• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

To try and force the team to trade him by the deadline or extend him. If they don't, he reduces his chances of injury and moves on at the end of the year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

no trade scenario is going to net the chargers enough to recoup the lose in production from ekeler being gone…4 round pick at best will be offered…what is that going to do for the team? Unless you think a 4rth rounder or worse is going to score 39 TDs over the next 2 years…
      I understand.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

no trade scenario is going to net the chargers enough to recoup the lose in production from ekeler being gone…4 round pick at best will be offered…what is that going to do for the team? Unless you think a 4rth rounder or worse is going to score 39 TDs over the next 2 years…
        And how one dimensional was our offense in that time? Ekeler was given a ton of opportunity that he wouldn’t have received elsewhere. While he is an amazing 3rd down back using and paying a third down back like a everydown back is bad for our offense. We need balance and Ekeler is not a balanced back. Sure it’s hard to replace his production in a Lombardi led passing first offense. But if we get an every down back that can make opposing defenses honest by not putting the entire offense on Herbert every down, we won’t need Ekeler to score those touchdowns because other players will.

Comment

• AL9000
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2022
          • San Diego, CA
          • Send PM

I’ve been sayin Ek isn’t it. This team needs a true 3 down back. I would trade him on draft day so we don’t blow our cover in targeting Robinson at 21.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

He will lose game checks and be fined.
            How is that smart business?
            Risk of injury negatively impacting next deal v losing game checks

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I kinda wonder if this isn’t about exactly what Ekeler said it was about, getting a new RB to share the load. And if we’re not doing that, then paying him like a top five every-down RB, cuz that’s what he’s been freakin’ doing for us.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

For all the folks that wanted the Chargers to trade for CMC when the Panthers shopped him before the deadline, I guess the grass is always greener here on the forums…would you believe me if I told you guys that the chargers have their own version of CMC?

Ekeler 811 rush attempts 3,727 yards 4.6 yard avg 34 rushing TD’s 389 receptions 3,448 yards 8.9 avg per reception 29 TD’s

CMC 1,025 rush attempts 4,726 yards 4.6 yard avg 38 rushing TD’s 442 receptions 3,756 yards 8.5 avg per reception 22 TD’s

Look at the fucking numbers they don’t lie!!!

Austin is one year and 9 days older than CMC but he also has 214 less carries and 53 less catches for a total of 267 less touches although both entered the league in 2017, Austin wasn’t featured until 2020…and he hasn’t missed the huge chunks of time due to injury that CMC has…Also on 267 less touches Austin has 3 more TD’s than CMC! So his TD efficiency rating is actually higher than CMC’s!

Also, the 49ers sent the panthers their 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth round picks in this 2023 draft plus an additional 5th rounder in the 2024 draft…

Austin turns 28 in late May and CMC turns 27 in early June…but CMC has also had much more severe injuries in his NFL career…so is CMC really that much better? The production based on touches says no, the TD efficiency says no, so it is it simply that he’s more of a household name and was drafted high in 2017 vs Austin going undrafted?
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

For all the folks that wanted the Chargers to trade for CMC when the Panthers shopped him before the deadline, I guess the grass is always greener here on the forums…would you believe me if I told you guys that the chargers have their own version of CMC?

Ekeler 811 rush attempts 3,727 yards 4.6 yard avg 34 rushing TD’s 389 receptions 3,448 yards 8.9 avg per reception 29 TD’s

CMC 1,025 rush attempts 4,726 yards 4.6 yard avg 38 rushing TD’s 442 receptions 3,756 yards 8.5 avg per reception 22 TD’s

Look at the fucking numbers they don’t lie!!!

Austin is one year and 9 days older than CMC but he also has 214 less carries and 53 less catches for a total of 267 less touches although both entered the league in 2017, Austin wasn’t featured until 2020…and he hasn’t missed the huge chunks of time due to injury that CMC has…Also on 267 less touches Austin has 3 more TD’s than CMC! So his TD efficiency rating is actually higher than CMC’s!

