• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
    For all the folks that wanted the Chargers to trade for CMC when the Panthers shopped him before the deadline, I guess the grass is always greener here on the forums…would you believe me if I told you guys that the chargers have their own version of CMC?

Ekeler 811 rush attempts 3,727 yards 4.6 yard avg 34 rushing TD’s 389 receptions 3,448 yards 8.9 avg per reception 29 TD’s

CMC 1,025 rush attempts 4,726 yards 4.6 yard avg 38 rushing TD’s 442 receptions 3,756 yards 8.5 avg per reception 22 TD’s

Look at the fucking numbers they don’t lie!!!

Austin is one year and 9 days older than CMC but he also has 214 less carries and 53 less catches for a total of 267 less touches although both entered the league in 2017, Austin wasn’t featured until 2020…and he hasn’t missed the huge chunks of time due to injury that CMC has…Also on 267 less touches Austin has 3 more TD’s than CMC! So his TD efficiency rating is actually higher than CMC’s!

Also, the 49ers sent the panthers their 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth round picks in this 2023 draft plus an additional 5th rounder in the 2024 draft…

Austin turns 28 in late May and CMC turns 27 in early June…but CMC has also had much more severe injuries in his NFL career…so is CMC really that much better? The production based on touches says no, the TD efficiency says no, so it is it simply that he’s more of a household name and was drafted high in 2017 vs Austin going undrafted?
    Somethings I forgot to mention in this post is that with 267 less touches Austin has a full seasons worth of touches less on his career, that’s a lot of wear and tear he hasn’t accumulated on his body compared to CMC…also he didn’t become the full time starter until 2020 so he has 3 seasons as the starter compared to CMCs 6 years as a starter…

Since Ekeler became the starter in 2020, this is how the two compare in production

Austin 526 carries 2,356 yards 26 tds 231 receptions 1,772 yards 15 tds Total touches 757 (career games missed to injury 6)

CMC 402 carries 1,806 yards 14 tds 139 receptions 1,372 yards 7 tds Toal touches 514 (career games missed to injury 29)

it should be noted that CMC had basically shut himself down in Carolina of his 514 touches since the 2020 season 211 came in ten games in SF last year! That’s 41% of his production over three seasons came in one 10 game stretch…Amazing how much motivation comes from getting 27 million bucks up front from the niners!

none of this is meant to take anything away from CMC, if anything I did this to show people here how much they’ve under appreciated Ekeler compared to a popular more well known guy like CMC…I know a lot of people here wanted the chargers to trade for CMC last season, so why would you guys be okay paying CMC over 12 per year but not Austin? look at what CMC is making and has made, can you honestly make the claim that he’s been worth that extra 70 million dollars he’s made over ekeler since 2017? Austin has been more dependable and durable and has suffered less injuries and he’s exactly a year older but has three less years of starts and 267 less touches since they both entered the NFL…I could make the argument that Austin has also played on inferior teams with less talent as well and yet his production has held up, his durability has held up, it’s time to stop holding up his compensation, vote for ekeler to get paid!
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Somethings I forgot to mention in this post is that with 267 less touches Austin has a full seasons worth of touches less on his career, that’s a lot of wear and tear he hasn’t accumulated on his body compared to CMC…also he didn’t become the full time starter until 2020 so he has 3 seasons as the starter compared to CMCs 6 years as a starter…

Since Ekeler became the starter in 2020, this is how the two compare in production

Austin 526 carries 2,356 yards 26 tds 231 receptions 1,772 yards 15 tds Total touches 757 (career games missed to injury 6)

CMC 402 carries 1,806 yards 14 tds 139 receptions 1,372 yards 7 tds Toal touches 514 (career games missed to injury 29)

it should be noted that CMC had basically shut himself down in Carolina of his 514 touches since the 2020 season 211 came in ten games in SF last year! That’s 41% of his production over three seasons came in one 10 game stretch…Amazing how much motivation comes from getting 27 million bucks up front from the niners!

none of this is meant to take anything away from CMC, if anything I did this to show people here how much they’ve under appreciated Ekeler compared to a popular more well known guy like CMC…I know a lot of people here wanted the chargers to trade for CMC last season, so why would you guys be okay paying CMC over 12 per year but not Austin? look at what CMC is making and has made, can you honestly make the claim that he’s been worth that extra 70 million dollars he’s made over ekeler since 2017? Austin has been more dependable and durable and has suffered less injuries and he’s exactly a year older but has three less years of starts and 267 less touches since they both entered the NFL…I could make the argument that Austin has also played on inferior teams with less talent as well and yet his production has held up, his durability has held up, it’s time to stop holding up his compensation, vote for ekeler to get paid!
      So for Ekeler to have value that you want to pay him - that means he needs the ball in his hands like the numbers you represent above
      who are you taking touches away from?
      Allen
      Williams
      Spiller at RB or maybe Bijan at RB

