• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hell yes!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

I'd rather include Ekeler in a package that could get the ninth pick so we could be in position to get Bijan Robinson or maybe even one of the top defensive linemen.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
        I'd rather include Ekeler in a package that could get the ninth pick so we could be in position to get Bijan Robinson or maybe even one of the top defensive linemen.
        If the value of Ekeler is 260 "trade" points - the Chargers would have to add their 2nd get back the Bears 4th

Chargers: send out Ekeler (260) + 21 (800) + Chargers 54 (360)

Chargers get: Bears 9th pick 1350 + Bears 4th

I still think I want more picks in Rounds 2 and 3 - not less. Looking ahead, they need a lot of depth across the board.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the value of Ekeler is 260 "trade" points - the Chargers would have to add their 2nd get back the Bears 4th

Chargers: send out Ekeler (260) + 21 (800) + Chargers 54 (360)

Chargers get: Bears 9th pick 1350 + Bears 4th

I still think I want more picks in Rounds 2 and 3 - not less. Looking ahead, they need a lot of depth across the board.
          I think Bijan is worth it, especially with the way Telesco drafts after top 20 in the first round. I'd rather have an elite running back for five or six years than two guys who probably won't make it to a second contract.

Of course I'd love it if Telesco gets three or four good starters in the top four rounds. I just don't think he'll be able to accomplish that in this draft.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I think Bijan is worth it, especially with the way Telesco drafts after top 20 in the first round. I'd rather have an elite running back for five or six years than two guys who probably won't make it to a second contract.

Of course I'd love it if Telesco gets three or four good starters in the top four rounds. I just don't think he'll be able to accomplish that in this draft.
            Thats a fair point about Telesco. Just because he has more picks doesn't mean they will pan out. That said - I see so many needs: Edge WR RB. CB, OC, TE probably another WR- -nice to at least try to check a lot of boxes

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

yeah more picks mean nothing when you have telesCON as a GM. I wouldnt have faith in him getting good depth in the later rounds. Man McKitty was such a waste of a pick. I havent given up on Spiller yet cuz he didnt get to play much at all with the 2 RBs healthy pretty much all season. I wonder if it's cuz he hasnt picked up blitz packages.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                yeah more picks mean nothing when you have telesCON as a GM. I wouldnt have faith in him getting good depth in the later rounds. Man McKitty was such a waste of a pick. I havent given up on Spiller yet cuz he didnt get to play much at all with the 2 RBs healthy pretty much all season. I wonder if it's cuz he hasnt picked up blitz packages.
                We have no idea what we really have because we had Lombardi running the show for two years. No ONES a bust until Moore gets thru camp with these guys.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We have no idea what we really have because we had Lombardi running the show for two years. No ONES a bust until Moore gets thru camp with these guys.
                  This, so much this.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

An offensive weapon to outscore opponents, or one to keep teams from storming back? I don’t think anyone has a clue what TT is going to do. Short term? Long term? I haven’t a clue.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      An offensive weapon to outscore opponents, or one to keep teams from storming back? I don’t think anyone has a clue what TT is going to do. Short term? Long term? I haven’t a clue.
                      I know he's going to screw up in the 3rd round . . . . . . .

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I know he's going to screw up in the 3rd round . . . . . . .
                        Here’s hoping he somehow trades that pick.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

I'd like to come away with future picks that we can continue to push forward for more valuable picks.
                          Everyone is anticipating Herbert's megacontract, but i've noticed that most of the cap is taken after 2 or more years.
                          that is when we'll have to do a soft rebuild.
                          we have our core guys for this run, I can see us trading down AND trading Ekeler for a future 2nd and some.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X