• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

You don't need the NFLPA grades which I don't think even existed at that time for teams. I am pretty sure this team report card is new (I could be wrong).

Just look at our Super Bowl record for your answer.

The Chargers are now getting "gifted" another team practice facility that the Chargers will be "renting / leasing"

This is a repeat of San Diego team's practice facility and why I said you should expect the same results.
    I'm pretty sure the Chargers are paying for the new facility, not El Segundo. I remember that from the initial press release.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

You don't need the NFLPA grades which I don't think even existed at that time for teams. I am pretty sure this team report card is new (I could be wrong).

Just look at our Super Bowl record for your answer.

The Chargers are now getting "gifted" another team practice facility that the Chargers will be "renting / leasing"

This is a repeat of San Diego team's practice facility and why I said you should expect the same results.
      What does the Super Bowl have to do with the NFLPA grade? You know that this thread is talking about that and that it relates to facilities, not Super Bowl right? Vikings are currently ranked #1 for example while Chiefs are ranked 29th.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
        Dea Spanos my HERO
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I'm pretty sure the Chargers are paying for the new facility, not El Segundo. I remember that from the initial press release.
        The devil is in the details. The Chargers are leasing the facility. The Chargers are NOT owners. This should sound familiar.

Sonnenblick-Eichner Company announced today that they have arranged $276 million of construction and permanent financing for a new corporate headquarters and training facility to be leased to the Los Angeles Chargers football team.

Beverly Hills, Sonnenblick-Eichner Company, Los Angeles Chargers, El Segundo, SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles International Airport, Continental Development Corporation, Mar Ventures Inc.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Truth hurts que no mijo ?

The report card is out for forum dissection.

Getting defensive is easy.

Admitting what Archie Manning knew all along takes real balls. Dude was right even before Spanos.

It's not projection.

It's reality.

I have accepted that as a fan.

Embraced it.

Drank the kool aide and keeps coming back for more.

Why ?

Science has no answer.
          The report card is there for discussion and yet you feel the need to talk about unrelated things for some reason. Very strange.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What does the Super Bowl have to do with the NFLPA grade? You know that this thread is talking about that and that it relates to facilities, not Super Bowl right? Vikings are currently ranked #1 for example while Chiefs are ranked 29th.
            I mention Super Bowl or results as a measure for the study posted.

Do facilities make a difference would be the premise ?

Chiefs are ranked 29th overall and we are ranked 30th. Sounds pretty ominous right for both teams ? The Chargers are getting leased training facilities are tied for last place on training facilities alone. The Chiefs are 24th.

Weight room Chiefs are 22nd.

Weight room Chargers are 27th

What makes sense to me if the Chiefs are 29th and we are 30th, what needs to be improved ?

Look deep at the chart.

What jumps out to you in the charts ?

To me "Treatment of Families" and "Food service / nutrition" jump out at my ass. That is a HUGE disparity. The Chiefs are way better at those two categories by far. That speaks mega-volumes I suspect to the players. How do we get better should be the next step in those two areas IMHO.

Moral of the story with me: The Chargers are getting another gifted practice facility "again". They are leasing this new practice facility "again". This is no different than what was offered in San Diego so why should fans expect anything different ? I take these player surveys with a measured grain of salt however I do not dismiss them.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Yep Spanus ilk still suck.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

The devil is in the details. The Chargers are leasing the facility. The Chargers are NOT owners. This should sound familiar.

Sonnenblick-Eichner Company announced today that they have arranged $276 million of construction and permanent financing for a new corporate headquarters and training facility to be leased to the Los Angeles Chargers football team.

Beverly Hills, Sonnenblick-Eichner Company, Los Angeles Chargers, El Segundo, SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles International Airport, Continental Development Corporation, Mar Ventures Inc.
                So what if they are leasing - who cares? Why do you care? Why is that a devil? It’s ubiquitous business practice - so fucking common for businesses to lease facilities there is literally a long-established industry for it. my last 5 companies have leased facilities. Lease payments then pay the loans, why do you have a problem with every thing?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

as dmac said... leasing is common practice for business facilities. In the end, they are still paying for it, not a government entity.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Chiefs are ranked 29th overall and we are ranked 30th. Sounds pretty ominous right for both teams ? The Chargers are getting leased training facilities are tied for last place on training facilities alone. The Chiefs are 24th.

What makes sense to me if the Chiefs are 29th and we are 30th, what needs to be improved ?

Look deep at the chart.

To me "Treatment of Families" and "Food service / nutrition" jump out at my ass. That is a HUGE disparity. The Chiefs are way better at those two categories by far. That speaks mega-volumes I suspect to the players. How do we get better should be the next step in those two areas IMHO.

Moral of the story with me: The Chargers are getting another gifted practice facility "again". They are leasing this new practice facility "again". This is no different than what was offered in San Diego so why should fans expect anything different ? I take these player surveys with a measured grain of salt however I do not dismiss them.
                    Rams just won a SB as well. They have the same two big issues that you knock the Chargers for. You’re looking at things that don’t necessarily correlate to winning. It’s just reaching and I doubt it has any real substantial effect on winning a SB.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

https://theregistrysocal.com/la-char...ndo-%EF%BF%BC/

$276 Million is being invested in the new Chargers training facility.

Guess to venture what the Chargers are chipping in ?

The answer is basically ZERO for construction costs by my reads.

The Chargers will be "leasing" or will be renters.

Hopefully Planet Fitness does not have any bankruptcy sales.
                      Finally, this makes sense.

I was suspicious about the 270 million figure from the get go.
                      Many here were acting as if it was coming out of Spanos's pocket.
                      Spanos refuses to spend 4 million plus on a head coach:
                      how the hell are they suddenly borrowing 270 million for a new facility?

The Spanos are fine with the old bare bones facility; the league probably prompted them to practice in a new one.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Spanos lease deal is a sweatheart deal, subsidized by the NFL,
                      who were fearful of the LA venture turning into a disaster.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Look deep at the chart.

Robert Kraft, maybe 15 years ago - it might have had something to do with Jr. Seau - chided the Chargers organization about they way they treated their players.

"You don't treat people that way" was what I remember.

The family patriarch was a grade A asshole ... it rubbed off on his spawn.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Finally, this makes sense.

I was suspicious about the 270 million figure from the get go.
                          Many here were acting as if it was coming out of Spanos's pocket.
                          Spanos refuses to spend 4 million plus on a head coach:
                          how the hell are they suddenly borrowing 270 million for a new facility?

The Spanos are fine with the old bare bones facility; the league probably prompted them to practice in a new one.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Spanos lease deal is a sweatheart deal, subsidized by the NFL,
                          who were fearful of the LA venture turning into a disaster.
                          Lol, conspiracy much?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X