• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think they are trying to walk the talk. Last two drafts first round picks both OL. Signed Linsley for big bucks. Signed Day and Johnson to good deals. They are trying.

I know they had lotsa injuries and to really imporant OL, but I still feel like the OL coach is part of the problem from last season. Salyer looked good as a rookie and Pipkins improved, but the overall line was worse than when Frankie Smith was leading it. But hey, what do I know? Pretty sure Staley would have fired him if he felt I was right on this.

TG
    I think the Chargers will be 20% better just cause Lombardi is not running the offense period. With Moore I see another 20% improvement on top of that.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think the Chargers will be 20% better just cause Lombardi is not running the offense period. With Moore I see another 20% improvement on top of that.
      Hmmm. So you're predicting 40% improvement on offense? If that turns out to be true then a 13-3 season coming? I don't think so.
      I'd be happy with fixing the run game and Herbert improvement in his decision making. And please no more batted down balls. Or as least cut
      the amount down by 2/3rds.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Hmmm. So you're predicting 40% improvement on offense? If that turns out to be true then a 13-3 season coming? I don't think so.
        I'd be happy with fixing the run game and Herbert improvement in his decision making. And please no more batted down balls. Or as least cut
        the amount down by 2/3rds.
        Really depends on the draft. If we get 3 solid players from this draft anything is possible.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Really depends on the draft. If we get 3 solid players from this draft anything is possible.
          The problem we may be faced with replacing Ekeler and Jackson. That would leave a couple of holes that we otherwise shouldn't
          be worried about. So lets say Bijan is there at #21. Do you think we take him or go WR/TE? If Ekeler was on board for the next
          couple years I'm pretty sure we'd go WR/TE. But with the situation being what it is RB and CB also come into play in rounds 1, 2.

So that changes a lot of things we could have done differently in the draft. But I'm not convinced Bijan will be there at 21 and I think the
          Raiders go TE since they lost Waller. Which one is the question. Lets say we are faced with the choice of TE Mayer or WR Flowers.
          Which way do we go?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

The problem we may be faced with replacing Ekeler and Jackson. That would leave a couple of holes that we otherwise shouldn't
            be worried about. So lets say Bijan is there at #21. Do you think we take him or go WR/TE? If Ekeler was on board for the next
            couple years I'm pretty sure we'd go WR/TE. But with the situation being what it is RB and CB also come into play in rounds 1, 2.

So that changes a lot of things we could have done differently in the draft. But I'm not convinced Bijan will be there at 21 and I think the
            Raiders go TE since they lost Waller. Which one is the question. Lets say we are faced with the choice of TE Mayer or WR Flowers.
            Which way do we go?
            I do not see any WR this year that are worthy of the 21st pick. The best WR in this years draft at #21 is a guy named Gibbs.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

I do not see any WR this year that are worthy of the 21st pick. The best WR in this years draft at #21 is a guy named Gibbs.
              Gibbs the RB? He's a direct replacement for Ekeler. We don't necessarily gain anything. I hear you on the WRs but I am afraid they
              are in play @21 for us. It's possible both Kincaid and Mayer are gone before we pick. That would leave Washington at TE and he's a
              complete unknown when it comes to receiving. Has the size to be a good blocking TE. I think if that's the choice we go with a WR.
              And by the way I'm not thrilled with Mayer, but he would be a slight upgrade over Everett.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Gibbs the RB? He's a direct replacement for Ekeler. We don't necessarily gain anything. I hear you on the WRs but I am afraid they
                are in play @21 for us. It's possible both Kincaid and Mayer are gone before we pick. That would leave Washington at TE and he's a
                complete unknown when it comes to receiving. Has the size to be a good blocking TE. I think if that's the choice we go with a WR.
                And by the way I'm not thrilled with Mayer, but he would be a slight upgrade over Everett.
                He's a homerun hitter superior to ekeler. If you can't see this someone else will.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

He's a homerun hitter superior to ekeler. If you can't see this someone else will.
                  Doesn't matter what you think about a guy in college. If we lose Ekeler he would be a direct replacement. If we don't lose Eleker we'd be getting
                  a CMC clone. Both Ekeler and Gibbs are the same type of RB. Gibbs will be younger, maybe better but with less experience.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I’ve said it already, Gibbs and Ekeler in the backfield would be killer. Sign me up!

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Doesn't matter what you think about a guy in college. If we lose Ekeler he would be a direct replacement. If we don't lose Eleker we'd be getting
                      a CMC clone. Both Ekeler and Gibbs are the same type of RB. Gibbs will be younger, maybe better but with less experience.
                      And less demands for the next four years...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

And less demands for the next four years...
                        I believe Gibbs is much more explosive, with the long speed Austin does not have. He would be a more dangerous 'weapon' for Herbert. If I needed a 1st down - AE. If I needed a home run threat - Gibbs. Ideally we would have both??

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I believe Gibbs is much more explosive, with the long speed Austin does not have. He would be a more dangerous 'weapon' for Herbert. If I needed a 1st down - AE. If I needed a home run threat - Gibbs. Ideally we would have both??
                          But the argument has been that we need a guy that can run between the tackles. Gibbs may be more explosive, faster, younger, etc. BUT he's 5'9" 200lbs. Essentially the
                          same size as Ekeler. We're not running between the tackles with neither one of them. If Ekeler can't do it ( I argued that he does, problem being our O line blocking) neither will
                          Gibbs. But real issue is that he's a replacement for Ekeler in case he leaves this year or next. He may be better but we still would need a bigger 2nd RB. Injury especially for
                          smaller RB running between the tackles is high. I compared him to CMC, much injured.

Comment

Working...
                          X