• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Waive Austin Ekeler, since no trade is feasible. Draft Jahmyr Gibbs or Tajae Spears or Sean Tucker or...

Austin has fumblitis, as did MG III. Wearing down is inevitable. The TDs are definitely a product of his explosion, but we are best served by moving on, with mixed emotions, but knowledge of what is wise, in context.

They just cannot have a situation where he is not committed. He needs to go to another team. If there was a trade offer last Tueday, the Chargers should have pulled the trigger and not hold out for value or whatever

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Waive Austin Ekeler, since no trade is feasible. Draft Jahmyr Gibbs or Tajae Spears or Sean Tucker or...

Austin has fumblitis, as did MG III. Wearing down is inevitable. The TDs are definitely a product of his explosion, but we are best served by moving on, with mixed emotions, but knowledge of what is wise, in context.

I'd rather have him for a handful of games this year if he indeed decides to holdout, distraction be dammed.
      the message is clear, you're expected to play out the contract you sign.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'd rather have him for a handful of games this year if he indeed decides to holdout, distraction be dammed.
        How did that work out when Melvin showed up late
        or when Vincent Jackson showed up in week 11

That doesn't work out all the time

The reason he wants to get paid now and not in the future as he knows his numbers will probably go down and he will be a free agent based on 2023. And I get it - he was smart to ask. But his true value is probably 65 catches and maybe 400 yards rushing. His stats were more than his contract the last two years but moving forward, he will be right in line

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Doesn't sound like he is planning on doing what Jackson or Gordon did.

"But for me, it's like, if there's an opportunity to get more value, than why would you not jump on that? Why would you not at least try out the options? And worst-case scenario -- it's not even a worst-case, really -- but, OK, go play on the last year of your deal in L.A., then become a free agent."

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How did that work out when Melvin showed up late
            or when Vincent Jackson showed up in week 11

That doesn't work out all the time

The reason he wants to get paid now and not in the future as he knows his numbers will probably go down and he will be a free agent based on 2023. And I get it - he was smart to ask. But his true value is probably 65 catches and maybe 400 yards rushing. His stats were more than his contract the last two years but moving forward, he will be right in line
            This is exactly why he will ball out for LAC this year. Everyone relax, he knows the MG story even better than you do, that created his opportunity for his big break in the NFL.

No release, no trade for a lousy 6th or 7th, no quarter. He’s found out the market is not what he thought, now he has time to adjust to reality and accept his LAC contract is fair before OTAs and TC. Play or sit in your rock room making podcasts for a tiny fraction of what you’d be paid to show up and play.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

For this year, we are best served bringing him back at his current contract. Cutting your best non-QB skill player with no replacement on the roster just opens another hole in a thin roster position and is definitely not a prudent football decision.
              It's simple.
              I agree to disagree.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

1. Shut your piehole, Austin.
                2. Sleep with your arms wrapped around a football, ala Tiki Barber.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

It's simple.
                  I agree to disagree.
                  Agree with you Wu

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It all depends on his mindset. He cannot be a hold out and show up Labor Day. I was watching NFLNetwork this morning for a few minutes and they were talking about Ekeler - and basically it was "stats driven." Brandt mentioned all the catches and touchdowns. My thought was Brandt just watched hte highlights - because, again, not blaimng Ekeler - but the Chargers offense last year was sluggish and very station to station. thats not Ekelers fault but the Chargers cannot pay him in the future for what he did. He was a UDFA so was paid the minimum for three years and now this contract. I get why he is asking - but I also get why the Chargers are hesistant to pay him. Granted, he should be pissed as they still paid Keenan Allen 19m when that was also based ona few years ago
                    He never said he would hold out. In fact he said he would play out his final season if no trade is made and test free agency.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Doesn't sound like he is planning on doing what Jackson or Gordon did.
                      I remember catching this little nugget live, he just spelled out his intention and lost whatever leverage he had there.
                      he'll be back, its just a matter of how motivated he'll be.
                      My guess is that while he's talking tough now, he'll want to ball out during the season for a chance at the biggest bag next year.
                      he's not lazy gaither, it's in his nature to work hard and he'll revert to that.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I remember catching this little nugget live, he just spelled out his intention and lost whatever leverage he had there.
                          he'll be back, its just a matter of how motivated he'll be.
                          My guess is that while he's talking tough now, he'll want to ball out during the season for a chance at the biggest bag next year.
                          he's not lazy gaither, it's in his nature to work hard and he'll revert to that.
                          Not only is it not his nature, he’s too smart to do it. He saw the MG debacle first hand and how it ruined his teammate’s career. He can add 2+2. He can’t Gaizy it if he wants a contract in 2024, it that simple and he knows it. he might know he’s sloughing but he knows the world will see he hit the RB wall and is sliding down the hill to discarded oblivion. Good luck convincing GMs that “no, i really am still top shelf with my best still ahead of me, close your eyes and don’t look at 2023, i swear I just wasn’t trying”.

no - he HAS to ball out to achieve his goal. He is one of the most goal oriented players in the league and he always applies the work discipline and effort needed to achieve his goals. He is more likely to try even harder to prove his truth to the football world.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X