
                      6 4 30 135 Joshua Williams DB Fayetteville State
                      7 5 2 145 Darian Kinnard T Kentucky
                      8 7 22 243 Jaylen Watson DB Washington State
                      9 7 30 251 Isaih Pacheco RB Rutgers
                      10 7 38 259 Nazeeh Johnson DB Marshall
                      Did the Dallas Cowboys go in the tank on offense as predicted by the nattering nabobs of negativity when they lost OL La'el Collins, WR Amari Cooper, and WR Cedrick Wilson?

2022 1 1 24 24 Tyler Smith T Tulsa
                      2 2 24 56 Sam Williams DE Mississippi
                      3 3 24 88 Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama
                      4 4 24 129 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin
                      5 5 12 155 Matt Waletzko T North Dakota
                      6 5 24 167 DaRon Bland DB Fresno State
                      7 5 33 176 Damone Clark LB Louisiana State
                      8 5 35 178 John Ridgeway DT Arkansas
                      9 6 14 193 Devin Harper LB Oklahoma State
                      IMO, both KC and Dallas reloaded on offense and defense with excellent drafts and achieved playoff berths, both surpassing the previous seasons' results. Same story with Seattle. Built their lines first, then went to the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Did losing WR1 Tyreek Hill sink the 2023 Chiefs or did their later round draft picks at the skill position secure another world championship?

Did the Dallas Cowboys go in the tank on offense as predicted by the nattering nabobs of negativity when they lost OL La'el Collins, WR Amari Cooper, and WR Cedrick Wilson?

IMO, both KC and Dallas reloaded on offense and defense with excellent drafts and achieved playoff berths, both surpassing the pervious seasons' results. Same story with Seattle. Built their lines first, then went to the playoffs.
                        Yep this team is only gonna go as far as TTs drafting skills can take em.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The Chiefs also brought in Juju Schuster-Smith + Marquez Valdes-Scantling in FA and Kadarius Toney through trade at WR. It wasn't just the draft.

Toney’s heroics, and receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster’s performance in the fourth quarter, once again showed that the Chiefs could win despite the departure of star receiver Tyreek Hill, who was traded to the Miami Dolphins during the offseason.

Last spring, the Chiefs signed Smith-Schuster — a former Long Beach Poly High and USC star — and Marquez Valdes-Scantling but they still desired more speed.

So they traded for Toney in late October.

Toney, 24, was the 20th pick by the New York Giants in the 2021 draft, but injuries and other issues characterized his short stay in New York.

As a rookie, he caught 39 passes for 420 yards and no touchdowns in 10 games. The Chiefs gave up for a 2023 third-round compensatory pick and a 2023 sixth-round pick to give them another speedy option, and he caught 14 passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns in seven games.

On Sunday, he did not have a target until Mahomes found him wide open on the right side for a touchdown.

After the Eagles went three and out, Toney caught a punt, started to his left, and then broke to his right. He ran down the sideline in front of the Eagles’ bench to the five, setting up Skyy Moore’s short touchdown catch to put the Chiefs ahead 35-27 with 9:22 left.

Toney said special teams coordinator Dave Toub had been “drilling in our head all week, ‘Nobody ever did anything punt return-wise or whatever in the Super Bowl.’”

So he took upon himself to change that.

“I just tried to show ‘em,” Toney said, “I ain’t played in it yet.”

Smith-Schuster had only two catches through the first three quarters, but Mahomes started the fourth quarter with a 14-yard pass to him and then found him twice more to set up the touchdown pass to Toney. Smith-Schuster also caught two passes during the game-winning drive.

“It’s just the opportunity, when it presents itself, you take full advantage,” said Smith-Schuster, who caught seven passes for 53 yards.

“I’m not the type of guy who cares about stats, catches, who gets the ball, whatnot.

“All I care about is winning, and when you win everyone’s so happy. But I’m glad I got the opportunity to make the plays I can for my team and to put us in position to win this game.”
                          - LATimes

Comment

Working...
                          X