• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I wouldn’t be shocked if his passing numbers were not as good and the TDs were down but we went further in the playoffs and won more games.

Moore will be more balanced on offense and the opportunities won’t be there. I highly doubt Ekeler if we don’t draft Bijan wil have the same results.

I can all but guarantee outside of injury Bijan will have more rushing yards than Ekeler and at the end of the day it’s not about TDs it’s about winning games, close or blow out important games, and Bijan can help us do that.
    TDs is what wins games. KC passed for 186 yards yet won the SB by scoring TDs. I'm not getting into the Ekeler/Bijan debate. If we keep Ekeler and he rushing for 700 yards and 50 catches I will be OK, so long as the rest of the offense is clicking. Last year it was not. We can blame injuries which in fact were a problem all year. But the truth is our run blocking sucked.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      It must be noted that Bijan is climbing into LT territory (top five overall) even with devaluation of the position.
      Some people have been watching his games too closely and have realized that Bijan is an exceptional talent.
      LT was #5, Sanders #3 in the 1st round. With the RB position currently devalued he may drop into 5-10 area but I would not be shocked to see a team who is not desperate for QB take him top 5.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

So does running the football for 4 yards at a time. Which is why the NFL is now a passing league. The run game is a complement. It's not going to win you many games.
        But it is needed.
        Very true. But an effective running game does help with play action, keeps the defense honest and if you can run the ball better- also helpos create down abnd distance plus short yardage

though I agree - passing is where its at

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

So does running the football for 4 yards at a time. Which is why the NFL is now a passing league. The run game is a complement. It's not going to win you many games.
          But it is needed.
          Agree on need. Throwing every down severely limits what the O can do.@ 60/65% P- 35/40% R seems about right
          Ideally the quality of RB. run blocking and playcalling is such that the RB gets some 10- 30 yd (or more) chunk plays in several games

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Some people have been watching his games too closely and have realized that Bijan is an exceptional talent.
            LT was #5, Sanders #3 in the 1st round. With the RB position currently devalued he may drop into 5-10 area but I would not be shocked to see a team who is not desperate for QB take him top 5.
            I think he is going to the Eagles at 10 personally

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The funny things is...neither LT or Barry Sanders got their teams to the SUPERBOWL let alone win it for them. Superstar running backs are a potential distraction away from fixing other problems on a team...
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The funny things is...neither LT or Barry Sanders got their teams to the SUPERBOWL let alone win it for them. Superstar running backs are a potential distraction away from fixing other problems on a team...
                They put butts in the seats. Fans at the games go nuts to see them make big plays. There's that.
                Winning a SB - team and some luck. Coaching, Offense, Defense and Special teams have to play quality complimentary ball and catch a few breaks.
                LT got us in the area and stupid teammate Fups took us out when 14-2. He went lame in the AFCC.when Rivers, Gates and Merriman were injured.
                Sanders was on a lousy team. and pulled the plug.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I think he is going to the Eagles at 10 personally
                  Unless they get Zeke and go something like CB

If he has a great pro-day - that will shoot him up boards

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

TDs is what wins games. KC passed for 186 yards yet won the SB by scoring TDs. I'm not getting into the Ekeler/Bijan debate. If we keep Ekeler and he rushing for 700 yards and 50 catches I will be OK, so long as the rest of the offense is clicking. Last year it was not. We can blame injuries which in fact were a problem all year. But the truth is our run blocking sucked.
                    Tds and preventing tds how did our 27-0 lead and touchdowns do for us? A strong running game with a back who can make bad run blocking look average not a back who makes bad blocking look worse, can win games your passing game puts you ahead on.

I juries last year would have been mitigated with a complete running back to keep defenses honest. Our rookie LT played very well and our OL was forced to pass block over and over allowing teams to Tee off on Herbert and force errant throws because we lacked a run game.

A truly multidimensional back is needed on this team to allow Herbert to not have to do it all. Ekeler for his strengths still puts all the weight on Herbert.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

But it is needed.
                      It sure can with 27-0 games…

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Tds and preventing tds how did our 27-0 lead and touchdowns do for us? A strong running game with a back who can make bad run blocking look average not a back who makes bad blocking look worse, can win games your passing game puts you ahead on.

I juries last year would have been mitigated with a complete running back to keep defenses honest. Our rookie LT played very well and our OL was forced to pass block over and over allowing teams to Tee off on Herbert and force errant throws because we lacked a run game.

A truly multidimensional back is needed on this team to allow Herbert to not have to do it all. Ekeler for his strengths still puts all the weight on Herbert.
                        A compelling case for Bijan at 21

I still would not want to move up for him - especially if it costs like a 2nd or 3rd. Barely even a4th. But at 21 - I can see the reason why Bijan makes a lot of sense

I mean, I want speed on the outside and I think they can get in R2 or R3 - but top notch running back that can get big plays but also get 3 yards when you need 2, thats needed.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

A compelling case for Bijan at 21

I still would not want to move up for him - especially if it costs like a 2nd or 3rd. Barely even a4th. But at 21 - I can see the reason why Bijan makes a lot of sense

I mean, I want speed on the outside and I think they can get in R2 or R3 - but top notch running back that can get big plays but also get 3 yards when you need 2, thats needed.
                          I don’t think we need to move up. If he goes earlier then you just go BPA and look at Charbonet in the second or third.

I’ve seen a few mocks with Bijan. Imho the value of Bijan at 21 is too great to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                          X