• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

As I see it, we already need two new WRs. If they trade KA, they need three.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just see a team that lost a lead in a playoff game 27 zip
      A defense that couldn't get off the field on third down
      An offense that was terrible in the second halves of games, very few explosive plays. The Chargers offense was painful to watch this year
      I look at the roster - see one name that stands out. Allen can take a pay cut - thats fine. If he is back, he is back
      But the Chargers NEED more explosive play makers on the offensive side of the ball

They need a fast guy that can stretch the defense and get deep
      They need a guy like AJ Brown who is physical with the ball after the call.
      And a reliable TE who creates mismatches and can block

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And a reliable TE who creates mismatches and can block
        Nobody likes what we saw from Everett this year?
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I think Everett is mentioned as Popper mentioned him as a cap cut

So it looks like the Chargers are going to draft a WR and TE this year because Telesco basically whiffed on McKitty and Palmer has been "okay".

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

In part Everett's numbers were good because Allen/MW missed a lot of games. He's OK, but not in the same category
            as a Gates.

When you have a QB like Herbert surrounding him with weapons and good blocking O line is essential
            if you want to win in today's NFL. It used to be that defense wins championships, now it's reversed. Unless you have
            an offense that can put up a lot of points you're not winning a SB.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

It is better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late. - AJ Smith

I have every bit the sentiment for the player as anyone here. But what changes the math - for me - is that stretch during this season when we played that game of whether or not our WR1 could go, week-after-week. And I swore I would never allow myself to be place in that situation ever again. I believe it is time to be aggressive. Why?

Raiders have 3 Super Bowls. Broncos have 3. Now, the Chiefs have 3. I'll let you color in the rest.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just see a team that lost a lead in a playoff game 27 zip
                A defense that couldn't get off the field on third down
                An offense that was terrible in the second halves of games, very few explosive plays. The Chargers offense was painful to watch this year
                I look at the roster - see one name that stands out. Allen can take a pay cut - thats fine. If he is back, he is back
                But the Chargers NEED more explosive play makers on the offensive side of the ball

They need a fast guy that can stretch the defense and get deep
                They need a guy like AJ Brown who is physical with the ball after the call.
                I guess the popular cliche would be to say addijg Moore and minusing Lombardi improves the offense but just having everybody healthy will improve the offense. Lombo didnt seem to change much in second halfs.
                Moore has to be better and I still think a better defense helps the most.

People say I'd like to score 35 a game.
                Philly did that and lost. The league leaders in sacks, had zero.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-13-2023, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  I guess the popular cliche would be to say addijg Moore and minusing Lombardi improves the offense but just having everybody healthy will improve the offense. Lombo didnt seem to change much in second halfs.
                  Moore has to be better id thinkstillntj8jona better defense helps the most.

People say I'd like to score 35 a game.
                  Philly did that and lost. The league leaders in sacks, had zero.
                  They lost because KC scored 38. Eagles rushed 4 for most of the game. That worked great for them in the regular season.
                  Didn't work at all in the SB. I don't they counted on the KC O line being that effective.

In today's NFL offense wins SBs. The day of defense wins championships is over. The passing game has evolved into something
                  that is unstoppable once you have the right QB.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

He was probably our best player against Jax.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

They lost because KC scored 38. Eagles rushed 4 for most of the game. That worked great for them in the regular season.
                      Didn't work at all in the SB. I don't they counted on the KC O line being that effective.

In today's NFL offense wins SBs. The day of defense wins championships is over. The passing game has evolved into something
                      Well unstoppable for Some teams.Sigh...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

All I know is this - the Eagles took a 7 zip lead and the Chiefs answered pretty quickly. The Chiefs didn't have one third down.
                        How many drives did the Chargers have this year where it seemed they needed to convert multiple third downs to score

The Chargers need to improve the offense while also trying get about $40m of cap. So from a cap perspective - Allen is the easiest to work with. JJ Watt was released two years ago by the Texans and he was a better player for Houston than Allen for the Chargers. It happens - older higher priced players get released.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I like Everett but I think we need two good TEs, plus Everett will be on his last year of his contract.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X