Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
    And just like that Ek is a Fin
    Ekeler was traded to the Dolphins
    where are you reading or hearing this?

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
      And just like that Ek is a Fin
      Wait...what?
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Blastttoff
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

If only we drafted Kenneth walker

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
          We need to trade him, look I love Ekeler for what he is but what he isn’t is holding this team back. We need an every down back and Ekeler just isn’t that. Teams know when he’s on the field to play the pass and if he runs DL can arm tackle him easily. Sure he’s a monster in space but that makes this team one dimensional. We need to draft Bijan Robinson if he’s there and let this guy keep defenses honest when he’s on the field. Having a running game keeps defenses honest by pulling safety’s down, forcing DE to be honest and not pin their ears back every play and opens up the play action pass.

We were lacking that because Ekeler is a great change of pace back, not a 3 down back. I was hoping they would be able to have Ekeler and Bijan this year and do some awesome things from a 2 back set but if we trade Ekeler and move on to Bijan not only will it save money but it makes this team more unpredictable.
          I agree.... Ekler is a very good change of pace back.... not the kind of back that can carry the load....

there are lots of good young backs drafted every year throughout the nfl......(though TT seems to be horrible at choosing them).... Chiefs got a good one in 7th round, both big and fast....

Sad part is that Ekler is a good guy and im sure liked being a charger, and its not likely we get much more than a middle round pick for him.... many teams are asking RB's to take lower salary.....

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Ekeler was traded to the Dolphins
            where are you reading or hearing this?
            that would be crazy.... how can MIA afford so many pricy skill players???

I dont understand how 49ers who are LOADED on both OL and DL just aquired 2 more studs for their lines.... obviously great organizations that understand having only one or 2 great OL or DL is not enough so they find ways to get it done....$$$$$

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that would be crazy.... how can MIA afford so many pricy skill players???

I dont understand how 49ers who are LOADED on both OL and DL just aquired 2 more studs for their lines.... obviously great organizations that understand having only one or 2 great OL or DL is not enough so they find ways to get it done....$$$$$
              somebody wrote "just like that, Ekeler is a fin"

have not been able to corroborate though - so not sure its true

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Chiefs just signed a great LT to add to that loaded SB winning team!

Chargers working on getting worse?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Plus, the shelf life of a running back is tough. Ekeler is a good solid NFL running back. I think best used as a third down back. He was a positive in the Chargers offense. That said, the offense needs to improve and this is the year to move on from him.
                  These are the hard decisions good managment has to make in the big picture. If they can keep him with a slight raise sure, but we still need to add a bigger back that can run on running downs.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                    Chiefs just signed a great LT to add to that loaded SB winning team!

Chargers working on getting worse?
                    Rather the Chiefs signed a great RT who they are praying will be able to adjust to playing LT at an NFL level.

As for Ekeler, he's a victim of the unfortunate reality of the RB market. It's simply not a position you can have eating up premier cap space. Especially not when they are 28.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

These are the hard decisions good managment has to make in the big picture. If they can keep him with a slight raise sure, but we still need to add a bigger back that can run on running downs.
                      For the Chargers to get better in 2023 - it probably means the offense is better, more diversified and passing the ball downfield. So, that probably means Ekeler will get less touches and touchdowns. That doesn't mean he hasn't been a very good player and the Chargers used him as circumstances dictated. But moving forward, his touches, yards might go down.

Its probably the right time to trade him - he still has value and the Chargers would also gain from it

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

For the Chargers to get better in 2023 - it probably means the offense is better, more diversified and passing the ball downfield. So, that probably means Ekeler will get less touches and touchdowns. That doesn't mean he hasn't been a very good player and the Chargers used him as circumstances dictated. But moving forward, his touches, yards might go down.

Its probably the right time to trade him - he still has value and the Chargers would also gain from it
                        Exactly

Ekler has been extremely productive. But with Justin Herbert as your QB, you probably dont want 107 short passes goimg to your RB in a better offence, and you need to be able to pound the ball on running downs, like in the 2nd half against the Jags. There are RBs that can do that better than Ekler.

I dont think a switch at RB is the end of the world, unless they dont add to Kelley and Spiller.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Is it strictly a money thing? Or does he simply not want to be on a third place team for the next 5+ years? As a RB, he knows his shelf life is limited. I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of the AFCW. Go chase that ring. Life/career is short.

Oh well, bring on Bijan Robinson.

Robinson/Kelly/Spiller go.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X