So in essence - you want to give a raise for past performance though for the chargers to succeed, his numbers will drop in the future

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Because they might be trading Austin Ekeler
        Because they have no cap space
        Because they draft in the bottom 12 of every round
        Because their defense sucks
        Because Staley is still the HC
        Because Spanos is still the owner
        Because KC is still in their division

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

So for Ekeler to have value that you want to pay him - that means he needs the ball in his hands like the numbers you represent above
          who are you taking touches away from?
          Allen
          Williams
          Spiller at RB or maybe Bijan at RB

So in essence - you want to give a raise for past performance though for the chargers to succeed, his numbers will drop in the future
          past performance? No, future performance on par with one of the games most prized running backs, that’s why I comped him to CMC because he's actually been better and more dependable too. who did he take touches away from? Nobody, he had to carry because everyone else was hurt and couldn’t play…You pay him because he’s worth at least 9 million per season and still has 3 solid good years left, that’s why… plus the offensive line is going to be better the next couple of years, he is going to see higher production with less touches because of that, and if the team suffers injuries like before then you know who you can depend on to carry again…

Look at the numbers I posted, actually LOOK at them, Ekeler is one of the most dangerous scoring weapons in the NFL, it blows my mind that people have come to take for granted like “pfff, we can replace him easy” LOL
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

past performance? No, future performance on par with one of the games most prized running backs, that’s why I comped him to CMC because he's actually been better and more dependable too. who did he take touches away from? Nobody, he had to carry because everyone else was hurt and couldn’t play…You pay him because he’s worth at least 9 million per season and still has 3 solid good years left, that’s why… plus the offensive line is going to be better the next couple of years, he is going to see higher production with less touches because of that, and if the team suffers injuries like before then you know who you can depend on to carry again…

Look at the numbers I posted, actually LOOK at them, Ekeler is one of the most dangerous scoring weapons in the NFL, it blows my mind that people have come to take for granted like “pfff, we can replace him easy” LOL
            I don't take him for granted. I just look at the team, the results on the field, the points scored the offense in general. I am not blaming Ekeler for the woes - I just think they need to make changes. They cannot let him hold in . Now is the time his value will never be higher - take advantage

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I don't know what you're complaining about. It isn't the forum that wants him gone. The team didn't want to pay for his agentThought he was worth at his age.

I had no thought I'm trading him before this happened. My comments weeks ago was that his contract is coming up and he's going to be 28 going on 29 next year.

It is team Ekelr that is forcing the hand here So with that hand forced get what we can
              And you never know Moore might have something to do with this.
              Maybe he is thinking Ekeler at 200 lb isn't the type of guy he wants to carry the team for a price.
              Even Pollard is 209 lb and sharing a load with 215 lb Elliott. Till we get more details it isn't worth getting worked up at posters over this.

We knew tough decisions were coming and this one was unexpected actually. I'm not a fan of restructuring both Bosa and Mac but that's what happened

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

The Chargers deciding to pay Ekeler bigger money to have him pull the load, then entertaining 4th round type guest appearance RB’s to offset him primarily being a 3rd down X factor back of considerable talent was stupid of the Chargers from the get go. Let us all start with that decision first and foremost.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  The Chargers deciding to pay Ekeler bigger money to have him pull the load, then entertaining 4th round type guest appearance RB’s to offset him primarily being a 3rd down X factor back of considerable talent was stupid of the Chargers from the get go. Let us all start with that decision first and foremost.
                  Stupid to the tune of 38 touchdowns in two seasons is the right kind of stupid IMO, I’m tired of the Spanos trying so hard to be smart, give me some more stupid like that, LOL!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

what have you done for me lately, Bosa/Allen, compared to Eckler/Tranquil?

moving on from the wrong two, imo

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                      what have you done for me lately, Bosa/Allen, compared to Eckler/Tranquil?

moving on from the wrong two, imo
                      I don't disagree with that at all.

But that ship sailed. And if it makes sense to trade Ekeler a year early - do it now

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Stupid to the tune of 38 touchdowns in two seasons is the right kind of stupid IMO, I’m tired of the Spanos trying so hard to be smart, give me some more stupid like that, LOL!
                        And how good was the offense with Ek scoring those 38 touchdowns?

How many playoff wins?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

And how good was the offense with Ek scoring those 38 touchdowns?

How many playoff wins?
                          you’re right, scoring 38 tds in two years didn’t get us where we need to go so let's get rid of that production to see if the situation improves…

Comment

Working...
                          X