Eks coming back. Look at the market.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

And yet people want a cowbell RB, which Ekeler is clearly not. He's more of CMC type who hasn't had the injuries. Ekeler will make $6.25M if he sticks
      with the Chargers. I'd give him a $9M/yr for three years with some guaranteed money. That would be a $27M deal with lets say $14M or thereabouts guaranteed.
      That would easily give us an out on year 3 if he declines as some suspect.
      Yes,....to take less beating off Ekeler and short yard situations. And he has had injuries, just not the past 2 seasons.and not as often as McCaffrey.

Besides if we draft Bijan, we get him 5 years and see how it goes from there. Maybe a franchise tag once. Maybe he gets a 3 year deal after, or not.

I think the 2 RB system is more popular these days.

As for the 9 mil, not an awful deal. Would be take that? Not sure we can offer that now and they maybe weren't figuring that in their plans.

Letting him find a market for himself isn't a bad thing.
      We may not have to offer that much to him.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes,....to take less beating off Ekeler and short yard situations.

Besides if we draft Bijan, we get him 5 years and see how it goes from there. Maybe a franchise tag once. Maybe he gets a 3 year deal after, or not.

I think the 2 RB system is more popular these days.

As for the 9 mil, not an awful deal. Would be take that? Not sure we can offer that now and they maybe weren't figuring that in their plans.

Letting him find a market for himself isn't a bad thing.
        We may not have to offer that much to him.
        We're going to need Edge before a RB, unless you want to take a $38M cap hit for Bosa in 2024. Besides RBs are not valued, so pick one off
        the street. No need to spend a 1st rounder on one. Of course we can draft Bijan, the guy can run and catch, next LT I'm hearing. We'll run
        him into the ground by year 4 and we'll be looking for a bell cow RB again. They are trying to unload Henry, a so called top 3 RB in the league.

Don't know if we can afford him. Spotrac is showing we have 24M cap space. Not sure if that's up to date since we're singing guys every day.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tbone33101 View Post

Man I hardly post just read to get the pulse but it’s crazy how underappreciated Austin Ekeler is….his stats are up there with ANY running back over the last few years, his production is incredible. I get the cap situation and what the RB market is right now, but the dissing of him in here is ridiculous, he is clearly in the TOP class of RBs…I’m not going to repost the stats and production. Maybe it’s just some posters way of coping with the fact he is likely leaving.

I am hoping they let him test the market knowing the deal wasn’t out their for him and he returns, time will tell
          I hope he returns too. I am a huge Ekeler fan but if you asked any GM in the league if they’d take Ekeler or Jacobs, every single one would take Jacobs. That doesn’t denigrate Ekeler, it’s just reality that Jacob’s is a better all around back.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Yup.
            Unless he's just too proud.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

If he doesn’t come back, grab Kareem Hunt. And draft

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

You’re all looking at the market for RBs. Ek is looking at the market for RB/receivers.

Comment

• Tbone33101
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I hope he returns too. I am a huge Ekeler fan but if you asked any GM in the league if they’d take Ekeler or Jacobs, every single one would take Jacobs. That doesn’t denigrate Ekeler, it’s just reality that Jacob’s is a better all around back.
                  That’s an opinion not a fact on jacobs being taken before Ekeler. I doubt that’s the case

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

We're going to need Edge before a RB, unless you want to take a $38M cap hit for Bosa in 2024. Besides RBs are not valued, so pick one off
                    the street. No need to spend a 1st rounder on one. Of course we can draft Bijan, the guy can run and catch, next LT I'm hearing. We'll run
                    him into the ground by year 4 and we'll be looking for a bell cow RB again. They are trying to unload Henry, a so called top 3 RB in the league.

Don't know if we can afford him. Spotrac is showing we have 24M cap space. Not sure if that's up to date since we're singing guys every day.
                    Popper says with his update we have 13 mil. Not counting draft picks. But that was before they signed Fox. If they sign JJ3, that's probably it unless they release someone else.

Fact is you don't know what will happen,....neither do I and who called Bijan the next LT? You need to stop reading Chargers articles from Bolt Beat and BFTB.

I don't want Henry. He is 29 with a 16 mil cap hit next season and has 3 years left on it.
                    RBs I like young guys from the draft or younger vets on a short deal.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

I say grab Kareem Hunt no matter how this all turns out.Then draft another RB later in this draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re all looking at the market for RBs. Ek is looking at the market for RB/receivers.
                        I don't think it matters. His position is RB. It only differs if he is labeled a 3rd down back for which he will get less.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Chargers marginally up their final offer to make it happen.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X