POLL: Which RB's do You Like in Rounds 3-4-5?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Spiller. Why are we always so fast to blow out guys that dont do shit year 1? I mean you cant just draft a value back every year and throw him out if he doesnt work in year one. I get it TT doesnt seem to have a good grasp on RBs outside of Ekeler...but im kind of thinking Moore has assured TT and staff that he can figure out a way to develop the talent we have drafted over the last few years. He has already stated he likes what he sees in Kelley. I like a lot of the RBs...and i dont mind going there and trying to get it right...but how come we keep giving up on guys after one year. Just makes TT look like a fool. Im not a huge fan of his to begin with...but i think its possible he likes his picks and wants to find a better diagnostician to figure out how to max them out. Man how many mid round picks does he keep blowing? It may help to figure out the run blocking first. Spiller banged up a lot last year. Hoping a fire is lit and he learns how to football outside the white lines. Prep etc. I bet Spiller is much better this year.

Kind of a draft for smaller types. As much as i love Ekeler...i would have been fine trading him to Dallas for Pollard. Lets keep working on a dominant OL that run blocks better and protects JH better.
    Hopefully, but I wouldn't hesitate to draft an rb i really like because Spiller is on the team.

Ekeler isn't going to go on forever; so however Spiller turns out, its time to start considering getting Ekelers replacement.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Hopefully, but I wouldn't hesitate to draft an rb i really like because Spiller is on the team.

Ekeler isn't going to go on forever; so however Spiller turns out, its time to start considering getting Ekelers replacement.
      I think he has another contract in him with us. His work ethic along with how little mileage he has over 6 years makes me think this. He is a major part of this team and locker room. If i felt he was playing his last year with us i would likely agree. Hes barely gone over 200 carries in back to back years. His football IQ is off the charts. He is a really important player and leader. Even at 27...its his reduced mileage and fan favorite rep that makes me think he stays a Bolt for another few years. Im more interested in his complimentary piece. And i think Spillar will grow into that. Maybe even Kelley.

ST and TT have mentioned fixing the run game...i dont necessarily think that means drafting another. I could see a value Free Agent possible added as well. I see a lot of guys wanting us to draft a RB in round 1 or 2. I had a 2/3 grade on Spiller. I think the new OC could get him going. Worry about Ekelers replacement after we finish filling the holes everywhere else. I dont blame AE for the lack of run game dominance last season. The blocking wasnt great. Inconsistent. But most importantly its been pretty predictable for a while now.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Tyjae Spears would round out the RB group. Kelley and Spiller have decent size.

Ekeler, Kelley and Spiller are all essentially Wide Zone, one-cut runners.

Spears makes his hay as a Shotgun, Inside Zone runner. He patiently sets up blocks, then gets skinny. Then he gets greedy as the play develops. A low center of gravity yields surprising, stealthy balance and power. There are 10" hands for receiving and not fumbling.

This is a dynamic, productive, literal change of pace running back to Ekeler. He ought to be of interest to Kellen Moore...shades of Tony Pollard.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Spears makes his hay as a Shotgun, Inside Zone runner. He patiently sets up blocks, then gets skinny. Then he gets greedy as the play develops. A low center of gravity yields surprising, stealthy balance and power. There are 10" hands for receiving and not fumbling.

This is a dynamic, productive, literal change of pace running back to Ekeler. He ought to be of interest to Kellen Moore...shades of Tony Pollard.

I noticed this too, for a smaller player, he's got incredible power and natural balance. Doesn't get destroyed after a tackle.
          He would compliment us well, staying true to the OPs question, Spears is thenanswer.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I noticed this too, for a smaller player, he's got incredible power and natural balance. Doesn't get destroyed after a tackle.
            He would compliment us well, staying true to the OPs question, Spears is thenanswer.
            We will be the only two to give Tyjae any run. I see a baller.

More Kendre rewatching is on my plate, 21. I suspect Kellen Moore is having a good look too.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Good analysis there, Wood...yep, need an inside runner bad...tired of up the gut for nada...

Comment

• AL9000
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • San Diego, CA
                • Send PM

I like DeWayne McBride in the 5th.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

We will be the only two to give Tyjae any run. I see a baller.

More Kendre rewatching is on my plate, 21. I suspect Kellen Moore is having a good look too.
                  Tyjae, Kendre, Deneric...
                  The RB class is the deepest of the draft.
                  WR and TE is pretty deep, too IMO.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Wudai, you were the other guy to vote for Spears?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Wudai, you were the other guy to vote for Spears?
                      Yes.
                      The People's Choice.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Bigger guy. May go UDFA. Patience and vision. Lets blocks develop. Sees lanes easy and solid wiggle through trash. And can lay the wood also. Huge season in 21. Faded last year as did the whole team. Efficient pass catcher. Wont time great but this kid is a really solid football player. Late to UDFA sleeper.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

D'Ernest Johnson,
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X