• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig440
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
    really don’t know Jack about Jack when it comes to funny football moneys. But Allen deserves a fair pay.
    I don't know either about the funny money workings. I tried to find the Allen open in end zone play on you tube but could only find one about a conspiracy theory that it was scripted. No way could Herbert miss that bad it said. It was a tic toc so I couldn't copy and paste.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2022
      • Send PM

I have not been following this...but releasing him because he cannot do the job anymore...well that's a no IMO...he has a lot of good years left unless he starts getting injury prone. If its because of money..well sometimes you can't control that I guess...off the top of my head guys we lost because of money...JJ, Sproles, Michael Turner I think..all mistakes...probably others.

All this talk about Bosa...i want to see what he can do in a season without injuries...but if he keeps getting hurt...I would say move on...but he is an impact player...I think his "Spicoli" manner of speaking sometimes subconsciously makes us think he is not focused :>) on football. It would be cool to see him and his brother on the same line but don't think SF would want to give up what it would take to get him...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
        I have not been following this...but releasing him because he cannot do the job anymore...well that's a no IMO...he has a lot of good years left unless he starts getting injury prone. If its because of money..well sometimes you can't control that I guess...off the top of my head guys we lost because of money...JJ, Sproles, Michael Turner I think..all mistakes...probably others.

All this talk about Bosa...i want to see what he can do in a season without injuries...but if he keeps getting hurt...I would say move on...but he is an impact player...I think his "Spicoli" manner of speaking sometimes subconsciously makes us think he is not focused :>) on football. It would be cool to see him and his brother on the same line but don't think SF would want to give up what it would take to get him...
        SF dont have the cap space either. If they did id take a first and Hufanga. Maybe they can rework his deal if they wanted him. But still, they only have 8.8 mil of cap space.

We should be able to get a first for him. Chubb brought the Broncos a first and he hasnt been that great and also injury prone. Buckner got SF a first from Indy.

Joey is highly regarded as an Edge rusher so id think a first is the minimum. Think we should be able to add another like a 3rd or a player.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

SF don't have a first this year !

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Without Allen, and Everett to a lesser extent, they don't have much of anything on offense ... the soon to be 28 Austin Ekeler and the undependable Mdub.

With Staley's D once again struggling to be in the top 25, they better nail their replacements in the draft and get immediate returns,
            or it will be a long year.

A one year 10 - 7 push year, and now the exodus of players .... the one year Telesco dynasty is coming to an end.
            Not what anyone had in mind 8 months ago.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              Without Allen, and Everett to a lesser extent, they don't have much of anything on offense ... the soon to be 28 Austin Ekeler and the undependable Mdub.

With Staley's D once again struggling to be in the top 25, they better nail their replacements in the draft and get immediate returns,
              or it will be a long year.

A one year 10 - 7 push year, and now the exodus of players .... the one year Telesco dynasty is coming to an end.
              Not what anyone had in mind 8 months ago.
              That’s the thing even with Allen we barely have a playoff O, only good enough to put up points if the D is giving us a short field. Woo. Makes us squarely a middle of the pack team - and that’s with almost everybody healthy. Slater + Vato - Allen = playoff Ws? Really? Really?

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Who would you replace Keenan with? The WR corps is already thin. KA is the one guy in that corps who knows how to consistently get open.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Who would you replace Keenan with? The WR corps is already thin. KA is the one guy in that corps who knows how to consistently get open.
                  Seriously. Not having Allen is gonna get Herbie killed back there.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Starting next season, it'll be different. Moore sets up different personnel groups and alignments -
                    but if the rush is close who can Herbert trust most?

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

The Chargers dug themselves a hole last year and now it's time to pay the piper. I see almost no scenario where the team is going to compete in '23. Guys are going to be cut, or traded - guys who will then proceed to light things up for their new team(s) - and we'll get next to nothing (if anything) in return. It's the Charger Way. Best we get this year behind us, clean house, and hopefully do it right on the 60th try. It's going to be a tough 2-3 years.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        The Chargers dug themselves a hole last year and now it's time to pay the piper. I see almost no scenario where the team is going to compete in '23. Guys are going to be cut, or traded - guys who will then proceed to light things up for their new team(s) - and we'll get next to nothing (if anything) in return. It's the Charger Way. Best we get this year behind us, clean house, and hopefully do it right on the 60th try. It's going to be a tough 2-3 years.
                        I think you are nuts, no offense intended. A healthy Herbert with a young improving oline keeps us in every game and a contender.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think you are nuts, no offense intended. A healthy Herbert with a young improving oline keeps us in every game and a contender.
                          We were only one game better last year than the year before. I guess that’s trending up? We’ll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X