welcome :novak:
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Also, a lot of us were pissed when Whiz flew to Tennessee to interview the week of the playoff game.

He's better than Reich though.
      No, alot of us were pissed with the Chargers having only eight pass attempts in the entire first half vs Denver. That and allowing the Broncos to convert on 3rd and 17.

I think we could have done better than Whiz but for what he is, is a good coach for Melvin Gordon's development.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Read that PR actually was the first to reach out to Whiz and ask him about coming back.

Comment

• Hard Charger
          Chargers fan since 1977!
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Whisenhunt is to Rivers as Schottenhiemer was to LT! In my opinion...

HC

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
            Whisenhunt is to Rivers as Schottenhiemer was to LT! In my opinion...

HC
            Actually, Norv was to Rivers as Schottenheimer was to LT. Norv just got stale and it affected PR at the end. Whiz was able to reset the offense so PR could thrive again.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Actually, Norv was to Rivers as Schottenheimer was to LT. Norv just got stale and it affected PR at the end. Whiz was able to reset the offense so PR could thrive again.
              Schottenheimer set up an offense that ensured Tomlinson would take a beating?

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                I guess my statement about "until the end" whereNorv refused to abandon his scheme, wasn't very clear. But Norv implemented an offense that helped Rivers get up to speed very quickly. Even Norv's harshest detractors (I count myself among them) acknowledge that.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I guess my statement about "until the end" whereNorv refused to abandon his scheme, wasn't very clear. But Norv implemented an offense that helped Rivers get up to speed very quickly. Even Norv's harshest detractors (I count myself among them) acknowledge that.
                  I don't acknowledge it. The only thing about Norv that may have helped Rivers is he gave Rivers a lot of practice throwing the ball. Norv ruined the running game and nearly got Rivers killed.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I don't acknowledge it. The only thing about Norv that may have helped Rivers is he gave Rivers a lot of practice throwing the ball. Norv ruined the running game and nearly got Rivers killed.
                    Ok

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

No, NOrv fired LT's protector (LoNeal) and "took everything away" from him, then handed the team to Rivers. AJ refused to draft OL and conspired with NOrv on long developing pass plays to enable the beatings for everyone. That's the Reader's Digest condensed version.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        No, NOrv fired LT's protector (LoNeal) and "took everything away" from him, then handed the team to Rivers. AJ refused to draft OL and conspired with NOrv on long developing pass plays to enable the beatings for everyone. That's the Reader's Digest condensed version.
                        I saw the movie.

Comment

Working...
                        X