Also, the 49ers sent the panthers their 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth round picks in this 2023 draft plus an additional 5th rounder in the 2024 draft…

Austin turns 28 in late May and CMC turns 27 in early June…but CMC has also had much more severe injuries in his NFL career…so is CMC really that much better? The production based on touches says no, the TD efficiency says no, so it is it simply that he’s more of a household name and was drafted high in 2017 vs Austin going undrafted?
                  Don't have to convince me. I said it earlier tonight and McCaffrey was traded for 2 picks.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't have to convince me. I said it earlier tonight and McCaffrey was traded for 2 picks.
                    Not according to The NFL’s own website, it’s were I got my information from, it clearly says the panthers recieved 2,3,4 this year and a 5 next year in 2024, here’s the link, don’t have to take my word for it…

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-tr...ost-of-draft-p

“in exchange for McCaffrey, the Panthers will receive a 2023 NFL Draft second-round pick, a 2023 third-rounder, a 2023 fourth-rounder and a 2024 fifth-round pick. Carolina and San Francisco subsequently announced the trade.“
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
                      I’ve been sayin Ek isn’t it. This team needs a true 3 down back. I would trade him on draft day so we don’t blow our cover in targeting Robinson at 21.
                      Shit, even Ek has been saying he needs an Rb partner.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Risk of injury negatively impacting next deal v losing game checks
                        So there is this big deal somewhere waiting for him next season that is going to motivate him to hold out, miss game checks and pay fines, take a hit to his professional image and locker room status that is all going to be worth it for him in the end?
                        wow. Well I guess I'm even more convinced that I want him gone after he plays 11plus games for us this year.
                        He'll be fresher for those 11 games plus playoffs and net us a 3rd round comp pick with this huge rb contract someone is willing to give him that's obviously much more than whatever slave extension deal Telesco was pitching back in March 2023.
                        not buying it, he will play because the money he is set to currently get is worth playing for, and he knows it. The only real risky choice is to actually holdout, he won't do it.

Again, he's a known commodity, we're in our last all-in year with our core 4 we just restructured. Telesco is feeling the heat, he isn't trading any known commodity that's going to help us win NOW.

2 caveats would be
                        1: If Moore suddenly decides Ekeler is holding this offense back so we should trade him now. Which is simular to Budsman's idea if I'm reading that right. No way. Telesco is already trying to extend him, this means we (Moore too) want him here beyond this season.
                        2. We trade for another veteran player to help us win now. Much more likelier at "seriously doubt it"

Ekeler has not even THREATENED a holdout, he's simply asking for permission to do his due diligence and compare Telesco's offer to whats out there.
                        this is what my dude Marty Schotty would call a, "non issue"
                        RIP
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So there is this big deal somewhere waiting for him next season that is going to motivate him to hold out, miss game checks and pay fines, take a hit to his professional image and locker room status that is all going to be worth it for him in the end?
                          wow. Well I guess I'm even more convinced that I want him gone after he plays 11plus games for us this year.
                          He'll be fresher for those 11 games plus playoffs and net us a 3rd round comp pick with this huge rb contract someone is willing to give him that's obviously much more than whatever slave extension deal Telesco was pitching back in March 2023.
                          not buying it, he will play because the money he is set to currently get is worth playing for, and he knows it. The only real risk is not seeing this future contract from some team willing to make up all lost money and thensome.

Again, he's a known commodity, we're in our last all-in year with our core 4 we just restructured. Telesco is feeling the heat, he isn't trading any known commodity that's going to help us win NOW.

2 caveats would be
                          1: If Moore suddenly decides Ekeler is holding this offense back so we should trade him now (no F ing way). Which is simular to Budsman's idea if I'm reading that right.
                          2. We trade for another veteran player to help us win now. Much more likelier at "seriously doubt it"

Ekeler has not even THREATENED a holdout, he's simply asking for permission to do his due diligence and comparecTeleaco's offer to whats out there.
                          this is what my dude Marty Schotty would call a, "non issue"
                          RIP
                          he can’t hold out, if he does it accomplishes nothing, he owes the charger a year of work under his current deal, if he holds out they retain his rights for 2024 as well…

Comment

Working...
                          X